Welcome to Gaia! ::

bad-chop-suey
But look at the pro-gun ban supporters are doing, they are feeding off of these recent mass shootings to push more laws. At least the writer made a good point and is doing something about this recent nonsense. Banning guns will not stop these psychos. And if Gangsters in England can find a gun, it would not be different here

Yes, there are pro "ban all gun" people, but the "ban all guns" bills people like Feinstein are putting out are not what's actually getting passed, or heavily recommended either. I mean the memos Obama recommended were about "assault weapons." Even VP Biden himself said that you should have a shotgun for home defense rather than an assault weapon as it would be easier for the average shooter to hit his mark in cases of self defense. The focus is shifting heavily toward better registration, closing loopholes for criminals, and trying to keep the guns out of the mentally ill that could harm others.

Hygienic Gaian

Dude it is Bob
bad-chop-suey
But look at the pro-gun ban supporters are doing, they are feeding off of these recent mass shootings to push more laws. At least the writer made a good point and is doing something about this recent nonsense. Banning guns will not stop these psychos. And if Gangsters in England can find a gun, it would not be different here

Yes, there are pro "ban all gun" people, but the "ban all guns" bills people like Feinstein are putting out are not what's actually getting passed, or heavily recommended either. I mean the memos Obama recommended were about "assault weapons." Even VP Biden himself said that you should have a shotgun for home defense rather than an assault weapon as it would be easier for the average shooter to hit his mark in cases of self defense. The focus is shifting heavily toward better registration, closing loopholes for criminals, and trying to keep the guns out of the mentally ill that could harm others.

We will have to wait to see if that is true, and if what they (minus Feinstein) really want is more restrictions the violent. We can not allow "assault weapons" and large capacity clips to be banned. This is not about protecting a few homes from burglars, this about giving the many a chance during World War 3, or the end of USA, whichever comes first. When the military fails and the citizens have to rely on themselves. That is what the second Amendment is for.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
In Australia no cinemas allow guns. Because why the hell would you need a gun at the movies?

But I can't help but notice there aren't mass shooting in Australian theatres...

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Sir Deranged Reindeer
In Australia no cinemas allow guns. Because why the hell would you need a gun at the movies?

But I can't help but notice there aren't mass shooting in Australian theatres...

That's because Australia banned guns unless you have a good reason (not self defense) to get one.
Dude it is Bob
bad-chop-suey

You mean those bans that they are exempting themselves from, again? You mean those two who said they weren't going to pass any gun laws? When Obama said he was 'pro second', but everyone was too ******** stupid to pay attention to his 'clinging to their guns and religion' comment?
Or Biden who said in '08, and I quote: Obama can't have my guns'?

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Lunarflowermaiden
Sir Deranged Reindeer

That's because Australia banned guns unless you have a good reason (not self defense) to get one.

Yeah, we have rigorous background checks, expensive gun licences, strict gun storage laws, and you're not allowed to carry a concealed weapon.

And despite all the people who say 'yeah, but criminals don't follow the law!' America has a far higher rate of gun violence per capita.

Hygienic Gaian

Sir Deranged Reindeer

So then you Australians have no murder?? No crime?? No suicide?? You people are amazing!! emotion_jawdrop

Hygienic Gaian

Old Blue Collar Joe
Dude it is Bob
bad-chop-suey

You mean those bans that they are exempting themselves from, again? You mean those two who said they weren't going to pass any gun laws? When Obama said he was 'pro second', but everyone was too ******** stupid to pay attention to his 'clinging to their guns and religion' comment?

Kudos.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Sir Deranged Reindeer
Yeah, we have rigorous background checks, expensive gun licences, strict gun storage laws, and you're not allowed to carry a concealed weapon.

And despite all the people who say 'yeah, but criminals don't follow the law!' America has a far higher rate of gun violence per capita.

Isn't part of that because it was never drilled into Australians' heads they had the right to own guns from the founding of the country? I think the US makes a big deal out of the Constitution and its amendments, so we have a lot of people that are really adamant in their right to bare arms.

Plus, Australia isn't attached to any other major area, whereas people in the US could smuggle guns in from Mexico.

Hygienic Gaian

Super Fightin Prototype
Sir Deranged Reindeer

Isn't part of that because it was never drilled into Australians' heads they had the right to own guns from the founding of the country? I think the US makes a big deal out of the Constitution and its amendments, so we have a lot of people that are really adamant in their right to bare arms.

Plus, Australia isn't attached to any other major area, whereas people in the US could smuggle guns in from Mexico.

Australia also does not have millions of people who want them dead.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

bad-chop-suey
Super Fightin Prototype
Sir Deranged Reindeer

That certainly helps, though the people in power in the US playing World Police is a completely different subject.

Hygienic Gaian

Super Fightin Prototype
bad-chop-suey
Super Fightin Prototype
Sir Deranged Reindeer

That certainly helps, though the people in power in the US playing World Police is a completely different subject.

I do agree to a certain point. However we sometimes have to knock down a few doors to remind the nuts who is in charge.

For example, the war in the middle east should have ended in a matter of a week, not years. We could have found Bin Laden and Hussein in less time if we did not invade.
bad-chop-suey

We will have to wait to see if that is true, and if what they (minus Feinstein) really want is more restrictions the violent. We can not allow "assault weapons" and large capacity clips to be banned. This is not about protecting a few homes from burglars, this about giving the many a chance during World War 3, or the end of USA, whichever comes first. When the military fails and the citizens have to rely on themselves. That is what the second Amendment is for.

You could have had a point back when every nation could possibly get to the same playing field in terms of weaponry. But as our conflict in Libya proved, that's no longer the case. They could kill you quickly from a place of safety. Any enemy that could take out our military in this day and age would not be phased by whatever arsenal you believe you could have.

Old Blue Collar Joe

Citation Needed for the bolded part. Make sure you get the quote about "any" gun laws. Please also try to get the context of the quotes you're using too. After all, those that were smart enough to pay attention to the "clinging" quote were also smart enough to know the context was about the frustration they had over 25 years of administrations not keeping their promises, so they'll take more stock in what they can actually hold on to.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Dude it is Bob
I get the point the article is trying to make, but this part was mind-boggingly bad:

Quote:
Concealed carry is much more frequent than many people believe. With over 4 percent of the adult population in Colorado having concealed handgun permits, a couple hundred adults in Cinemark’s movie theater #9 means that there is an extremely high probability that at least one adult would have a permit.

So, does anyone really think that would have solved anything in this situation? Remember this guy came in wearing a ballistics helmet, bulletproof vest, bulletproof leggings, gas mask and gloves. Oh and don't forget the smoke bombs he used. The last thing any person with concealed carry is going to do is fire into a panicked crowd against that. The threat of causing more injury is far too great.

actually, his vest was not bulletproof
Keltoi Samurai
Dude it is Bob
I get the point the article is trying to make, but this part was mind-boggingly bad:

Quote:
Concealed carry is much more frequent than many people believe. With over 4 percent of the adult population in Colorado having concealed handgun permits, a couple hundred adults in Cinemark’s movie theater #9 means that there is an extremely high probability that at least one adult would have a permit.

So, does anyone really think that would have solved anything in this situation? Remember this guy came in wearing a ballistics helmet, bulletproof vest, bulletproof leggings, gas mask and gloves. Oh and don't forget the smoke bombs he used. The last thing any person with concealed carry is going to do is fire into a panicked crowd against that. The threat of causing more injury is far too great.

actually, his vest was not bulletproof

Ok I stand corrected on that item. I just read a lot of the articles where people were calling it body armor, and given the rest of the defense was bulletproof I made an incorrect conclusion. Thanks for the correction.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff