Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolutionary Justice
YahuShalum
Nadine_Craft
Chibi Halo
Nadine_Craft
I had heard about the cattle being killed. Well I didn't really see any proof but a lot of news sourced claimed that 40 or so of his cattle were killed. I don't know where they got that information from though because it doesn't seem like there is any actual factual evidence to support that his cattle died.

Like I said he has that blog that either he or one of his kids is maintaining that was where those claims first surfaced according to something I read on the LA Times site. That's why I brought it up. Because for the age he is it seems a little strange he'd be very willing to go through the whole set up and update a blog deal. That's why I think his kids are running the thing under his name. Then again, not every senior out there is like my parents where any technology and internet explaining goes right over their heads.

That's not good if they are doing that they would be lying to everybody. Ah great so Bundy probably didn't even lose any cattle. Which means one of his kids probably did take over his blog like you said. Well that sucks.
I've been involved with this situation and yes the feds did kill cattle. I actually have resources on the ground there and have been in communication. I'm part of the medical and luckily I didn't have to go... Yet.

(Also for you libtards as medical I would help everyone including feds from the government you bow to. I would be medical first but I'd also be armed for self-defense. Really domestic terrorist of me right?)
Che Guevara was a medic with a gun, what do you think of him? Terrorist? Hero?
He was a revolutionist fighting for what he believed in.
Nyadriel
Omnileech
And on top of all the crazy the guy is a racist, pro-slavery kinda guy. Why am I not surprised?

Saw comments he was making on the news yesterday as they reported that all his supporters suddenly started to abandon him. I don't like his angry out-of-date backwater attitude either.
Picking cotton is one thing - but it is a job where one gets paid. Guess he doesn't wanna have them paid for doing it.
Problem is you look to the "News" for truth. They are a propaganda tool now and legally at that. Truth
pinchot

Alright, not a smart move on the feds to be so violent with toting their guns around during the confrontation. Since you're someone who is apparently there, all i care about is this: is Cliven's cattle off the god damn public lands? I, as a USA citizen have right to those BLM lands. I can walk on them and enjoy them, but if I use them for grazing I pay taxes which are given both to the state the taxes come from and then to environmental mitigation. As a wildlife biologist, recreation activist, law-abiding rancher's grandson, and a man with a bear tag this season in Montana, I can understand this, 'I want to protect my ability to have guns' mindset. The issue, what cause this matter, however, is that Cliven needs to pay taxes, settle down, and understand that BLM lands belong to everyone and not just him. I'd rather have had the feds bust in, explain the law, and arrest Cliven Bundy right up for having avoided paying those taxes and by doing so, has essentially damaged federal and public land. This man is a criminal being protected by people that want to use him for an agenda that is not linked to the core issue: respecting not this overarching term of 'feds' but respecting natural resource law and policy, respecting other American's rights to the land, and respecting the responsibilities we have to federal land use so, in the words of Theodore Roosevelt: "I recognize the right and duty of this generation to develop and use the natural resources of our land; but I do not recognize the right to waste them, or to rob, by wasteful use, the generations that come after us."

If Cliven were to pay his fees, stop grazing illegally, and sit back, i'd be fine with the man. Till then, he's on my s**t list. Not to mention this is just another example of how multiple agendas grasp onto an event to try and make it their own. I'm sure you got a lot of Sagebrush Rebellion members with you down there.
Would you prefer a Chinese government owned company own the land? I'd prefer non-gmo fed free range cattle. But I digress.

Theodore Roosevelt: "I recognize the right and duty of this generation to develop and use the natural resources of our land; but I do not recognize the right to waste them, or to rob, by wasteful use, the generations that come after us."

Bundy Is using this land for gainful cause to promote our way of life. Would you be up in arms against a person that would create an organic food forest there?

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
YahuShalum
pinchot

Alright, not a smart move on the feds to be so violent with toting their guns around during the confrontation. Since you're someone who is apparently there, all i care about is this: is Cliven's cattle off the god damn public lands? I, as a USA citizen have right to those BLM lands. I can walk on them and enjoy them, but if I use them for grazing I pay taxes which are given both to the state the taxes come from and then to environmental mitigation. As a wildlife biologist, recreation activist, law-abiding rancher's grandson, and a man with a bear tag this season in Montana, I can understand this, 'I want to protect my ability to have guns' mindset. The issue, what cause this matter, however, is that Cliven needs to pay taxes, settle down, and understand that BLM lands belong to everyone and not just him. I'd rather have had the feds bust in, explain the law, and arrest Cliven Bundy right up for having avoided paying those taxes and by doing so, has essentially damaged federal and public land. This man is a criminal being protected by people that want to use him for an agenda that is not linked to the core issue: respecting not this overarching term of 'feds' but respecting natural resource law and policy, respecting other American's rights to the land, and respecting the responsibilities we have to federal land use so, in the words of Theodore Roosevelt: "I recognize the right and duty of this generation to develop and use the natural resources of our land; but I do not recognize the right to waste them, or to rob, by wasteful use, the generations that come after us."

If Cliven were to pay his fees, stop grazing illegally, and sit back, i'd be fine with the man. Till then, he's on my s**t list. Not to mention this is just another example of how multiple agendas grasp onto an event to try and make it their own. I'm sure you got a lot of Sagebrush Rebellion members with you down there.
Would you prefer a Chinese government owned company own the land? I'd prefer non-gmo fed free range cattle. But I digress.

Theodore Roosevelt: "I recognize the right and duty of this generation to develop and use the natural resources of our land; but I do not recognize the right to waste them, or to rob, by wasteful use, the generations that come after us."

Bundy Is using this land for gainful cause to promote our way of life. Would you be up in arms against a person that would create an organic food forest there?
So you wouldn't support the governments right to sell its property to whoever it likes(remember that thing called trade, which I thought the right-wing was so for) but you would support someone basically stealing federal property and claiming it as their own even after they're consistently told to ******** off their property? Oh he uses the land? Yeah that's why he should pay the fee, it's not his land! How would you feel if you went on vacation and I decided to squat in your house? Hey I'm using it for what it's made for! Oh you come back and tell me to leave and I said no? Annoyed yet? But hey it's cool, your garage is home to my startup company, I'm actually creating something. Then you at least are going to demand some damn rent money if I'm going to be staying there right? Nah, I'm cool, do you even exist? Squatters rights, get used to it.

Btw, as I said in an earlier post, that deal with the Chinese energy company has been called off for months. At best Bundy is someone who just doesn't want to pay his fees. At worse he's trying for a land grab on land he's never owned.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
YahuShalum
Revolutionary Justice
YahuShalum
Nadine_Craft
Chibi Halo
Nadine_Craft
I had heard about the cattle being killed. Well I didn't really see any proof but a lot of news sourced claimed that 40 or so of his cattle were killed. I don't know where they got that information from though because it doesn't seem like there is any actual factual evidence to support that his cattle died.

Like I said he has that blog that either he or one of his kids is maintaining that was where those claims first surfaced according to something I read on the LA Times site. That's why I brought it up. Because for the age he is it seems a little strange he'd be very willing to go through the whole set up and update a blog deal. That's why I think his kids are running the thing under his name. Then again, not every senior out there is like my parents where any technology and internet explaining goes right over their heads.

That's not good if they are doing that they would be lying to everybody. Ah great so Bundy probably didn't even lose any cattle. Which means one of his kids probably did take over his blog like you said. Well that sucks.
I've been involved with this situation and yes the feds did kill cattle. I actually have resources on the ground there and have been in communication. I'm part of the medical and luckily I didn't have to go... Yet.

(Also for you libtards as medical I would help everyone including feds from the government you bow to. I would be medical first but I'd also be armed for self-defense. Really domestic terrorist of me right?)
Al-Qaeda believe this of themselves too, that doesn't really answer the question.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
YahuShalum
Nyadriel
Omnileech
And on top of all the crazy the guy is a racist, pro-slavery kinda guy. Why am I not surprised?

Saw comments he was making on the news yesterday as they reported that all his supporters suddenly started to abandon him. I don't like his angry out-of-date backwater attitude either.
Picking cotton is one thing - but it is a job where one gets paid. Guess he doesn't wanna have them paid for doing it.
Problem is you look to the "News" for truth. They are a propaganda tool now and legally at that. Truth
Lol this guy goes on forever about how they're spreading lies and whatnot when clips I've seen from news outlets show the same exact dialogue with the added bonus that there's video of him. What this guy thinks is appalling. Who in their right mind thinks slavery was better for black people. A better family life? Seriously? Yeah your family is sold off to different people, your wife and daughters get raped by your owner, you are humiliated in everyday life in front of your kids, etc, etc. I know many people who live in government housing, most of them are my coworkers(people who actually have jobs), I don't think a single one of them is ever thinking to themselves "damn, if only we could go back to the days of being slaves."

Thinking back fondly on the days of slavery is not a position white people who aren't racist have. I mean really how stupid could you be? You weren't even considered human back then and the only job you could have is picking cotton. Now that they've been free they can vote, they can become educated(something slaveowners wouldn't allow), they can grow up to be doctors, lawyers, CEO's, even President. But no, black people had it better under slavery when we forced them to do our work we didn't want to do for free and to be subservient.
Revolutionary Justice
YahuShalum
Nadine_Craft
Chibi Halo
Nadine_Craft

CHe Guervara was a homicidal little ******** that enjoyed killing and would kill anyone he was told to.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
YahuShalum
Nyadriel
Omnileech

Doesn't stop me from looking for truth, now does it.

On another note: this morning the news reports that he says he was taken out of context. I still would like to know where these "opportunities" are for those who are living within the inner cities. What? Load em all up an a bus and ship em to the fields? What kind of opportunity does that even provide where decent education and decent opportunities for good-paying jobs are concerned? Talk is all talk.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Revolutionary Justice
YahuShalum
Nadine_Craft
Chibi Halo
Nadine_Craft

CHe Guervara was a homicidal little ******** that enjoyed killing and would kill anyone he was told to.
So...terrorist?
Revolutionary Justice
Old Blue Collar Joe
Revolutionary Justice
YahuShalum
Nadine_Craft

So...terrorist?

Nope. Homicidal maniac. And we have many on the left (Reid's s**t eating self comes to mind) who refuse to use the 'T' word for anyone but an American.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Revolutionary Justice
Old Blue Collar Joe
Revolutionary Justice
YahuShalum
Nadine_Craft

So...terrorist?

Nope. Homicidal maniac. And we have many on the left (Reid's s**t eating self comes to mind) who refuse to use the 'T' word for anyone but an American.
Haha, say, why don't you respond to my comment towards you on page 6? The first comment I made in this thread. You know, the one I made towards you that actually has substance in it and not the snarky comment I made towards someone else? Is it because you know your position is ridiculous?

The crazy part in all this is in America people get shot and killed because a spoon looks like a knife to a cop, or a hose nozzle looks like a gun to a cop, but when people actually are pointing guns at armed agents of the state and other state employees and threatening to shoot they don't receive a hail of bullets!

Perfect Husband

YahuShalum
pinchot

-facepalm- The land is owned JOINTLY by the country. Every citizen has right to it. You don't just buy it and do whatever you want. The government seldom hands over lands easily which is why a lot of natural resource extraction companies from other countries do not even touch American land. Even if someone did try they'd at least have to preform all the requirements of the ESA (Endangered Species Act) and NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act) to even attempt to buy and use the land. Those two acts prevent degrading of public lands for those making a purchase which, due to the complexity of completing them and the ability for the PUBLIC to FIGHT through LITIGATION (which is free mind you and written directly into the law) against your huge fear of the Chinese and other companies, they seldom get their way when the public fights lawfully through the ways we've set up in the past. Jesus ******** Christ, pick up a law book before you pick up a gun.

That said, you are making a claim of things that are ridiculous. Chinese groups go for feedlots which are not allowed on BLM land are these days never make it past creating an ESA (environmental impact statement). They buy private land, not public. Look at California for that issue. If that land WAS NOT owned by the Federal Government than you'd bet your bottom dollar that someone (like your feared Chinese) would buy it for feedlots as the ESAs are weaker among private land issues.

"Gainfully", aka: I am going to rob American and Nevada citizens of their public lands for my own personal gain. What do you mean "our way of life" if you're talking about the cattle rancher life, he's only doing us harm by being such a lawless jerk. Ranchers are disliked as it is these days, we don't need Cliven making the whole media assuming ranchers are like him. Honestly, what he's doing is only going to make the government need to dig their heels harder into our groins. If you want to promote the 'country life' that you've fallen in love with, don't stand by Bundy.

Your last assumption is a bite at calling me some sort of hippy. Wow. Once again, those hippy-dippy "organic" lots would have to go through the same process anyone else would to make use of BLM lands. They'd probably at least pay their taxes for borrowing grazing rights.

Once again, go rent a Natural Resource Law and Policy book and read that before complaining about government land rights.
Revolutionary Justice
YahuShalum
Revolutionary Justice
YahuShalum
Nadine_Craft

Al-Qaeda believe this of themselves too, that doesn't really answer the question.
Al-CiaDA was invented by the us government to combat russia during their invasion of afganistan. Bin Laden was CIA.

Omnipresent Warlord

David2074
Omnileech

Yeah, I read those comments today and they were so backwards it was hard to believe he really said that. Except he apparently did and AFAIK is not even apologetic about it because in his mind he didn't say anything wrong.

I kind of laughed at him railing on folks that (he thinks) take government handouts while he uses government land for free.

That's sugar-coating it. He's railing on people for people on welfare while stealing from the government and committing crimes and that's so much worse.

Man-Hungry Baby

He refused to pay his grazing fees. For years! He is an insurgent who doesn't recognize the federal gov't. Ever hear of Shays Rebellion? The Whiskey Rebellion? He is, by definition, a traitor, not a patriot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff