Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

The ironic part in all of this is that while Bundy is going around being all State's Rights and "I don't believe there's a United States Government" he's not even waving the state flag of Nevada around at all. What's he proudly displaying for the world to see while atop his high horse? The flag of the federal government he so proudly says he doesn't believe exists. So on some level he recognizes the federal government and totally ignores Nevada. emotion_facepalm

Nadine_Craft
Chibi Halo
Nadine_Craft
I had heard about the cattle being killed. Well I didn't really see any proof but a lot of news sourced claimed that 40 or so of his cattle were killed. I don't know where they got that information from though because it doesn't seem like there is any actual factual evidence to support that his cattle died.

Like I said he has that blog that either he or one of his kids is maintaining that was where those claims first surfaced according to something I read on the LA Times site. That's why I brought it up. Because for the age he is it seems a little strange he'd be very willing to go through the whole set up and update a blog deal. That's why I think his kids are running the thing under his name. Then again, not every senior out there is like my parents where any technology and internet explaining goes right over their heads.

That's not good if they are doing that they would be lying to everybody. Ah great so Bundy probably didn't even lose any cattle. Which means one of his kids probably did take over his blog like you said. Well that sucks.
I've been involved with this situation and yes the feds did kill cattle. I actually have resources on the ground there and have been in communication. I'm part of the medical and luckily I didn't have to go... Yet.

(Also for you libtards as medical I would help everyone including feds from the government you bow to. I would be medical first but I'd also be armed for self-defense. Really domestic terrorist of me right?)

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
The entire concept of Bundy's resistance to a permit which he had paid before he subscribed to the morally and intellectually bankrupt sovereign citizen ideology is retarded. Everyone who agrees with Bundy is foolish. Bundy should be in jail - he has spent twenty years fighting to avoid paying a dollar per cow per month for grazing rights. He owes a million dollars in back fees and fines. He is willing to see blood shed over that money, for the sake of his business. He is a bad, bad, greedy, stupid man.
Great article on this subject:

Quote:
There is great danger in indulging these people. There is great danger in acting like this guy has any sort of argument or that we should listen to Both Sides and keep an open mind. I didn't see Patriots rallying to keep borrowers from being railroaded out of their homes by an auto-penned foreclosure notices, not to mention their silence on thousands of other instances of unpopular or unfair laws being enforced. The government has put itself at risk by backing down and setting a precedent – if enough gun-toting lunatics show up, they'll back down. It's terrible. This guy is so, so far away from having any sort of relevant or valid argument to support his position that a zero-tolerance response is the best strategy. When this came up in my class, for the only time I can recall in 10 years of teaching I absolutely shut somebody down for expressing an opinion. "No, actually we don't get to decide which laws we follow or what authority the government has over us" was harsher than things I usually say in front of students, but I feel like people who support this guy need to be told unequivocally how ludicrous this line of logic truly is.

It's a sad day, despite it being obvious why the media would benefit from covering this, when a bunch of assholes spouting "sovereign citizen" gibberish and pointing guns at public officials get treated like a group of people whose ideas deserve to be heard and given due consideration.

(link)

Feral Nymph

azulmagia
Great article on this subject:

Quote:
There is great danger in indulging these people. There is great danger in acting like this guy has any sort of argument or that we should listen to Both Sides and keep an open mind. I didn't see Patriots rallying to keep borrowers from being railroaded out of their homes by an auto-penned foreclosure notices, not to mention their silence on thousands of other instances of unpopular or unfair laws being enforced. The government has put itself at risk by backing down and setting a precedent – if enough gun-toting lunatics show up, they'll back down. It's terrible. This guy is so, so far away from having any sort of relevant or valid argument to support his position that a zero-tolerance response is the best strategy. When this came up in my class, for the only time I can recall in 10 years of teaching I absolutely shut somebody down for expressing an opinion. "No, actually we don't get to decide which laws we follow or what authority the government has over us" was harsher than things I usually say in front of students, but I feel like people who support this guy need to be told unequivocally how ludicrous this line of logic truly is.

It's a sad day, despite it being obvious why the media would benefit from covering this, when a bunch of assholes spouting "sovereign citizen" gibberish and pointing guns at public officials get treated like a group of people whose ideas deserve to be heard and given due consideration.

(link)

Certainly better then the OP's 'article'.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Chibi Halo
          The ironic part in all of this is that while Bundy is going around being all State's Rights and "I don't believe there's a United States Government" he's not even waving the state flag of Nevada around at all. What's he proudly displaying for the world to see while atop his high horse? The flag of the federal government he so proudly says he doesn't believe exists. So on some level he recognizes the federal government and totally ignores Nevada. emotion_facepalm

Like many of his ilk, they will only reconize the country when it does not interfear with their I'll take all I want and screw everyone else BS.

Man don't want to pay his fees, then he should stay on his property.

Time-traveling Senshi

OtakuJeannie
Chibi Halo

Like many of his ilk, they will only reconize the country when it does not interfear with their I'll take all I want and screw everyone else BS.

Man don't want to pay his fees, then he should stay on his property.

They just don't get it that the flag they're flying is flag of the government they hate upon. I don't mind people who question whether or not a decision by the government is the wrong one. What I do mind is people who call the government evil and anyone who respects it some version of retard. Because you can not like decisions by the government and still respect that it has the final authority.

Perfect Husband

Alright, not a smart move on the feds to be so violent with toting their guns around during the confrontation. Since you're someone who is apparently there, all i care about is this: is Cliven's cattle off the god damn public lands? I, as a USA citizen have right to those BLM lands. I can walk on them and enjoy them, but if I use them for grazing I pay taxes which are given both to the state the taxes come from and then to environmental mitigation. As a wildlife biologist, recreation activist, law-abiding rancher's grandson, and a man with a bear tag this season in Montana, I can understand this, 'I want to protect my ability to have guns' mindset. The issue, what cause this matter, however, is that Cliven needs to pay taxes, settle down, and understand that BLM lands belong to everyone and not just him. I'd rather have had the feds bust in, explain the law, and arrest Cliven Bundy right up for having avoided paying those taxes and by doing so, has essentially damaged federal and public land. This man is a criminal being protected by people that want to use him for an agenda that is not linked to the core issue: respecting not this overarching term of 'feds' but respecting natural resource law and policy, respecting other American's rights to the land, and respecting the responsibilities we have to federal land use so, in the words of Theodore Roosevelt: "I recognize the right and duty of this generation to develop and use the natural resources of our land; but I do not recognize the right to waste them, or to rob, by wasteful use, the generations that come after us."

If Cliven were to pay his fees, stop grazing illegally, and sit back, i'd be fine with the man. Till then, he's on my s**t list. Not to mention this is just another example of how multiple agendas grasp onto an event to try and make it their own. I'm sure you got a lot of Sagebrush Rebellion members with you down there.

Omnipresent Warlord

And on top of all the crazy the guy is a racist, pro-slavery kinda guy. Why am I not surprised?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Omnileech
And on top of all the crazy the guy is a racist, pro-slavery kinda guy. Why am I not surprised?

Saw comments he was making on the news yesterday as they reported that all his supporters suddenly started to abandon him. I don't like his angry out-of-date backwater attitude either.
Picking cotton is one thing - but it is a job where one gets paid. Guess he doesn't wanna have them paid for doing it.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Omnileech

Yeah, I read those comments today and they were so backwards it was hard to believe he really said that. Except he apparently did and AFAIK is not even apologetic about it because in his mind he didn't say anything wrong.

I kind of laughed at him railing on folks that (he thinks) take government handouts while he uses government land for free.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Lord Elwrind
Wait... killed 1000 whats? Turtles? Or am I misinterpreting?

WHAT?!

This whole article is confusing me.

its got a lot of bullshit phrasing in it.
The supposedly endangered desert tortoise, however, has had 1000 of their number killed by the feds to control their numbers.
The cattle that everyone is howling about? Guess what the desert tortoise eats? Yep. Cow s**t. So...the cattle are actually beneficial to them.
However, Reid's son is in cahoots with a chinese energy company, and if they can run Bundy off, the Reid clan stands to make millions again.
This is the same Reid currently being investigated for NOT disclosing a property sale and walking out the door tripling his money because he exerted pull to change zoning.
This is nothing to do with environmental protection. And remember this: Reid has also called all those that showed up to help Bundy against strong arm tactics a 'domestic terrorist'. The only domestic terrorist I see is the political whore that he is.
The deal that would have been was actually cancelled at least a month before all this happened. So yeah there's that point that's really bullshit. There's also the fact that whether the motivation was corrupt politics on Reid's part(which would be weird, again, considering the deal with the company was called off before this) or not, this guy has been grazing his cattle on federal property(that they've owned for more than a hundred years, the Feds having this property isn't new, it's not his family's property) for decades even after he took them to court more than a decade ago and lost.

He talks about ancestral rights when the ranch was bought in '54. He wasn't even born in Nevada, he was born in Arizona and moved to Nevada when he was two. He was told in '98 in court stop grazing here on our property illegally or you forfeit your cows and we'll sell them to cover your fees(again, it's hard to say this is some conspiracy on Reid's part when this has been going on for decades) and he was given a final warning in 2013 and didn't abide by it.

Bundy and his friends pointed guns at people while putting women and children on the front lines to get mowed down in front of the whole world as a good PR stunt, they're cowards. That's the type of s**t people like Hamas supposedly do.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
YahuShalum
Nadine_Craft
Chibi Halo
Nadine_Craft
I had heard about the cattle being killed. Well I didn't really see any proof but a lot of news sourced claimed that 40 or so of his cattle were killed. I don't know where they got that information from though because it doesn't seem like there is any actual factual evidence to support that his cattle died.

Like I said he has that blog that either he or one of his kids is maintaining that was where those claims first surfaced according to something I read on the LA Times site. That's why I brought it up. Because for the age he is it seems a little strange he'd be very willing to go through the whole set up and update a blog deal. That's why I think his kids are running the thing under his name. Then again, not every senior out there is like my parents where any technology and internet explaining goes right over their heads.

That's not good if they are doing that they would be lying to everybody. Ah great so Bundy probably didn't even lose any cattle. Which means one of his kids probably did take over his blog like you said. Well that sucks.
I've been involved with this situation and yes the feds did kill cattle. I actually have resources on the ground there and have been in communication. I'm part of the medical and luckily I didn't have to go... Yet.

(Also for you libtards as medical I would help everyone including feds from the government you bow to. I would be medical first but I'd also be armed for self-defense. Really domestic terrorist of me right?)
Che Guevara was a medic with a gun, what do you think of him? Terrorist? Hero?
David2074
Omnileech

Yeah, I read those comments today and they were so backwards it was hard to believe he really said that. Except he apparently did and AFAIK is not even apologetic about it because in his mind he didn't say anything wrong.

I kind of laughed at him railing on folks that (he thinks) take government handouts while he uses government land for free.

Huge racist there. lol You people need to stop with the mainstream propaganda tool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff