Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
An AMBER Alert is currently in effect in multiple states after a little boy was reportedly kidnapped by two masked men. CBS News reports that five-year-old Kenneth White was reported missing by his 19-year-old babysitter, who claims that she was held down by the men who took the child, but very few other details are available other than the fact that the babysitter is the daughter of the missing boy’s legal guardian.

The child’s parents reportedly do not have custody of him. His mother lives in Amsterdam and his father lives in Massachusetts. Reports aren’t indicating whether the child’s current guardians are family members or foster parents. The details of the abduction, as vague as they are, indicate that two males entered the home wearing black clothing and ski masks. One of the intruders was white, but reports aren’t indicating whether both of them were or not. Eyewitness News 3 reports that police aren’t sure of a possible motive in this alleged abduction, but a custody dispute could be behind it. Since both parents do not have custody of the boy, it’s a logical conclusion to investigate a possible custody motive for his kidnapping. Currently, the AMBER Alert is in effect for New York, Vermont, and Massachusetts.

It’s also being reported that two other children were in the home when Kenneth White was abducted. Both children are under the age of five and were reportedly not harmed or targeted in Thursday’s alleged kidnapping. Police in three states are seeking only the one child. Kenneth is described white, with brown hair and brown eyes. He stands at around 3’5″ and is 45 to 50 lbs. When he was reportedly kidnapped, he was last seen wearing denim jeans and a white short sleeved shirt.

The National Center For Missing & Exploited Children notes that stereotypical child abduction is incredibly rare. In most cases, children are abducted by their own family members, usually over custodial issues. In the rare cases of stranger abduction, the child victims are ordinarily killed, held overnight, or kept with the intent to have permanently. Fortunately for the victims of kidnappings, the AMBER Alert program has rescued over 700 children.

The search for Kenneth White has continued throughout the afternoon with little success, but his case is garnering national attention through social media and mainstream media reporting. People in more than three states are on the lookout for the child and two possible suspects, even though the AMBER Alert is only active in the three states. The clock is ticking for the child to be found safely if this disappearance is the result of a stranger abduction. If the child has been kidnapped as a result of custodial issues between his parents and his legal guardian, it’s only a matter of time before authorities get to the bottom of it.

Legal gaurdian?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
The sitter has been charged with murdering him by strangulation.
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Sheriff-Person-of-interest-in-death-of-5968099.php
Poor child. I hope he is found.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lady Kariel
He was found - dead and buried in the snow, and the sitter was charged with his murder.
Ratttking
Lady Kariel
He was found - dead and buried in the snow, and the sitter was charged with his murder.

Was he found near the house? And what proof did they have that the sitter did it?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lady Kariel
Ratttking
Lady Kariel

Was he found near the house? And what proof did they have that the sitter did it?
Yes, he was found near the trailer he lived in - which has since been condemned as an unsafe living environment. They do not have proof yet, but her nonsensical story fell apart quickly when she was questioned by the police. You can read the link I posted above for more info.
Ratttking
Lady Kariel
Ratttking
Lady Kariel

Yes, he was found near the trailer he lived in - which has since been condemned as an unsafe living environment. They do not have proof yet, but her nonsensical story fell apart quickly when she was questioned by the police. You can read the link I posted above for more info.

Wow ok. Will check it.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Been following this story since it started being reported here in Conn. I could not perceive of the idea that two black guys wearing masks would do such a thing. Could not come up with any possible explanations why. I did not know who told that story to police til last night when they said she was arrested and why. Now I am thinking "was this deliberate? Or an accident from one of those stupid burn-yourself things? "
The whole story seemed fishy to me. OP, please post an update since the boy is not missing anymore.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Chicken Zombie
The whole story seemed fishy to me. OP, please post an update since the boy is not missing anymore.
Ratta Already did. She got it with the second post.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
xdivision_whitey
Chicken Zombie
Ratta Already did. She got it with the second post.
People who have me blocked cannot see my posts. May I suggest as an update you post "OMG, she killed Kenny!!!!!! YOU b*****d!!!!!"

sorry, couldn't help myself

Blessed Prophet

Ratttking
The sitter has been charged with murdering him by strangulation.
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Sheriff-Person-of-interest-in-death-of-5968099.php

That was my first thought when I read this article actually.

Adorable Fisher

I knew it. I was watching Dr Phil when the Amber Alert came on my TV about a boy having been abducted in a county pretty close to mine, and immediately when they said, "two masked intruders held her down and took him" I was like, "the b***h killed him and is trying to cover it up, ask the two other children what happened!" and look. The b***h ******** killed him. Poor, poor kid. I hope the b***h gets what she deserves.

Wintry Dragon

So sad. sad
This happened in my town and it's so sad. She is bipolar and people are wondering if she had an episode if she was off her meds.

Also, this is sort of off topic but why is this getting more attention than the quadruple homicide we had a few months ago where an entire family with two young children was killed? It's odd to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff