Welcome to Gaia! ::

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Vedetta Fiore
MiameMiame
Surprises me that that kid wasn't bitten by some nasty pitbull, rotweiler dog. Ugh nasty animals. RIP to the family though. Never let a young baby come near by a dog. Animal instincts and all that.

Miss, have you owned a pit bull or Rottweiler? If not, please don't be ignorant. That's all I ask. Those dogs are not "nasty animals" they are dogs, like any other dog, and can be as gentle or as aggressive as any other breed of dog. Unless you do not like dogs in general, but either way saying "nasty animals" is just plain mean. I don't like cats but wouldn't call them nasty and would still rescue one, if I needed to.

But in response to the article, I am very upset for the family and sorry it happened. Though, I believe if the dog had a history of biting, despite causing bleeding or not in the last incident, the dog should have been crated or put in a separate room while the baby was going to be in reach of the dog. I plan on having a child sometime soon and though I trust my fur-babies, I know that one of my puppies is very jealous of me and may cause a problem when holding my future child. Knowing that, I know to make sure he will be in his crate or behind a baby gate in another room while my child is out. But before being too drastic, I will see how he does while bringing the child home, on a leash to prevent any incidents from occurring. It just unfortunate that they didn't think anything of it. sad

It's really key to be able to read your dogs.
that poster hates dogs in general. i blocked them so i wouldn't have to read their vicious and stupid comments about them. it's a regular thing for them.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
MemoriesOfGreen
Wait... they're testing it for rabies? Does this mean that the dog owner hadn't had the dog up to date on its shots? So basically he had a hunting dog that he took out in the woods with wild animals that carry various diseases and he didn't have it vaccinated?

I think it's pretty standard to test a dog for rabbies after it has attacked or killed a person. Just to rule it out.
Dogs are carnivorous predators. That being said you have to, HAVE to train in right.

Proper training, socializing and what not. Especially a hunting dog. As the owner it is his responsibility to make sure the dog knows when to go into prey drive, and when ti be a family pet.

My mom made sure my dog was properly introduced to me when i was born, we were inseparable until he passed.

Point is,proper training and socialization goes a long way.

Shame a baby had to die though.
That's really sad, ugh poor child.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Malee
MemoriesOfGreen
Wait... they're testing it for rabies? Does this mean that the dog owner hadn't had the dog up to date on its shots? So basically he had a hunting dog that he took out in the woods with wild animals that carry various diseases and he didn't have it vaccinated?

I think it's pretty standard to test a dog for rabbies after it has attacked or killed a person. Just to rule it out.
no, it is standard to quarantine the dog for several weeks to see if it shows signs of the disease. the only way to test for rabies is via post-mortem examination of the brain.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
do it for science
Pnyuu
MiameMiame
Surprises me that that kid wasn't bitten by some nasty pitbull, rotweiler dog. Ugh nasty animals. RIP to the family though. Never let a young baby come near by a dog. Animal instincts and all that.

inb4 pitbull supporters
They drive me nuts.

- Girl posts picture of door hinge chewed off in CB by her nanny dog pitbull -

"Awww, he missed me, guys! Look!"

Not lying.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now that bit out of the way, The person you are talking about was bit by a dog when they were a child and has grown a nasty phobia and irrational hatred of every dog. I however know that dogs can be bad, and dogs can be good. I don't judge them based on breed, I judge on temperament. I have known labs to charge and try to attack, and I have known a pit bull who was so gentle the she NEVER bit hard, not even her toys. I blame people, not the animal, the animal is an animal. Nothing more nothing less.
Its like judging a bear for mauling someone. Or a idiot who keeps panthers or wild animals and gets killed by them. I wish we didn't kill those animals.... tch.
I really do love dogs, but this one should be dead, or locked up... Cause that's horrible.

Ice-Cold Wolf

Muzzles aren't just for pit-bulls.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas