Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Fightin Robot
Pessimist
Loyal Assassin Jafar
Valiant Corvus
Feminist double standard, we meet again.

This has very little to do with feminism and more to do with a confused justice system.

But everyone here will make it about feminism anyways

It isn't necessarily directly related to feminism but you're hardly gonna see any feminists demanding the woman gets charged for her crimes. It wouldn't be the first time they're silent on female-on-male sexual crimes.

If they're silent on this and don't demand justice for him then they aren't true feminists.

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Daisuke Wolf
Nobody Famous
Mei tsuki7
zweet_dreamz
I'm sorry, but does anyone sees the logic here?
The boy was 14, and the woman was 20.
He being punished for being taken advantage of, and living for 8 years of his life without knowing that he has a kid.
Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Shouldn't they arrest this woman for statutory rape?
How could she even have the audacity to file for child support, when she took advantage of a child herself?

I'm assuming there's a statute of limitations.

Maybe, but it still needs to be taken into account as far as child support goes. He was a minor when the child was conceived and went for the better part of 6 years without even knowing of the kid's existence, now the one who took advantage of him is getting child support for a child whose life he had not been involved with? Especially since she was his teacher who used her station and authority to take advantage of him.

This is, of course, dependent on the position that he was a victim here. I'm willing to believe it, but I've seen some pretty devious 14 year olds and thus do have my doubts in any story.

Every person who is under the age of, in the United States, 18 and has sex with a person over the age of 18 is deemed to be a victim of statutory rape. The minors willingness to have sex is not taken into account and it is generally assumed that the adult used their authority in order to pressure them into sex. So even if he was the one that initiated sex he is still considered the victim.

witch is kind of a double edge sword, theres a lot of underage girls in this country that look like their older then they are and lie about their age

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Well, I hope he gets a lawyer that is willing to work for free if he cannot afford one. I don't think she deserves a penny from him. I would be under another opinion if he wasn't only 14 at the time and he had known he had a daughter. But not even being told that his child existed? She stole 6 years of his daughters life from him. She should be paying him. This from a female.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mystian Princess
Holidazed
Mystian Princess
Holidazed
Chahklet
The same thing happened to my child's father with another woman. Well, at least he claims so. But the child end up not being his. My question is how can he pay child support when he isn't legally old enough to work. Well, at least in my state. Maybe they are only following protocol. Everything else has to be worked out in court.

Well hes 24 now.

The maths doesn't add up right. If he became a father at 14 and the child in question is 6, wouldn't he be 20 years old. Also, if he became a father at 14 and didn't know for 8 years, wouldn't that him 22 years old and make the child in question 8 years old. So confusing. sweatdrop

hmmm
I never even thought about that.

The most likely would be that the last time he saw the 20 year old woman, he was 14 and already had his 15th birthday by the time the child is born 9 months later making him 22 years old going on to 23 (about 22 and three quarters old) and the child in question 6 going on to 7 (about 6 and a half years old), to make up an 8 year timeline.

That and they said the girl was 6 when this all started, not that she is currently 6.

Supportive Player

7,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
Silverlight Symphony
Mystian Princess
Holidazed
Mystian Princess
Holidazed
Chahklet
The same thing happened to my child's father with another woman. Well, at least he claims so. But the child end up not being his. My question is how can he pay child support when he isn't legally old enough to work. Well, at least in my state. Maybe they are only following protocol. Everything else has to be worked out in court.

Well hes 24 now.

The maths doesn't add up right. If he became a father at 14 and the child in question is 6, wouldn't he be 20 years old. Also, if he became a father at 14 and didn't know for 8 years, wouldn't that him 22 years old and make the child in question 8 years old. So confusing. sweatdrop

hmmm
I never even thought about that.

The most likely would be that the last time he saw the 20 year old woman, he was 14 and already had his 15th birthday by the time the child is born 9 months later making him 22 years old going on to 23 (about 22 and three quarters old) and the child in question 6 going on to 7 (about 6 and a half years old), to make up an 8 year timeline.

That and they said the girl was 6 when this all started, not that she is currently 6.

I'm not saying that she is 6, I'm just saying she was most likely 6 at the time going on to her 7th birthday. Reason I had to make a timeline that everything fits in and makes sense out of the information given. If he's 24 now, then the case must of been going on for about 2 years.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Mei tsuki7
zweet_dreamz
He being punished for being taken advantage of, and living for 8 years of his life without knowing that he has a kid.
How could she even have the audacity to file for child support, when she took advantage of a child herself?

http://www.ehow.com/info_7750374_statute-limitations-statutory-rape-arizona.html

No satute of limitations on rape, even in 2005, though the language was a bit less clear until 2006 when it was clarified, but still there was still no statute of limitations at that time so she should be arrested. She probably wont be because she's a woman and stupid government officials always seem to think it is in 'the best interest of the child' to be with his mother, so women with childre tend to get a lot lighter sentences then men for the same crimes. A sad reality in the United States.
xXFurygeistXx
There should be laws against rapists suing for custody and demanding child support from their victims. This is just sick. That poor kid. Let's victimized the victim more. ******** sick b***h should be in jail and she should have lost custody of any children she had. Child molesters like her should be sterilized and never be allowed to have or be near kids.

Agreed it is sickening.
Just a thought, has no on ever considered the Rapist could of been seeing other men at that time? ninja

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Owchy crying
Just a thought, has no on ever considered the Rapist could of been seeing other men at that time? ninja

Or other students. Once this 'kid' cycled out of her class, she would have found another victim the next school year and even might have had been around during the summer months between times.
Nyadriel
Owchy crying

Or other students. Once this 'kid' cycled out of her class, she would have found another victim the next school year and even might have had been around during the summer months between times.

Ick... So very true.. >< Didn't think of that.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Daisuke Wolf
Nobody Famous
Mei tsuki7
zweet_dreamz

Maybe, but it still needs to be taken into account as far as child support goes. He was a minor when the child was conceived and went for the better part of 6 years without even knowing of the kid's existence, now the one who took advantage of him is getting child support for a child whose life he had not been involved with? Especially since she was his teacher who used her station and authority to take advantage of him.

This is, of course, dependent on the position that he was a victim here. I'm willing to believe it, but I've seen some pretty devious 14 year olds and thus do have my doubts in any story.

Every person who is under the age of, in the United States, 18 and has sex with a person over the age of 18 is deemed to be a victim of statutory rape. The minors willingness to have sex is not taken into account and it is generally assumed that the adult used their authority in order to pressure them into sex. So even if he was the one that initiated sex he is still considered the victim.

The laws are not country wide. They usually vary by state.

There are states where a 40 year old man can have sex with a 15 year old girl without it being considered statutory rape... and the laws in most of those states say it is statutory rape if an 18 year old woman has sex with a 17 year old boy... while being 7 months apart in age and in the same grade.

The statue of limitations vary.

Rape and Statutory Rape are separate things in most states when it comes to minors. I am used to Statutory Rape applying when: The Victim/Minor is under one age, the Victim/Minor is over one age, and the Predator/Rapist is under a certain age. Usually something along the lines of a 17 year old, an 18 year old, and disapproving parents looking for ways to end the relationship. The sex was not rape but the parent or guardian did not consent to the sex -- this is a form of Statutory Rape in which both people could have even been the exact same age.

So many variations on these things.

Earlier on in this thread I had said the law during one year (I forget which year) in his state said there was a 7 year statue of limitations. This means the predator/rapist/mother probably knew this since she sought child support when her child was six years old ( that might put the conception at 7 years earlier).

About the part I bolded -
Source please?
1. Name one state where a 40 year old can legally have sex with a 15 year old.
All states have a minimum age of consent of at least 16 for having sex with 'older people'.
Many states have a younger than 16 consent law for sex with someone almost their age (varies by state) but that would not apply to sex with a 40 year old.

2. While it is true there are states where an 18 year old woman having sex with a 17 year old guy is illegal, the reverse would also be true. I don't know of any states where the age of consent is different between males and females. (But maybe you were not trying to say there is male / female discrepancy in the laws, only pointing out how close the ages can be.)

Statutory Rape — Criminal Offenses

I do agree it varies by state and there is not one easy catch all answer to age of consent.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Nyadriel
Owchy crying

Except that she was not his teacher, unless you have a reliable source proving so that no one else does. How many 20-year-olds do you know of that are teachers?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Owchy crying
Nyadriel
Owchy crying

Don't worry, she made that up from whole cloth. None of the articles I've read claim that she was his teacher, merely that he was a high school student at the time he had sex with her. Most 14-year-olds are high school students.
Ratttking
Owchy crying
Nyadriel
Owchy crying

Don't worry, she made that up from whole cloth. None of the articles I've read claim that she was his teacher, merely that he was a high school student at the time he had sex with her. Most 14-year-olds are high school students.

Yes your very right! "While in High school" is were I thought she was his teacher. Thank you so much for clarifying. 3nodding

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
David2074
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Daisuke Wolf
Nobody Famous
Mei tsuki7
zweet_dreamz

The laws are not country wide. They usually vary by state.

There are states where a 40 year old man can have sex with a 15 year old girl without it being considered statutory rape... and the laws in most of those states say it is statutory rape if an 18 year old woman has sex with a 17 year old boy... while being 7 months apart in age and in the same grade.

The statue of limitations vary.

Rape and Statutory Rape are separate things in most states when it comes to minors. I am used to Statutory Rape applying when: The Victim/Minor is under one age, the Victim/Minor is over one age, and the Predator/Rapist is under a certain age. Usually something along the lines of a 17 year old, an 18 year old, and disapproving parents looking for ways to end the relationship. The sex was not rape but the parent or guardian did not consent to the sex -- this is a form of Statutory Rape in which both people could have even been the exact same age.

So many variations on these things.

Earlier on in this thread I had said the law during one year (I forget which year) in his state said there was a 7 year statue of limitations. This means the predator/rapist/mother probably knew this since she sought child support when her child was six years old ( that might put the conception at 7 years earlier).

About the part I bolded -
Source please?
1. Name one state where a 40 year old can legally have sex with a 15 year old.
All states have a minimum age of consent of at least 16 for having sex with 'older people'.
Many states have a younger than 16 consent law for sex with someone almost their age (varies by state) but that would not apply to sex with a 40 year old.

2. While it is true there are states where an 18 year old woman having sex with a 17 year old guy is illegal, the reverse would also be true. I don't know of any states where the age of consent is different between males and females. (But maybe you were not trying to say there is male / female discrepancy in the laws, only pointing out how close the ages can be.)

Statutory Rape — Criminal Offenses

I do agree it varies by state and there is not one easy catch all answer to age of consent.

I know that Utah still has a mess of laws that allow some things. I think there are some laws people can abuse that apply all the way to 10 year olds by combining playing stupid about some things ( pretending you don't know their age or the laws) and having Parent's/Guardian's consent.

There are many states that have Consent Laws that allow the Parents to give Consent between a minor and an adult.

I forget which states exactly were having problems, but there were many along the East Coast... probably the Virginias, North Carolina, and Georgia, that were allowing men to marry children and teens because of laws relating to Consent by a Parent or Guardian. There were some type of Travelers that were mostly using this. But men from other states were traveling to these states to take advantage of these laws. There were many News stations and Documentaries that tried to cover this problem.

Remember that religion and culture can be used in your defense as well. Some Counties, Cities, and States will throw things out with Parent/Guardian consent and/or Religion/Culture as excuses. Some also allow for family to either consent (regardless of age f relative present) or be the person having sex with the minor (regardless of both s age).

I just woke up so I forget the States that have Male and Female ages set differently. I think New York was one of the places that Genders were different. Okay, my mom isn't helping me by bothering me and she has the heat on and set to the 80's for some reason. I think this is going to be a bad day for thinking.

It is possible that in the last three years a lot of these things have been changed in laws. But I know some of these laws were still different for different genders and different in cases of parent/guardian consent a few years ago. There also used to be different ways different things were all set up. "Consent" used to mean with a Parent or Guardian's approval. But some states changed that. Probably most or all states have changed it by now. Still worth stressing the ages were tiered with a lower age if a Parent or Guardian gave approval. Some states if a child married an adult, then the adult can have sex with them... regardless of both ages... ages weren't always set with that.

I am so hot and thirsty!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces