Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Married band teacher accused of having sex with 14-year-old student in school office asks for leniency because she's pregnant

excerpt:
Quote:
Bridgett Szychulski, 31, is accused of having sex 'at least' three times with a 14-year-old boy in 2012
-She was the band teacher for the Lenape Middle School in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, at the time
-She has been suspended from her current job and faces charges including involuntary deviate -sexual intercourse and aggravated indecent assault
-Her attorney has sought leniency for his client and told the judge that she is in the middle of a complicated pregnancy

Full article
Webpage Title

Quotable Prophet

emotion_facepalm

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
ah..no .. she committed the crime she pays the consequences .

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
Hell no! For two reasons: 1. You should have thought of that before you got preggers by a teenager at your school and 2. You can have a baby in jail like every female jailer before her. Maybe the baby will be adopted into a great family, win win.
Oh to be a fly on the wall in THAT courtroom. I mean, this takes some serious chutzpah to demand leniency for a crime on the basis of carrying around evidence of the crime. Here's to hoping her sentence is worse just for wasting the court's time on such a notion.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
It doesn't say that the child is the childs (she is still married) xd but yeah... so not cool. If anything, the should put her on house arrest if it truly is a complicated pregnancy and then make her do her full sentence after the birth. Its not the babies fault its mother was dumb and it does deserve to get the best care still. However, she still should have to pay the piper in the end.

Feral Nymph

Okay, let's get this out of the way before the inevitable tide of slack-jawed idiots comes in spewing the usual anti-feminist tripe.

*ah-hem* I am a feminist. The woman described in this story is a rapist. She belongs in jail for a long a** time. I don't give a ******** that she's pregnant. I don't give a ******** that she's married with children. She should have her current child taken away from her and be slapped on a sex offender registry for the rest of her miserable life. She definitely deserves the same bile we dish out for male rapists.

There. Have I fulfilled the quota?

Heroic Hero

You know what this means right? A gentleman's duel to determine who is more worthy of this... catch. A 14-year old kid or the grown man? Who has to pay child support? Tune in after the trial

Wintry Dragon

Quote:
involuntary deviate -sexual intercourse

I'm not exactly clear on what that means.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
A mali
Quote:

Apparently the 'deviate' part refers to oral or a**l sex, and the 'involuntary' part is because people aged 14 cannot give legal consent to have sex with a person over 18, no matter how much they wanted to have sex.

Wintry Dragon

Ratttking
A mali
Quote:

Apparently the 'deviate' part refers to oral or a**l sex, and the 'involuntary' part is because people aged 14 cannot give legal consent to have sex with a person over 18, no matter how much they wanted to have sex.
Thank you. It did seem archaic. I did find the 'involuntary' part inexplicable if it were applied to the teacher.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Pessimist
Okay, let's get this out of the way before the inevitable tide of slack-jawed idiots comes in spewing the usual anti-feminist tripe.

*ah-hem* I am a feminist. The woman described in this story is a rapist. She belongs in jail for a long a** time. I don't give a ******** that she's pregnant. I don't give a ******** that she's married with children. She should have her current child taken away from her and be slapped on a sex offender registry for the rest of her miserable life. She definitely deserves the same bile we dish out for male rapists.

I haven't noticed any anti feminist or slack jawed idiots.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Silverlight Symphony
It doesn't say that the child is the childs (she is still married) xd but yeah... so not cool. If anything, the should put her on house arrest if it truly is a complicated pregnancy and then make her do her full sentence after the birth. Its not the babies fault its mother was dumb and it does deserve to get the best care still. However, she still should have to pay the piper in the end.

I agree i actually think i would be in favor of delaying the sentence maybe, just so the baby got the best care it could.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Holidazed
Silverlight Symphony

I agree i actually think i would be in favor of delaying the sentence maybe, just so the baby got the best care it could.

Yes! Also instead of being adopted out like someone said, should go to the womans husband. If the encounters with the 14 yo happened 2 years ago there is no way it is his child.

Feral Nymph

Holidazed
Pessimist

I haven't noticed any anti feminist or slack jawed idiots.

It's a pretty solid bet that in this forum someone will appear and go "feminists won't want this woman to be charged because she's preggers' or some garbage to that effect. Someone did so the last time a story like this cropped up, and the story before that, and the story before that. I just beat them to the punch this go around.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff