10,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Alexander J Luthor
Old Blue Collar Joe
Super 9-Volt
Christianity strikes again. rolleyes

Private christian school. And this surprises people? They're either ******** booger eating stupid or attempting to push a political agenda/hunting for a lawsuit.
******** that s**t. No one should be surprised by this.

Wait, is it a Christian school? I thought that was just the program. Gah...

On a side topic, why is it Christians can't ever actually deal with s**t? This "sweeping everything under the rug" because once that rug is full, people usually get violent.

Why do people feel the need to group all of us christians together as if we are all ignorant, homophobe, "girls wear dresses and guys wear pants", retards? A lot of us are in fact, suprise suprise, intelligent people. Sorry if I sound overly offended but this is a pet peeve of mine.(Implying everyone in a group acts the same whether it be Christians, Muslims, Atheists, gays, animal rights activist, or any other group of anything.)

Wealthy Hoarder

What is it with people going...

Boys should wear what boys wear and girls should wear what girls wear.

Excuse me, as woman you can't pay me enough to get in a dress.

I've seen men IN WALMART wearing dresses and skirts for crying out loud because its "more comfortable."

There is a guy in my church that wears a kilt every so often. When he wears his, his son has to wear one.

What's the difference here?

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
BlackRose_Jefe

where did i say anything about "accepting social norms?" i said to go along with it to make things easier on the one who goes against. never said it was wrong to do that either. it sucks to limit yourself, but sometimes its just the best thing to do. again, this is my opinion, so whatever.

Fine, but I think that does nothing to solve the real issue which is breaking down some of the more ridiculous gender roles/barriers/etc that we have.

Quote:
a boy wearing a dress doesnt really do any harm except that it wasnt just any old dress. it was a PRINCESS dress. when i hear princess dress, i think frills and just blech! im not a dress type of girl, so maybe i missed something. either way, it may cause the boy to be picked on or not played with. or maybe hes fine. idk. maybe the mother just needs to stop being a baby an just take her kid somewhere else. its a religious run after school thing if i remember correctly. wtf did she think was gonna happen? that her ******** kid wouldnt get noticed? lmao. yeah, ok.

Now one thing I did overlook when I first read the article was the fact that it was labeled a princess dress. I remember when I went to Catholic school and everyone had blue and white uniforms. I don't know what this school program has for a uniform, but I'm pretty sure princess costumes are not allowed, so on that, I believe the school was not in the wrong. (Still, I have to wonder why it took several months for the school to address it.) But we all know had he worn the girl's standard uniform there would still be an issue. So my question still stands: what is the issue folks have with a boy wearing a dress? Yeah he may be picked on but so would the kid in glasses or the one with braces. (I was picked on A LOT for wearing classes.) Kids can be cruel, but it's our job as adults to step in and not tolerate this sort of bullying.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Interitum
Super 9-Volt

Realy? You're going to group the entire religion together? I'm christian but I don't care what he wears. It's his right to wear it imo.
Yes I'm going to group the entire religion together because they never disappoint me with their stupid crap like this article.

Malevolent Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Super 9-Volt
Interitum
Super 9-Volt

Realy? You're going to group the entire religion together? I'm christian but I don't care what he wears. It's his right to wear it imo.
Yes I'm going to group the entire religion together because they never disappoint me with their stupid crap like this article.

Well I guess that makes you just as(possibly more) ignorant as those complaining about the child wearing his favorite clothes doesn't it.

Goodness gracious I thought morons like this were disappearing, guess I was wrong.

Lonely Browser

SparkyKid3000
BlackRose_Jefe

where did i say anything about "accepting social norms?" i said to go along with it to make things easier on the one who goes against. never said it was wrong to do that either. it sucks to limit yourself, but sometimes its just the best thing to do. again, this is my opinion, so whatever.

Fine, but I think that does nothing to solve the real issue which is breaking down some of the more ridiculous gender roles/barriers/etc that we have.

Quote:
a boy wearing a dress doesnt really do any harm except that it wasnt just any old dress. it was a PRINCESS dress. when i hear princess dress, i think frills and just blech! im not a dress type of girl, so maybe i missed something. either way, it may cause the boy to be picked on or not played with. or maybe hes fine. idk. maybe the mother just needs to stop being a baby an just take her kid somewhere else. its a religious run after school thing if i remember correctly. wtf did she think was gonna happen? that her ******** kid wouldnt get noticed? lmao. yeah, ok.

Now one thing I did overlook when I first read the article was the fact that it was labeled a princess dress. I remember when I went to Catholic school and everyone had blue and white uniforms. I don't know what this school program has for a uniform, but I'm pretty sure princess costumes are not allowed, so on that, I believe the school was not in the wrong. (Still, I have to wonder why it took several months for the school to address it.) But we all know had he worn the girl's standard uniform there would still be an issue. So my question still stands: what is the issue folks have with a boy wearing a dress? Yeah he may be picked on but so would the kid in glasses or the one with braces. (I was picked on A LOT for wearing classes.) Kids can be cruel, but it's our job as adults to step in and not tolerate this sort of bullying.

i wonder if there really is a way to fix that? i mean, clothing wise, everybody wears pants and t-shirts. and if a boy wants to wear a dress, then so be it. as long as it goes along with guidelines or rules that are in place of wherever they are. actually the only way to solve the issue is probably to have everybody on board, but that will never happen. maybe eventually.

idk why it took them so long. maybe the school was ok with it a couple times and then it became an everyday thing? i agree that if he had the uniform on it would still be an issue. although, i dont see why it should matter at all as long as its what the school issued. the only answer i can offer to your question is because boys are viewed a certain way and maybe theres concerns he wont grow out of it. i know being picked on can happen to anybody. i got picked on for not wearing name brand clothes and for something i have no control over. i completely agree with your last sentence. but some adults feel its better to remove the "problem" then to try and address it. maybe they feel its not their place? maybe they really have no explanation (or a at least a good one.)
BlackRose_Jefe
*Snip* Whiny blah blah blah it's my opinion blah blah blah nonsense *snip*

Guess who'd say the exact same thing?

Folks back in the day saying that girls wearing trousers is unacceptable.

Folks against mixed race marriages.

Folks against girls and boys being allowed to hold hands in public.

Folks against homosexuality not being viewed as a mental disorder to be treated in asylums.

Quote:
it is not my fault that the social norm is boys dont wear dresses

Now, I want to address this in specific. Do you understand what "The losing side of history" implies? Seriously, not to be a c**t, but I don't think that you do.

It's not just some juvenile insult on par with "Yeah, well you are a stupid face." it's got a meaning.

It's the social norm now. It's, as Bob Dylan put it, the old road that's rapdily changing. You are defending a status quo that is crumbling.

You are on the side of history that, in the long run, will lose. It's the status quo of the present, not the future.

That's my question. What does it feel like to be defending a social norm as it crumbles around you.

Lonely Browser

The Daario Naharis
BlackRose_Jefe
*Snip* Whiny blah blah blah it's my opinion blah blah blah nonsense *snip*

Guess who'd say the exact same thing?

Folks back in the day saying that girls wearing trousers is unacceptable.

Folks against mixed race marriages.

Folks against girls and boys being allowed to hold hands in public.

Folks against homosexuality not being viewed as a mental disorder to be treated in asylums.

Quote:
it is not my fault that the social norm is boys dont wear dresses

Now, I want to address this in specific. Do you understand what "The losing side of history" implies? Seriously, not to be a c**t, but I don't think that you do.

It's not just some juvenile insult on par with "Yeah, well you are a stupid face." it's got a meaning.

It's the social norm now. It's, as Bob Dylan put it, the old road that's rapdily changing. You are defending a status quo that is crumbling.

You are on the side of history that, in the long run, will lose. It's the status quo of the present, not the future.

That's my question. What does it feel like to be defending a social norm as it crumbles around you.

my opinion is based of how i work and what i am comfortable with. and saying that my opinion is nothing but whiny nonsense, qualifies you as a c**t. im not saying that everyone should ******** do it. i just want to know why its so hard for people to do what would make things easier for them in a PUBLIC setting. and im not defending the social norm, im defending my opinion because lets be honest, it would be a lot less hassle and people getting their feels hurt. maybe im just smarter than alot of people since i know that if something could cause a problem, i wont do it. especially since i dont like being gawked at or people being assholes to me. but when im at home and with my family, damn right ima be me. are you ******** happy now? people need to know themselves and what they can handle. it just seems that people just want to go all willy nilly and do whatever the ******** they want without ******** consequences. well it dont work that way.

Dedicated Student

BlackRose_Jefe
Lupa Fangs Makucha
BlackRose_Jefe
is it so wrong to just abide by rules or social norm or whatever when you are in public? does nobody understand that their is a time and place for certain things? especially if you know damn well its going to cause an issue.

i mean, yeah, be yourself an s**t, but some places are better to go all out than others. like, idk, home amongst family and friends. if he wants to be that way all the time, then maybe his mother needs to find somewhere that is uncaring to that stuff.

Why not cause an issue? Isn't that how things change and social norms are shifted?

Pink used to be a men's color or a least a boy's color. Women used to only wear dresses and men wore pants except way back when where everyone wore some sort of dress like apparel. If no one ever does anything to cause a disruption then nothing ever changes. I think if something needs changed then an issue needs to be started. Stuff like this is how we are brought to attention are we not?

it is but i guess its just i prefer the easy way to do things because i would rather not have to hear people complain about what im doing or how im doing things. im more to myself anyways so thats where my opinion is based from. you're right. but i still feel like some things should be left at home with friends and stuff. at least the princess dresses. i mean, why try to fight something like that? cant the mom see that that may be a bit much?

Why try to fight that? So you think women should still be in dresses? I mean if you can answer that I think you have your answer.

Lonely Browser

Lupa Fangs Makucha
BlackRose_Jefe
Lupa Fangs Makucha
BlackRose_Jefe
is it so wrong to just abide by rules or social norm or whatever when you are in public? does nobody understand that their is a time and place for certain things? especially if you know damn well its going to cause an issue.

i mean, yeah, be yourself an s**t, but some places are better to go all out than others. like, idk, home amongst family and friends. if he wants to be that way all the time, then maybe his mother needs to find somewhere that is uncaring to that stuff.

Why not cause an issue? Isn't that how things change and social norms are shifted?

Pink used to be a men's color or a least a boy's color. Women used to only wear dresses and men wore pants except way back when where everyone wore some sort of dress like apparel. If no one ever does anything to cause a disruption then nothing ever changes. I think if something needs changed then an issue needs to be started. Stuff like this is how we are brought to attention are we not?

it is but i guess its just i prefer the easy way to do things because i would rather not have to hear people complain about what im doing or how im doing things. im more to myself anyways so thats where my opinion is based from. you're right. but i still feel like some things should be left at home with friends and stuff. at least the princess dresses. i mean, why try to fight something like that? cant the mom see that that may be a bit much?

Why try to fight that? So you think women should still be in dresses? I mean if you can answer that I think you have your answer.

yeah. why are you gonna fight to wear a fricken costume dress somewhere? if it was just a simple, plain, normal dress? then yeah, fight that s**t. yep. women should wear nothing but dresses. PERIOD. rolleyes no i dont think that. im glad we dont have to because i dont really like the damn things. ima jeans and pants type of girl. the boy can wear his princess dresses all he likes. but i dont think its proper attire when out in public. unless its halloween.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Interitum
Alexander J Luthor
Old Blue Collar Joe
Super 9-Volt

Private christian school. And this surprises people? They're either ******** booger eating stupid or attempting to push a political agenda/hunting for a lawsuit.
******** that s**t. No one should be surprised by this.

Wait, is it a Christian school? I thought that was just the program. Gah...

On a side topic, why is it Christians can't ever actually deal with s**t? This "sweeping everything under the rug" because once that rug is full, people usually get violent.

Why do people feel the need to group all of us christians together as if we are all ignorant, homophobe, "girls wear dresses and guys wear pants", retards? A lot of us are in fact, suprise suprise, intelligent people. Sorry if I sound overly offended but this is a pet peeve of mine.(Implying everyone in a group acts the same whether it be Christians, Muslims, Atheists, gays, animal rights activist, or any other group of anything.)

I'm talking about stuff in general. I've noticed a strange habit of passiveness amongst my Christian friends and family, as well as people I talk to here. Some don't want to talk, others are afraid to talk, but if you talk about something for what they think is too long suddenly SNAP and it is bad. The people I know who are otherwise unaffiliated tell right away whether something offends them enough to not want to talk about it, or will explain their buttons so you won't press them. Religions, organizations, clubs, they all sort of get a mini hive mind going. It's like cliques in high school, you usually go with the people you have most in common with, and some of these you don't really realize. A lot of people in my group, along with myself, are snarky ******** when we want to be.

Dedicated Student

BlackRose_Jefe

yeah. why are you gonna fight to wear a fricken costume dress somewhere? if it was just a simple, plain, normal dress? then yeah, fight that s**t. yep. women should wear nothing but dresses. PERIOD. rolleyes no i dont think that. im glad we dont have to because i dont really like the damn things. ima jeans and pants type of girl. the boy can wear his princess dresses all he likes. but i dont think its proper attire when out in public. unless its halloween.

Well you have a point with the costume looking ones, but I looked up what he was wearing and there were some pretty normal looking ones in there. So I mean maybe article needs more detail?

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
I see nothing wrong with this.

This isn't sexuality discrimination, it's telling a boy not to wear something that was specifically designed for a girl to wear. It's like saying that it's totally okay for me to be walking around in a short-skirt with a man-thong in a school because "I'm expressing myself".

No, it's stupid. School has every right to enforce whatever dress-code they want and this is no exception. I don't care what your sexuality is, wearing a dress as a boy is just weird.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Valiant Corvus
I see nothing wrong with this.

This isn't sexuality discrimination, it's telling a boy not to wear something that was specifically designed for a girl to wear. It's like saying that it's totally okay for me to be walking around in a short-skirt with a man-thong in a school because "I'm expressing myself".

No, it's stupid. School has every right to enforce whatever dress-code they want and this is no exception. I don't care what your sexuality is, wearing a dress as a boy is just weird.

emotion_donotwant

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shave those spider legs and they look fabulous.

Lonely Browser

Lupa Fangs Makucha
BlackRose_Jefe

Well you have a point with the costume looking ones, but I looked up what he was wearing and there were some pretty normal looking ones in there. So I mean maybe article needs more detail?

i havent seen the dresses. maybe the writer shouldve just said dresses intsead of princess dresses? thats all i thought his wardrobe consisited of when i read it so that seemed odd to me. not that he was wearing dresses, but only princess dresses.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff