Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Cassidy Goodson, 14, Allegedly Murders Newborn Moments After Giving Birth
by Free Britney at October 3, 2012 1:39 pm

Lakeland, Fla., teen Cassidy Goodson stands accused of choking her newborn to death ... while the baby was still attached to her by the umbilical cord.

Goodson gave birth to a boy in the bathroom of her home on September 19. The 14-year-old is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

Police say the high school freshman killed her baby since she "didn't know what to do with it," and used scissors to pry it out of her body and into the toilet.

Lifting the baby out of the toilet, Goodson "placed her hands on the infant's neck and squeezed until he wasn't moving or breathing any longer," according to police.

Goodson had reportedly been wearing baggy clothes to hide her pregnancy.

Two aunts suspected the teen was pregnant, but the girl's mother, Teresa Goodson, "was in complete denial," Sheriff Grady Judd told the media.

As evidence that she wasn't pregnant, Cassidy Goodson had apparently shown her mother a couple of home pregnancy tests that turned up negative.

However, the teen had conducted the tests completely alone.

Three days after the birth, the Sheriff's Office received a call reporting that Teresa Goodson, Cassidy's mother, had found a dead baby inside a shoe box in her home.

Teresa Goodson found it after noticing an odor coming from her daughter's bedroom.

Judd believes that Cassidy Goodson's young age should be taken into account. "Let's remember she is a child," he said. "Where was her support system?"

Officials are considering charging adults who may have known about the pregnancy and kept it a secret. Investigators are also currently trying to determine the baby's father."

Credit: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/10/cassidy-goodson-14-allegedly-murders-newborn-moments-after-givin/

This link has a little more info on the story: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/334035
Sad news...

I think killing a life that has yet to live should be maximum sentence into prison. It's just terrible.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
How sad for that baby, she had options if she didn’t want the kid. Hope she gets maximum jail time for killing her baby.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Why charge the adults who MIGHT have known? Just because I suspect something doesn't mean I'm right. And they had nothing to do with it, she decided not to tell anyone and when her parents/aunts asked she denied, when all they had to do was lift her shirt if they had suspicions.

And it doesn't say in the article that she strangled it with the umbilical cord

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Booty Tickle
Oops, that's my bad. I think I read it that way. I re-read it and it looks like it was done by hand while still attached to the cord. I'll change the topic title. Thanks. 3nodding

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
TheRob
Booty Tickle
Oops, that's my bad. I think I read it that way. I re-read it and it looks like it was done by hand while still attached to the cord. I'll change the topic title. Thanks. 3nodding
no offense to you I was just curious if I missed something ^^

Witty Raider

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Booty Tickle
TheRob
Booty Tickle
no offense to you I was just curious if I missed something ^^

I think I heard that on Nancy Grace (then again she makes evidence seem like irrfutable proof when its circumstantial). I'm not sure we have all the facts, so while I think the girl needs to be punished I'll wait to give my 2 cents.

Salty Fatcat

Honestly her behavior could have been partially the fault of her parents or parent. Her age and the fact that she got pregnant says a lot about her upbringing. I also think her mental state should be evaluated.
Booty Tickle
Why charge the adults who MIGHT have known? Just because I suspect something doesn't mean I'm right. And they had nothing to do with it, she decided not to tell anyone and when her parents/aunts asked she denied, when all they had to do was lift her shirt if they had suspicions.

Even if I suspected or knew someone was pregnant and trying to hide it ... what crime have I committed?

If I dial 911 and say, "Yes, I believe my niece is pregnant but she and her mom deny it's so and my niece has had 3 negative pregnancy tests..." What exactly can the authorities do about this? Nothing criminal is occurring.

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
Shes supposed to be at least 16 to be charged as an adult... shes 14.. neutral

Romantic Elocutionist

You sort of have to have some pity for her though (not for her actions of course). She sounds really naive in the article.

She obviously needs some form of punishment for this though.
Clover_Bingo
But she killed a baby.... clearly this indicates she is at the very least severely unbalanced and needs to go to a mental health clinic at the very very least.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Lame excuse. Her mother should be charged with negligence, but "not knowing what to do" and killing it instead of oh, I dunno, ANYTHING ELSE, would have been a better idea... For ******** sake, what happens to someone to have no idea what to do with another life?
This is why children shouldn't have sex, they don't want to get pregnant then keep your legs closed.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Clover_Bingo

Depends on the state. For some serious crimes, like murder, kids under 17 can be put on trial as adults or as juveniles.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff