Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
That's messed up! sad She should definitely be charged for it. That said, I don't think juveniles should be tried as adults.

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
Vampirate Kitsune
Clover_Bingo
Shes supposed to be at least 16 to be charged as an adult... shes 14.. neutral

Depends on the state. For some serious crimes, like murder, kids under 17 can be put on trial as adults or as juveniles.

i see

Original Humorist

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
That poor baby sad The girl never heard of adoption?!

Blessed Exhibitionist

10,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
She realized that was a huge responsibility then....

...then said "screw this" and made sure she didn't have to deal with it. Too bad she didn't take preventive steps when having sex. If she ddi, her life wouldn't be ******** right now.

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
This is seriously saddening for the baby.

That girl should definitely be charged as an adult. If she felt old enough to have sex, she's old enough to be charged as an adult for what she's done. She killed a baby! an innocent little life that didn't asked to be born nor be killed. may that child rest in peace and his mother rots in prison.

As for charging the family or friends who knew about it is ludicrous. What crime have they done other than knowing she was pregnant? unless the girl told them what she planned to do when the baby is born. if so, then that girl should be charged with premeditated murder.

Friendly Wench

Brilwen
This is why children shouldn't have sex, they don't want to get pregnant then keep your legs closed.

I always find it so odd that women post this. There are millions of women having sex and using birth control so that they won't have babies. Not keeping their legs closed. I mean - are you only fornicating for the purpose of procreation, or are you abstinent?

Friendly Wench

I say lock her away forever. Old enough to be a murderer, old enough to deal with consequences.

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
irZakuraWolfe
That poor baby sad The girl never heard of adoption?!

Well given that she is only 14, and in a state that teaches abstinence only (apparently one of the worst states when it comes to sex education). It is quite possible that it never entered her mind as an option.

Fashionable Hunter

This really, really breaks my heart.

Just. Augh. She's 14 for chrissake, why are they charging her as an adult?

She has at least 60 years ahead of her. Are they SERIOUSLY going to make sure that they're able to take all of them away because of one scared decision?

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
kakteed

She has at least 60 years ahead of her. Are they SERIOUSLY going to make sure that they're able to take all of them away because of one scared decision?

Agreed. If she was two years younger, no one would be saying these things.

She is a child, plain and simple. At that age (and actually all the way up to the mid 20s), her prefrontal cortex is not fully developed. The prefrontal cortex being responsible for 'Foreseeing and weighing possible consequences of behavior, Considering the future and making predictions'.

http://www.hhs.gov/opa/familylife/tech_assistance/etraining/adolescent_brain/Development/prefrontal_cortex/

I have also been mentioning on any thread about this. The fact that Florida has a very bad sex education program (among the worst in the country), which is of course abstinence only.
Clover_Bingo

Yes but she murdered her own child, age or not she needs to be held accounted for what she's done.

A mental hospital would be highly recommended for my vote.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Quote:
...used scissors to pry it out of her body ...

How about no Prison.

How much more insane can someone get then stabbing at their own genitals?

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Brilwen
Clover_Bingo

Yes but she murdered her own child, age or not she needs to be held accounted for what she's done.

A mental hospital would be highly recommended for my vote.

While Bush jr. was President there were cuts and laws made that ended Mental Hospitals/Wards.

This is why I keep seeing in the news people who are Criminals and Insane escaping from Nursing Homes.

It's taking a long time to repair that and numerous other moves that were made by the Government during Bush jr. Presidency. Another one was most research into Autism was shut down. For some reason the places working on decoding genetics for Autism Research and the ones working on Medications for Autism had the Police come in and evacuate their buildings with Government Officials with papers saying all this was allowed because of somethings Bush Jr. Signed. Places this happened that things were documented ( video, tape recorders, press) at, the police wouldn't let people in for anything for days. Days later they walked women in to get their purses one by one.

Our country is blinded, deafened, and muted by Stupid some times mad

As for this girl... I believe she is suffering a condition that teenage pregnancy and child pregnancy has some times. Her brain has been rewired to kill her Newborn because her brain and body were still developeing while she was pregnant. She will be at risk during all future pregnancies to reinact this,.. her brain will go into this mode again every time she is in labor and after she gives birth.

Fashionable Hunter

Lunarflowermaiden
kakteed

Agreed. If she was two years younger, no one would be saying these things.

She is a child, plain and simple. At that age (and actually all the way up to the mid 20s), her prefrontal cortex is not fully developed. The prefrontal cortex being responsible for 'Foreseeing and weighing possible consequences of behavior, Considering the future and making predictions'.

http://www.hhs.gov/opa/familylife/tech_assistance/etraining/adolescent_brain/Development/prefrontal_cortex/

I have also been mentioning on any thread about this. The fact that Florida has a very bad sex education program (among the worst in the country), which is of course abstinence only.

I know! It's absolutely ridiculous for people to be saying that if she can kill, she can go to jail for killing. That's not a rationale; it's the wrong freaking question.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Wheezing Werewolf

10,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Bidding War 100
Clover_Bingo

I think at the age of 14 you know the difference between right and wrong.14 year olds make stupid mistakes like getting pregnant rolleyes but she intentionally choked a baby to death. that's 1st degree like it or not. if she decided to make a choice to kill a human being like a murderer ,she should suffer the consequences like one. if she didn't want the child she should of aborted at the appropriate time, or gave the baby up for adoption.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff