Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Fatcat

Anyone particularly curious about the father?
This is tragic. Why was there no support for this girl? It sounds to me that she was in a state of panic - her mother certainly should have done more. I don't think this girl needs punishment, she needs mental help.
I'm sort of surprised at the amount of people who are judging this girl as an evil murderer without knowing the full story. What she did was horrendous without a doubt, but there is probably a lot more to it than what's been reported.

Hygienic Smoker

She..
Got pregnant.
At age..
emotion_facepalm

Hygienic Smoker

psychoyouth
This is tragic. Why was there no support for this girl? It sounds to me that she was in a state of panic - her mother certainly should have done more. I don't think this girl needs punishment, she needs mental help.
I'm sort of surprised at the amount of people who are judging this girl as an evil murderer without knowing the full story. What she did was horrendous without a doubt, but there is probably a lot more to it than what's been reported.

Your username and statement sounds perfectly accurate.
YouLittleFakaah
psychoyouth

Because an attempt at seeing the whole picture rather than judging by what the media says = insanity.

Familiar Fatcat

THE ******** IS WRONG WITH SOME TEENAGERS THESE DAYS?

emotion_facepalm

Hygienic Smoker

psychoyouth
YouLittleFakaah
psychoyouth

Because an attempt at seeing the whole picture rather than judging by what the media says = insanity.

Her mother should have done more?
It stated that the mother didn't know because the girl chose not to tell her.
The girl faked it that she wasn't pregnant by showing her mother several preg. tests coming as negatives.
The little girl knew she was pregnant and she had 9 months to figure things out.
And she should've known the consequences of having unprotected sex.
But if other cases, if she was raped, She should've seeked for help immediatley.
But one thing I do agree on, She needs mental help.
YouLittleFakaah
psychoyouth
YouLittleFakaah
psychoyouth

The girl faked it that she wasn't pregnant by showing her mother several preg. tests coming as negatives.
The little girl knew she was pregnant and she had 9 months to figure things out.
But if other cases, if she was raped, She should've seeked for help immediatley.

You have a point about her mother. I think maybe that was my reaction because my mother would have known, no matter how well I hid it or how many negative pregnancy tests I'd shown her. I have a good relationship with her though, perhaps the girl in this article doesn't have that with her mother.
It sounds like this girl was in denial. I wonder if at her young age she even knew where to go for help.
I didn't intend to sound like I'm excusing what she did, after all I don't know any more about the situation than anybody else, I was just pointing out that there could well be more to the story that we aren't aware of that could explain how something so tragic could happen.

On a completely unrelated note, your avatar is very cute.

Hygienic Smoker

psychoyouth
YouLittleFakaah
psychoyouth
YouLittleFakaah
psychoyouth

You have a point about her mother. I think maybe that was my reaction because my mother would have known, no matter how well I hid it or how many negative pregnancy tests I'd shown her. I have a good relationship with her though, perhaps the girl in this article doesn't have that with her mother.
It sounds like this girl was in denial. I wonder if at her young age she even knew where to go for help.
I didn't intend to sound like I'm excusing what she did, after all I don't know any more about the situation than anybody else, I was just pointing out that there could well be more to the story that we aren't aware of that could explain how something so tragic could happen.

On a completely unrelated note, your avatar is very cute.

Well, thanks. xD

Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
It's to bad not enough people are taught abstinence is the best thing, or that they need to use protection- Did her family not allow her to have an abortion? She could of talked to a counselor if she was keeping it secret or went to a clinic b/c they keep that info disclosed. What a stupid little girl, she needs to be convicted of murder. "didn't know what to do" my a**.
That actually makes me feel physically ill. In most states you can drop your newborn off at a police station, fire station, or hospital with no questions asked.

What person in their right mind can kill a defenseless child with their own hands?

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

Very irresponsible, hence why kids shouldn't have kids. They're not ready to handle the situation and consequences of it. Perhaps it was unplanned, which I think is the case, but that's no reason to strangle the baby.
She deserves to be tried as an adult and I hope she gets the maximum punishment.

Dangerous Prophet

5,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
This girl is guilty, and so is her mother. When I was 14, I was already on the pill and must have bought pregnancy tests for 3 different friends. One, another 14 year old, was pregnant and we called planned parenthood that day. When she told her mother, her mom had already figured out she was pregnant.

Cassidy Goodson is a murderer, she is plenty old enough to know the options you have when you get pregnant and even how to prevent it, if she doesn't, she has diminished mental capacity. Unless her mother also has diminished mental capacity, she damn well knew her daughter was pregnant. No matter what "I didn't know I was pregnant!" tells you, carrying a baby to term is not symptom-less. Negative home pregnancy tests? Are you kidding?

Is poor education why she got pregnant? Maybe. Is poor education why she strangled her newborn? No.

There's a big difference between what she did and what your average pregnant teen does, just keep that in mind. Even if the child was the result of rape/incest, it is no excuse for the actions she took. She wasn't the first teen to have an unwanted pregnancy, and she won't be the last.

She should she go to jail? I personally do not believe the mental health system could rehabilitate this girl, but it's not like jails a better option. The mother on the other hand should most definitely be imprisoned, because no matter what the situation is concerning this pregnancy, this tragedy could have easily been prevented.

Aged Genius

8,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
Tocahontas

Honestly her behavior could have been partially the fault of her parents or parent. Her age and the fact that she got pregnant says a lot about her upbringing. I also think her mental state should be evaluated.
^ that is precisely what I was thinking,,,, :l

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces