Welcome to Gaia! ::

....umps who spend actual money on a game that use to be fun when it treated everyone equally. Say what you want but this game sold out big time just like this whole site did. I guess gaia just wants to prepare us for the real world by teaching us the lesson that fariness and hard work don't matter as long as you have money

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Alot of online games have freemium models.
Likewise, you can't expect HoC to be self-sustaining on rainbow on and sunshines; society just doesn't work that way.

HoC is also going to eventually be on Facebook, which every game there pretty much runs on a freemium model anyways.

Revered Inquisitor

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Considering that you can only have four of one Unit in a deck anyway, it is not as bad as if it was exclusive content or if having all of one card guaranteed victory. A player reaching higher levels and able to reap the increased chances at pulling rares with the crap load of Essence he/she receives from playing will warrant similar results. While I hate there being an option to buy your way through the game, sometimes cards do not matter if the player does not have a solid strategy to back said cards.

How about instead of complaining for the sake of complaining, you come up with a way Gaia can make money off of this game without offering guaranteed rares (which could mean receiving cards one has multiples of anyway, like starter Heralds, so it could end up being a waste of money regardless).

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
Shintouyu
Alot of online games have freemium models.
Likewise, you can't expect HoC to be self-sustaining on rainbow on and sunshines; society just doesn't work that way.

HoC is also going to eventually be on Facebook, which every game there pretty much runs on a freemium model anyways.
I wouldn't care if they made me pay to play. No where in my rant did I say they should give everyone a free ride. I was simply expressing my discontent with the fact that they have now made it so the game is unfairly balanced for those who have even more money left in their pocket after paying for their monthly collectibles and chance items. Where is the fun and competitive spirit in that? Makes me won't to go back in time and never start playing.
On another note, I know how society works so don't give me a condescending reply that implies I am of a low intelligence level. At no point did I take a shot at you and I do not appreciate being ridiculed in that manor. You can disagree with what I have to say but please phrase it in a way that isn't directly attacking me thank you.
Also to further elaborate on my point the real world does take into consideration the imbalance of wealth when trying to create a noncompetitive environment. That is why many sports have a salary cap. Things are better when they are fair and keep their integrity.

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Opera Phantomess

Considering that you can only have four of one Unit in a deck anyway, it is not as bad as if it was exclusive content or if having all of one card guaranteed victory. A player reaching higher levels and able to reap the increased chances at pulling rares with the crap load of Essence he/she receives from playing will warrant similar results. While I hate there being an option to buy your way through the game, sometimes cards do not matter if the player does not have a solid strategy to back said cards.

How about instead of complaining for the sake of complaining, you come up with a way Gaia can make money off of this game without offering guaranteed rares (which could mean receiving cards one has multiples of anyway, like starter Heralds, so it could end up being a waste of money regardless).

Strategy would matter if the cards were balanced. They're not in this case, so anyone spending money has a clear advantage over those that don't, since you have to the level 70 to get the same thing as the cash packs.

As for other methods of making money, Pan mentioned that they were already thinking of doing things like cosmetic changes such as different colored heralds and such. Instead I guess they decided to go the pay to win route.
Wow, smh.
You can shake your head at me if you want. Maybe my post comes off in a negative way because my disappointment is truly shining through it. The main point of this topic was for me to bring attention to my discontent with this move.

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Serp The Terp
I guess gaia just wants to prepare us for the real world by teaching us the lesson that fariness and hard work don't matter as long as you have money
Did Gaia sell out or are they trying to make money on a game that their company now provides? I think that it is perfectly fair that the company profit from a free service if there are people who are willing to pay.
Money for most of us, by the way, comes about from working, so it is fair that those that do work would want to have some benefit for their labors, whether it be in game or not.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Durithill the Black Blade
Opera Phantomess

Strategy would matter if the cards were balanced. They're not in this case, so anyone spending money has a clear advantage over those that don't, since you have to the level 70 to get the same thing as the cash packs.

As for other methods of making money, Pan mentioned that they were already thinking of doing things like cosmetic changes such as different colored heralds and such. Instead I guess they decided to go the pay to win route.

Er, not really. I pulled Knight of 3 Dooms and Knight of Horizon back-to-back from two Platinum packs (five and four stars respectively) and I was only level forty-one at the time (I am forty-two right now). I also pulled two Krylyr the Eyes, another Lightning Demon, another Worm that Walks, Tower Guardian, another Death Dealer, another What Must Be Done, and another Sir Corwin today from a combination of Sapphire and Platinum packs. If I had more Essence saved up, I would have bought more.

I am sure this was more of a way to begin bringing in the money while they work on adding options for different coloured Units. More than likely this was already planned, but they did not know exactly how they would go about doing it until very recently. I am not trying to white knight, but am at least trying understand what is going on.

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Haku of Kirigakure
Serp The Terp
I guess gaia just wants to prepare us for the real world by teaching us the lesson that fariness and hard work don't matter as long as you have money
Did Gaia sell out or are they trying to make money on a game that their company now provides? I think that it is perfectly fair that the company profit from a free service if there are people who are willing to pay.
Money for most of us, by the way, comes about from working, so it is fair that those that do work would want to have some benefit for their labors, whether it be in game or not.

No one is arguing against them making money. They're arguing against the way they're making money. You should never be able to pay your way to the top of a game, as they've now implemented.

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Opera Phantomess
Opera Phantomess

Er, not really. I pulled Knight of 3 Dooms and Knight of Horizon back-to-back from two Platinum packs (five and four stars respectively) and I was only level forty-one at the time (I am forty-two right now). I also pulled two Krylyr the Eyes, another Lightning Demon, another Worm that Walks, Tower Guardian, another Death Dealer, another What Must Be Done, and another Sir Corwin today from a combination of Sapphire and Platinum packs. If I had more Essence saved up, I would have bought more.

I am sure this was more of a way to begin bringing in the money while they work on adding options for different coloured Units. More than likely this was already planned, but they did not know exactly how they would go about doing it until very recently. I am not trying to white knight, but am at least trying understand what is going on.

I supposed what I said was a little vague. I didn't mean you have to pay to get the same cards. I mean you have to be level 70 to have the same chance of pulling cards as someone with cash. A lower level person could get lucky and pull those cards, but people are handed them for having cash.

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Haku of Kirigakure
Serp The Terp

No one is arguing against them making money. They're arguing against the way they're making money. You should never be able to pay your way to the top of a game, as they've now implemented.
I have played a lot of games, and I think the only ones that do not have the option to pay into them to improve your chances of winning are those played with, either, your standard 52-card, 4 suited decks of cards, or comes on a wooden board.
Perhaps one shouldn't to be able to pay their way to the top, but I don't see this trend ending any time soon.
Haku of Kirigakure
Serp The Terp
They have sold out in every sense of the word. I have been a member of this site for a long time and they sustained it very well without nickel and diming us every step of the way and diminishing peoples hard work by allowing others to pay their way to the top.
If they made me pay to play this game I would have no problem with it because I really enjoy it. However, I refuse to pay to receive a competitive edge on my opponent.
I know where money comes from. I do have a job and value my pay check too much to blow it on a golden ticket. I think you have a mistaken vision of the people who work for gaia. I assure you that they are doing well for themselves and have ways of making money other than charging us for packs of Herald cards.

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Haku of Kirigakure
Haku of Kirigakure
Serp The Terp

I have played a lot of games, and I think the only ones that do not have the option to pay into them to improve your chances of winning are those played with, either, your standard 52-card, 4 suited decks of cards, or comes on a wooden board.
Perhaps one shouldn't to be able to pay their way to the top, but I don't see this trend ending any time soon.

There's a difference between buying your way to the top in a competitive game vs. other games though. Like paying to get double XP in WoW or something is accepted because you're not actively competing against other players. However this game is almost entirely PvP, not PvE. Most decent PvP games don't allow you to buy your way to the top like this.

Enduring Shapeshifter

Time to throw my two cents in I guess...

To the OP, I do agree..

We suggested ways for them to be able to still make cash and people would DEFINITELY do them.. it'd probably be a bit more work for the devs, but the game would stay alive and thriving.

A game like this, giving such a strong edge to cashers early on... it... it just won't work. :/

This is a game that literally depends on strategy and deck strength.. well now it's apparently super easy to get an awesome deck, thanks to Chaos Cash.

It'll start small, but I'm sure you all remember Monster Galaxy.. .yeah...... It started small time, then they went overkill.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff