Welcome to Gaia! ::

Virtuous Connoisseur

9,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Perhaps create a different method of rewarding stalemates or alternative victories. Outright winning the match should have the greatest reward, to preserve competitive play.
I'm not to fond of this idea. I actually like killing as many opponents as I can to earn essence.

Unforgiving Warlord

16,875 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
zigazav1
CelesaAkitaka
zigazav
I don't like this idea, it means less Essence, and less Gold, for us all! You have ALREADY have made a HORRIBLE choice dumming-down our pay in Gold per Essence! (Was 30 Gold per Essence, now it 10 Gold per Essence!) Don't dumb-down our Essence pay too by this! I'm am 10000% AGAINST this idea! I don't CARE if this makes another "fair" way to get Essence, you would be cutting our pay YET AGAIN! Most of us just play the game just to get Gold anyways! Don't mean to be rude by saying this, but Gaia staff, are you scared of having normal users getting rich without a H*ll load of trouble? It sure looks like it, that you keep making it harder every time it seems, to get lots of Gold by games here at Gaia. Well, so this doesn't look like a flame post (which I'm not intending any of that) or a spam post, I'll cut-off from here. I was just worried about the pay for me and other HoC players is all. Adios! I'm heading away from this thread now.

It's more about making the game enjoyable. If everyone has easy essence then there's no point in packs. I'm playing for the sake of having fun, not for having to get a bunch of gold. If the argument is the staff being afraid to give lots of gold, why not the game just be a button that gives you gold every time you pay? Beta testing doesn't normally pay. A game is meant to have fun and we're all trying to help out to make the game fun and balanced for everyone.

Yeah, but playing random match-up for 3x multiplier bonus is hard anyways (I keep getting opponents who whoop my butt!), so why cut our pay for there with this new method of calculation? I feel like getting ripped-off on Essence if this new rule comes into play. They've already cut the Gold pay-out to 1/3 of what was once the payout. If this new method comes into play, it makes so you are not getting your money's worth out of your hard work! Besides, when the beta ends, aren't they going to scrap everyone's decks anyways? We'll get a big account of starting Essence when it comes, but I don't wanna lose all my rare cards or my deck itself (I'm sure none of us others want that for ourselves either), so we should be allowed to as much Essences' worth of our hard work as we can until the beta ends. And I'm already not being able to get more than 1000 Essence per game lately anyways (I keep losing, even with my strong deck!), so they shouldn't use this new rule. I stand by what I said: Gaia staff is scared to have people get rich quickly! They don't want people to get richer, or close to, how rich they are! They should stop disrespecting the players of the staff currently trying to cheat users of the Gold they deserve for their hard work! And booster packs are expensive too! What's-up with that?

Are they really going to scrap the decks? I have a lot of rare cards that I've worked hard to get and that would really suck. Plus, I am working on getting a lot more powerful cards; if they are going to scrap it, why bother?
Genrin619
zigazav1
CelesaAkitaka
zigazav
I don't like this idea, it means less Essence, and less Gold, for us all! You have ALREADY have made a HORRIBLE choice dumming-down our pay in Gold per Essence! (Was 30 Gold per Essence, now it 10 Gold per Essence!) Don't dumb-down our Essence pay too by this! I'm am 10000% AGAINST this idea! I don't CARE if this makes another "fair" way to get Essence, you would be cutting our pay YET AGAIN! Most of us just play the game just to get Gold anyways! Don't mean to be rude by saying this, but Gaia staff, are you scared of having normal users getting rich without a H*ll load of trouble? It sure looks like it, that you keep making it harder every time it seems, to get lots of Gold by games here at Gaia. Well, so this doesn't look like a flame post (which I'm not intending any of that) or a spam post, I'll cut-off from here. I was just worried about the pay for me and other HoC players is all. Adios! I'm heading away from this thread now.

It's more about making the game enjoyable. If everyone has easy essence then there's no point in packs. I'm playing for the sake of having fun, not for having to get a bunch of gold. If the argument is the staff being afraid to give lots of gold, why not the game just be a button that gives you gold every time you pay? Beta testing doesn't normally pay. A game is meant to have fun and we're all trying to help out to make the game fun and balanced for everyone.

Yeah, but playing random match-up for 3x multiplier bonus is hard anyways (I keep getting opponents who whoop my butt!), so why cut our pay for there with this new method of calculation? I feel like getting ripped-off on Essence if this new rule comes into play. They've already cut the Gold pay-out to 1/3 of what was once the payout. If this new method comes into play, it makes so you are not getting your money's worth out of your hard work! Besides, when the beta ends, aren't they going to scrap everyone's decks anyways? We'll get a big account of starting Essence when it comes, but I don't wanna lose all my rare cards or my deck itself (I'm sure none of us others want that for ourselves either), so we should be allowed to as much Essences' worth of our hard work as we can until the beta ends. And I'm already not being able to get more than 1000 Essence per game lately anyways (I keep losing, even with my strong deck!), so they shouldn't use this new rule. I stand by what I said: Gaia staff is scared to have people get rich quickly! They don't want people to get richer, or close to, how rich they are! They should stop disrespecting the players of the staff currently trying to cheat users of the Gold they deserve for their hard work! And booster packs are expensive too! What's-up with that?

Are they really going to scrap the decks? I have a lot of rare cards that I've worked hard to get and that would really suck. Plus, I am working on getting a lot more powerful cards; if they are going to scrap it, why bother?

I'm wondering this myself. If their going to scrap it up atleast make it possible for us to get different heralds and cards easily as well as make the campaigns worth it. The final mission in all honesty is a bit ridiculous in terms of difficulty.

11,400 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
this game sucks so mucht its fialed i am stuck 5/6 porotls

Ruthless Phantom

9,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
i also think that in the story mode you should have to complete each quest in a certain number of turns or you can just keep messing around back and fourth and building up more and more of an army. at one point on one of the missions to go face the boss, i built up like 75 troops. and then i attacked the boss with like 40 of them. there was no possible way for defeat.

2,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Lord_Alpha_XXX
i also think that in the story mode you should have to complete each quest in a certain number of turns or you can just keep messing around back and fourth and building up more and more of an army. at one point on one of the missions to go face the boss, i built up like 75 troops. and then i attacked the boss with like 40 of them. there was no possible way for defeat.

LIES!!! you can only have a maximum of 60 cards so its impossible for you to have made 75!!!!!!
Ok before starting to explain my idea i will apologize for two things. First, sorry for my bad english. And second, im kind of busy right now, so i couldnt read ALL the comments. Therefore, i might repeat some part of the ideas from other comments, without even knowing. Sorry :/
With that already said, here is my thought:

HoC is a complex game. I am not saying difficult, but complex. You cant just rely all the reward system for each battle in just one thing, because there are even more than one way to win a game.
Besides, a complex rewarding system will give the player more freedom at the time of choosing an strategy, (wich is the idea, i guess).

Lets start with the first flaw of the system that you are trying to implement:
If you rely the essence on the cuantity of mana spent on invoked units, you are ENCOURAGING the players to just stop playing and start creating more and more units, wich is terrible.
BUT if you give essence (lets say with a radio of 1 essence for each 3 mana points) for the mana that recolect the player in the hole game, (spent or not), it doesnt matter if the player creates or not more units. You can give essence for each killed unit (like now), and that way you win the same amount of essence creating more units or not, but if you create more units you have the potential of winning more essence, becouse you can kill the units of the enemy.

Also i think that should be good that per each unit you kill, you gain a little mana (like 1/3 of the mana cost of the unit killed * (1 + 0.2 per star), that way you can sustain the previus calculation.
And lets not forget about portals! portals can work as a multiplier, but not so big.
Can try something like: Total mana recolected/ 3 * (1+ 0.2 per each portal)

And finally, you should totally encourage players to win. So to the final number you can multiply it by 1.5 if the player win the game. OR you can multiply the final number by 1.5 if the player get the last portal, that way i think that the numbers will be more ballanced. That way not all the players will chose winning the game by killing all the enemy units. Idk, just an idea.

I would explain more, but right now i have to go. IF you are interested about this idea, just PM me, i will gladly work on the numbers and give you some more ideas.

Thats all for now. gaia_angelleft Anima & Materia gaia_angelright

Man-Hungry Carnivore

The rewards should be given to the opponent of the one who forfeited, but not the forfeiter. That way people will still get their essence even if the other person does forfeit. I don't play multiplayer mode because of the cheaters.

Tipsy Lunatic

11,350 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lady_Kwi
I'm not to fond of this idea. I actually like killing as many opponents as I can to earn essence.

I agree. If theres a good, long and heated game going on, I'd rather have essance per kill / portal captured. Maybe if something was added for leftover mana? Like, at the end of the game, we usually have SOME mana left right? What if we got one essance for each leftover mana we had. I dunno. Just a thought : 3

Original Glitch

I love this idea. So, so much. Cause I go for some sort of completion and end up with the same as trying to speed run.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff