Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Businesswoman

10,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
I would still like to post I have not got the hang of it yet however its still an awesome game <3 heart

Lonely Man-Lover

Been around the world and found

I don't like how the essence is given out right now. I would like to see it more based on who wins. I play short fast games. I attack quickly and when I win I would expect to get around the same amount of essence as if the game lasted 20 minutes.

Also I have an issue with the way forfeits are working, I just spent like 10 minutes in a game and my opponent forfeited and I got SQUAT!!!! No xp, No essence, no nothing... this is making me almost angry enough to stop playing all together. I have been in over 50 battles like this.. I waste my time, My opponent forfeits, I get nothing.

That only stupid people are breeding

Shirtless Man-Lover

7,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
My whole strategy is a sneak and spead rush the board with weanies kinda deal so I like this. I usually wins... but i have less kills than my opponent.

Beloved Raider

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
This is a good idea but the way to calculate essence rewarded needs a bit more work. Dont change how a player wins though :3 I find it more challenging trying to watch how many portals me and my opponent have while trying to squash their armies before they over power mine ^.^
I like a lot of the ideas that I have read so far. I don't know if this one has already been posted but my brain is starting to melt from all the possibilities I've read (and I have to say that I am biased, and like mine best ...Well its not just mine, I have collaborated with Tidy Idleness who has actually played PvP). Here we go:

For playing a game (just for hitting PvP) both players get: XX essence
For a forfeit: -YY (at first I thought it would be all XX, but I think that might be too harsh) So we start with a base essence and then you lose blah-blah amount it if you forfeit.

Then both players will get individual bonuses rewarding different playing styles: (and in a forfeit you get to keep your "bonuses" cause you played and (hopefully) tried)

I even tried to come up with clever names:
Victor (you won): +A (sorry forfeiters, but this is important)
Explorer (greening lots of land): you get +B per land you end the game with. This way the person who lost or forfeited will still get essence for doing stuff and being present.
Tactician (large number of pins): +C number of pins
Executioner (high number of kills): +D per kill times a multiplier like (1+ # of your kills/total kills)
Conqueror (high ratio of found portals): +E per portal found more than your opponent, with E increasing exponentially. This way simultaneous portal captures are rewarded near the end of the game, where you've captured 7 or 8 out of six portals (to discourage ganging up on portals one by one).

I think that this system will prevent "milking" because if someone is being unfair in their victory, the opponent feels safe to forfeit and keep their bonuses. I also tried to give at least two bonuses per play style so no one would feel left out.

Newbie Noob

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • PvP 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I think if anything, you should encourage winning fights, beating other units, and summoning and controlling vital points in any given match. If all these factors were to go into essence factors, and make the essence output more than it already is, and NOT make it so that if someone were to try to get the most expensive essence pack, they would need to win 100 duels, then sure. That, or make the packs at least have WAY MORE than a select few cards.

Newbie Noob

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • PvP 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
KiyoshiChan743
I like a lot of the ideas that I have read so far. I don't know if this one has already been posted but my brain is starting to melt from all the possibilities I've read (and I have to say that I am biased, and like mine best ...Well its not just mine, I have collaborated with Tidy Idleness who has actually played PvP). Here we go:

I really like this idea, and I think that the Gaia staff SHOULD GO WITH IT... But it is doubtful. Why most people play HoC is because of the essence converting to gold. People try to balance essence to gold, and essence to packs (to improve performance in play, and thus, essence=gold output eventually. Gaia is mostly free, but stands to make as much profit as possible. Making the packs harder to get, reward output minimal, and making the packs that people will have to pay to get more alluring are all just ways to make people buy and give money, regardless of them saying (we want to make the play better for everyone).

For a forfeit: -YY (at first I thought it would be all XX, but I think that might be too harsh) So we start with a base essence and then you lose blah-blah amount it if you forfeit.

Then both players will get individual bonuses rewarding different playing styles: (and in a forfeit you get to keep your "bonuses" cause you played and (hopefully) tried)

Explorer (greening lots of land): you get +B per land you end the game with. This way the person who lost or forfeited will still get essence for doing stuff and being present.
Executioner (high number of kills): +D per kill times a multiplier like (1+ # of your kills/total kills)
Conqueror (high ratio of found portals): +E per portal found more than your opponent, with E increasing exponentially. This way simultaneous portal captures are rewarded near the end of the game, where you've captured 7 or 8 out of six portals (to discourage ganging up on portals one by one).

I think that this system will prevent "milking" because if someone is being unfair in their victory, the opponent feels safe to forfeit and keep their bonuses. I also tried to give at least two bonuses per play style so no one would feel left out.
KiyoshiChan743

While I may be biased by having help come up with a few of these ideas, I certainly think this is a good overhaul of the essence system resulting in allowing all strategies to generate a decent essence/time value. Plus, making sure that both the winner and loser of a forfeit are rewarded is important too (which this system also would).

Hopefully others (specifically maybe a developer or two...) like this type of bonus system and can comment/implement it.

Combative Seeker

5,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Me I like this idea. : D

Feral Shapeshifter

10,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Now would the TYPE of unit summoned have an impact on the reward? Because if you build up a deck full of heavy hitters that take a lot of mana to summon, you won't be summoning much. Mostly your herald will be hopping around looking for mana wells. But if you built a deck full of scouts and fluff cards that are easy to summon, does that mean you'll get a higher bonus because you could just summon up a ton of cards?

Beloved Friend

6,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
Why is it that when I'm playing the Heralds of chaos it stop from loading every time? evil

Wealthy Genius

7,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Not relly into this game

Buggy Bunny

Has this been put in place yet?
I just did a game where the other person waited for the countdown to finish every single time.
Even on the first turn.
I think they wanted me to lose patience and forfeit.
Lost anyway so I guess it didn't matter. rolleyes
KiyoshiChan743

I rather like this idea too, it could mean there would be less of a reason to farm units if the reward was lower for killing units.
Why not do it based off of how many you kill. How manyyou have left, how many you have summoned and if you win.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games