Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord George Kapland
What Happened To LSD

*Young adults will be able to stay on their parents' health plans until the age of 26. Many health plans currently drop dependents from coverage when they turn 19 or finish college.

Many plans drop you when you're 21.

Mine drops me when im 25. Does it still apply?

Devoted Explorer

I can see this getting a lot of people off their butts and getting a Job already.
Mobilize For War Crimes
simlanna

I understand, but, if I'm a business person, why should I have to pay insurance for adults who don't work for me?

Because the government ******** told you to. That's why. Those infinitely smarter than you have made that decision.

That is the government's idea at least.

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
simlanna
Lord George Kapland
What Happened To LSD

*Young adults will be able to stay on their parents' health plans until the age of 26. Many health plans currently drop dependents from coverage when they turn 19 or finish college.

26 seems a little old to me if the person isn't in school. I don't see why companies should have to pay for people's kids up until that age.

It can take a LONG time to save up enough money to support yourself, even if you have a job. Some people work the same place for years with no promotion, despite performance. And of course, they can't quit because they need the money for daily needs. I still live with my parents (though I'm only turning 20 this year) but I also contribute my own money to the needs of the household when it's needed.
What Happened To LSD
*Most people will be required to obtain health insurance coverage or pay a fine if they don't. Healthcare tax credits become available to help people with incomes up to 400 percent of poverty purchase coverage on the exchange.

A FINE? The ********?
Enix Ona Demonie
What Happened To LSD
*Most people will be required to obtain health insurance coverage or pay a fine if they don't. Healthcare tax credits become available to help people with incomes up to 400 percent of poverty purchase coverage on the exchange.

A FINE? The ********]

Yeah, like how you get a ticket when you don't have car insurance.

It's So Unheard Of.
Miku Akayuki
simlanna
Lord George Kapland
What Happened To LSD

26 seems a little old to me if the person isn't in school. I don't see why companies should have to pay for people's kids up until that age.

It can take a LONG time to save up enough money to support yourself, even if you have a job. Some people work the same place for years with no promotion, despite performance. And of course, they can't quit because they need the money for daily needs. I still live with my parents (though I'm only turning 20 this year) but I also contribute my own money to the needs of the household when it's needed.

So...You're entitled to some s**t, nobody else has ever been entitled too in the history of our nation... Because..... You're whiny?
Lord George Kapland
Miku Akayuki
simlanna
Lord George Kapland
What Happened To LSD

So...You're entitled to some s**t, nobody else has ever been entitled too in the history of our nation... Because..... You're whiny?

Really? People in the history of our nation has never been entitled to healthcare and health insurance?

You mean like the elderly and poor, right? That's why medicare and medicaid don't exist. Right?
[gossamer]!smile.
Enix Ona Demonie
What Happened To LSD

A FINE? The ********]

It's So Unheard Of.

Rather big difference between having to get something to drive a car and having to get something just because you're alive.
[gossamer]!smile.
Lord George Kapland
Miku Akayuki
simlanna
Lord George Kapland
What Happened To LSD

Really? People in the history of our nation has never been entitled to healthcare and health insurance?

You mean like the elderly and poor, right? That's why medicare and medicaid don't exist. Right?

Oh my bad. Here let me reword it for you:

You're entitled to some s**t that the US government never had any authority to regulate, besides in the terms of interstate commerce, until some uppity a*****e in 1932 decided that the country wasn't good enough for him, and bumrushed a law to help "stimulate our economy" that's funding was never to be used on anything except for the program itself.

But in the 1940's congress said ******** that and started regulating funds from that program into other projects, which made it a huge money sink...

But you're entitled to it, because you're whiny.
Dark Lord Drake
[gossamer]!smile.
Enix Ona Demonie
What Happened To LSD

A FINE? The ********]

It's So Unheard Of.

Rather big difference between having to get something to drive a car and having to get something just because you're alive.

Not much, considering in most areas of the U.S. people pretty much need a car for day-to-day life.
[gossamer]!smile.
Dark Lord Drake
[gossamer]!smile.
Enix Ona Demonie
What Happened To LSD

A FINE? The ********]

It's So Unheard Of.

Not much, considering in most areas of the U.S. people pretty much need a car for day-to-day life.

Public transportation doesn't exist now?
[gossamer]!smile.
Enix Ona Demonie
What Happened To LSD

A FINE? The ********]

It's So Unheard Of.

It's a privilege to get your licenses and use the GOVERNMENTS roads.

Suddenly my life is a privilege for the government to regulate like my car...huh?
[gossamer]!smile.
Dark Lord Drake
[gossamer]!smile.
Enix Ona Demonie
What Happened To LSD

A FINE? The ********]

It's So Unheard Of.

I take the shoelace express.
Lord George Kapland
[gossamer]!smile.
Lord George Kapland
Miku Akayuki
simlanna

Oh my bad. Here let me reword it for you:

You're entitled to some s**t that the US government never had any authority to regulate, besides in the terms of interstate commerce, until some uppity a*****e in 1932 decided that the country wasn't good enough for him, and bumrushed a law to help "stimulate our economy" that's funding was never to be used on anything except for the program itself.

But in the 1940's congress said ******** that and started regulating funds from that program into other projects, which made it a huge money sink...

But you're entitled to it, because you're whiny.

Because the government has basic things it owes us. Education, for one. Free legal representation. A police/fire department. Mail service. Etc.

Remember, the government works for us. So it's about time we started getting our money's worth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff