Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Raider

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
I'm 16 and my period lasted for 10 days.
What.
The.
Am I dying?
I am being completely serious, someone help me.

Lonely Creature

10,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Buggin' 500
I'm 16 too and no, I don't think so. I've had a period that lasted 10 days too

Generous Friend

8,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
Well I'm a guy so I wouldn't know

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
If it lasts more than 10 days and keeps going, you should probably go to the doctor or a hospital. I've almost bled to death before because I was bleeding for almost 2 weeks.

If it's stopped then yeah, it's normal. You just had a heavy period.

Dedicated Ladykiller

12,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hygienic 200
I am so sorry emotion_0A0
maybe you should talk to your doctor and get a papsmear.

Wheezing Plague

No, you're not. Periods can vary in length and strength, especially when you're younger.

It can also vary if you're stressed, or if you've been eating new things or done more or less exercise.

As long as you aren't experiencing any other discomfort than the regular period ones, you are fine.

Wealthy Hoarder

No. I've been known for mine to last three months. Yes three months. Finally went to the doctor and found out I had PCOS.

Point? Worried go to your doctor.
nah. i've experienced having mine for that long and sometimes longer too so you probably just have a heavy flow this month. but of course, you should probably see a doctor if it stays heavy for a longer amount of time, as the others have said.

Lavish Cyclops

11,500 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I think it can last that much.. but have you noticed the amount decreasing? If its still heavy flow and hasnt stopped then you should see a doctor
my mom told me hers lasted for nearly two weeks once, shes still alive

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
No? Well, I can't be too sure, I'm not a doctor...yet. But anyway, you're young, periods tend to be irregular in adolescence. You might consider a gynecologist. I suffered through metrorrhagia at one point (a light, intermittent flow) between cycles about 4 years ago. I was diagnosed with high levels of testosterone and hirsutism (I know, gross), which may be linked to PCOS. We're honestly not really sure, so I see an endocrinologist in addition to a gynecologist. I was treated with birth control, which really did help, except for the hairiness. sweatdrop Then my mom read about triclosan raising testosterone levels in animals, and decided I should avoid it. Knock on wood, but my periods and testosterone levels have been pretty regular since avoiding most triclosan.

Dedicated Wolf

10,550 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Hay, you're young, so it will vary, one thing to consider is if it was late? Sometimes those late ones will last longer. And was it a lot each day or a little/normal? A lot could be concerning, but if it seemed to be a little every day then yea. That may also be about you're normal amount of days depending how young you've been having them and all that good stuff. I only last about 6-7 days, with with my family is "long" but with my friend's family it's "short", that may have something to do with it to. But if it's choppy or last more than 10 days I'd go ahead and go in, or of course if you're really concerned about it. Also, have you told your mom, or a trusted adult? They can help you a lot more because they know you. Also, if you're not super concerned and you have a normal wellness check-up soon you can ask your doctor. If you feel lightheaded or faint or anything like that go in immediately as it may be due to blood loss... I hope this helps now, and future reference.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff