Welcome to Gaia! ::

so, ever since i was little, right around the time it started getting warm, i started being almost entirely incapable of eating and sleeping.as you can imagine, this is...hell. i haven't noticed this problem in anyone else. Its the heat that does it. and since its already been warm for a few days, and i dont want to go through this another summer, but i don't want to go to a doctor unless i have to, i ask you good citizens of the health & fitness forum, have any of you encountered this problem? how do you fix it? ftr, if this doesnt make sense, let me know, ill try to fix it.

Friendly Citizen

hm..not really sure what you mean here. Are there any other symptoms that arise during warm weather for you?
Perhaps expand more on each of the motions you go through when you feel incapable of eating and sleeping. Any headaches, nausea, etc?

You could eat with a fan in the room/kitchen or have the AC on when you eat so that it's not uncomfortable. I do understand the sleeping part though since I know I can't sleep when it's really humid and hot. I do, however, end up sleeping in my basement and it helps a lot.
Death Before Dish0nor
hm..not really sure what you mean here. Are there any other symptoms that arise during warm weather for you?
Perhaps expand more on each of the motions you go through when you feel incapable of eating and sleeping. Any headaches, nausea, etc?

You could eat with a fan in the room/kitchen or have the AC on when you eat so that it's not uncomfortable. I do understand the sleeping part though since I know I can't sleep when it's really humid and hot. I do, however, end up sleeping in my basement and it helps a lot.

we have fans on constantly as soon as it gets warm. and i guess the only other uh... 'symptom' would be nausea at the sight/smell of food... everything else is completely normal for me.

Friendly Citizen

masters-slavegirl
Death Before Dish0nor

we have fans on constantly as soon as it gets warm. and i guess the only other uh... 'symptom' would be nausea at the sight/smell of food... everything else is completely normal for me.

ah..sounds a bit like a psychological thing. Do you actively think about how 'gross' the food is in warm weather and how 'gross' the smell is? Because what happens is..when you attach a negative thought to something- it will ultimately correspond to how your body reacts. But I do understand that warm weather tends to kind of..intensify the smell of whatever is.
My advise for you would be to ..and I know how easier said than done it can be but..try to not think about the smell and sight. Just think of it like.. oh I'm hungry and that looks good and I could use something to fill up my belly because of how hungry I am. I know it sounds silly but try it and see how it works out for you. : )

Let me know too- an update if you will. Again, think about the delicious taste and how the food is good for you [assuming that it's healthy stuff-fruits and vegs etc] and just try to bring in as many positive thoughts to what you're eating so that it doesn't seem as uncomfortable as it is.
Death Before Dish0nor
masters-slavegirl
Death Before Dish0nor

ah..sounds a bit like a psychological thing. Do you actively think about how 'gross' the food is in warm weather and how 'gross' the smell is? Because what happens is..when you attach a negative thought to something- it will ultimately correspond to how your body reacts. But I do understand that warm weather tends to kind of..intensify the smell of whatever is.
My advise for you would be to ..and I know how easier said than done it can be but..try to not think about the smell and sight. Just think of it like.. oh I'm hungry and that looks good and I could use something to fill up my belly because of how hungry I am. I know it sounds silly but try it and see how it works out for you. : )

Let me know too- an update if you will. Again, think about the delicious taste and how the food is good for you [assuming that it's healthy stuff-fruits and vegs etc] and just try to bring in as many positive thoughts to what you're eating so that it doesn't seem as uncomfortable as it is.

hmm, thats possible. i dont actively think about it though, but i will definitely try that. i don't get very hungry, or very often though, but when i do, i will definitly try that. thank you. and i will update.

Friendly Citizen

masters-slavegirl

hmm, thats possible. i dont actively think about it though, but i will definitely try that. i don't get very hungry, or very often though, but when i do, i will definitly try that. thank you. and i will update.

Awesome stuff.
All the best, luv.
& Thanks for keeping me posted.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
If you're serious about what happens, you should see a doctor. razz
Lady Kayura

i actually intended on doing so, if it persists too much longer
Sounds like a thermoregulation issue. How are you in the winter?
Science_Legend
asthma attacks galore. generally sluggish.
masters-slavegirl
Science_Legend
Yeah definitely see a doctor and make sure you mention how you feel especially during the temperature changes like in Summer and Winter.
Science_Legend
masters-slavegirl
Science_Legend
Yeah definitely see a doctor and make sure you mention how you feel especially during the temperature changes like in Summer and Winter.

i will do that!! thank you!!!

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
masters-slavegirl
Lady Kayura

i actually intended on doing so, if it persists too much longer

It has persisted since you were "little". And that's not long enough? surprised
Lady Kayura