Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gyms are expensive here and when I join, I only go once a month so it really doesn't work for me. There's not enough space at home either to put equipment in or room to exercise with a work out DVD.

So from the 1st of September I started my 10,000 steps a day and the only hot beverage I've been drinking is green tea which I believe is having some slimming effects! I'm seeing some weight loss and its only day 6! Also, I still eat what I used to but in slightly smaller portions.

Just wanted to share that even though I haven't even weighed myself yet.

So in July I was 10 stones / 64Kg = BMI of 25. In August I fasted (religious reasons) but lost 3kg.
Since September I've been logging my progress (see below).

Just incase anyone's wondering, 10 000 steps:
= almost 4 miles
= 2.6 hours of walking
= burns about 200-300 (depends on speed but every step is worth something!)

So I:
Walk to work,
Go to the mall by public transport but visit almost every store..works!
Walk to homes of friends
Walk up and down my room while playing games on my phone or when listening to music
And chores!

Rules are, don't sit down and avoid other means of travelling unless its a must. And make sure to keep busy on your feet and if your day job requires you to sit, then walk to work and take a longer route to get there to complete the steps!

What you will need is a pedometer / or an app like Walkstar.

Btw, *hands you a cuppa green tea*.
Happy walking!

Edit: Logging my progress... Start weight: 61.3kg

Week 1: 72,568 steps; burned 1945 Cals; Weight: NA

Week 2: 42,396 steps; burned 1163.7 Cals; Weight: 61.3kg; I SNACKED AND SLACKED!

Week 3: 74,030 steps; burned 1995.7 Cals; Weight: 60.9kg. (Btw, heard of RMR?! Calculated mine & I need to stick to a Cal intake of 1353-1556 to lose weight healthily. Lower = starv.mode, Higher = I will gain weight.)
Week 4: loading... (Atm, picking the lowest calorie options, e.g. sandwhiches without Mayo, and still water.) Weight: 59.5kg

Friendly Businessman

7,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
YES, I have done this myself. Only difference I was walking on a treadmill maintaining a speed of 3mph for one hour every day, on days when i'm feeling really good i would do an extra hour. It worked great for me because it was an exercise that didn't make me feel like complete s**t the next day, minor soreness at worst and if anything i felt even better. It's something I have to get back into because I recently quit smoking and it severely damaged my lung capacity.

Friendly Lunatic

5,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Awesome sauce. Its always nice to notice people being healthy and making a change.

Friendly Friend

9,550 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Crack Shot 50
This is really cool! I hope you can continue this throughout the year. I live in the Northeast US, so I know that come winter, it might be a bit tougher to be walking around that much outside...maybe renting snowshoes could be an option... ninja
TheTicketMan
YES, I have done this myself. Only difference I was walking on a treadmill maintaining a speed of 3mph for one hour every day, on days when i'm feeling really good i would do an extra hour. It worked great for me because it was an exercise that didn't make me feel like complete s**t the next day, minor soreness at worst and if anything i felt even better. It's something I have to get back into because I recently quit smoking and it severely damaged my lung capacity.
3mph is quite fast walking, I only manage about 2.4!
And feeling s**t is really demotivating which is why I've given up on all the mediocre to hard core exercise. Walking is amazing enough. Agree with you completely. Hope that lung of yours gets better and be glad you've stopped the smoking. It's a killer. :/
MetalCelerity
Awesome sauce. Its always nice to notice people being healthy and making a change.
Yup, glad to be one of those people - finally!
MoonlitShadow87
This is really cool! I hope you can continue this throughout the year. I live in the Northeast US, so I know that come winter, it might be a bit tougher to be walking around that much outside...maybe renting snowshoes could be an option... ninja

Haven't put much thought into that just yet! Forgot winters around the corner. Ill probably start walking indoors a lot more, shopping malls are still an option for me, as daft as it sounds. Ill probably have to jog to stay warm when outdoors which I think I'll manage with all the strength I might.. building in my legs from all the power walks ... And with Timbaland boots winter walks might just be doable. >.<
I was doing this from March to August, right before I injured my knee (I was too stubborn to stretch before a burpee and REGRET).

I did lose about 20 pounds in that timeframe though. I likely would have lost more if I hadn't cheated so much with what I ingested, but oh well. Even if you have a small space, backonpointe.tumblr.com has a good list of exercises for those with limited space. I've definitely used a couple in my room.

Fashionable Shopper

Cool and great job. emotion_brofist

Fortunately, my school has a gym so I can go there free to work out.

I also drink green tea but I only drink it about once a week. One time I drank it too much and it really didn't affect me.

Another thing you can try is cayenne pepper and other spices. They help boost your metabolism also. emotion_c8

Fairy

I love green tea ♥ ( I actually drink it everyday)

It has lots of healing benefits for the body. Other than it being good towards weight loss, it's also a good anti aging fighter, has antioxidants, and can boost your metabolism. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff