Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aren't you sick of people who say that the horse does all of the work?

Wheezing Fatcat

Pssh. Those people have obviously never tried to post - it's kind of like saying that a bicycle does all the work for cyclists. I haven't ridden in years but I'm trained in English saddle and remember being really sore in my back and thighs if I practiced after taking a vacation from lessons for even a week.
Thank you!
At the beginning of my senior year in high school, a girl publicly asked the teacher why horseback riding was an olympic sport. I let her have a very strong explanation. I prefer English saddle over anything, and once I get back to work I'm going to buy one of my friend's saddles and start taking lessons again. It's one of my favorite things.

Wheezing Fatcat

Ahh, she must have had no clue how hard it is to control a 1,500 pound animal with a sharp mind of its own while trying to keep your back fully erect and legs tight!

I would love to get back into it should I suddenly come into some free time. And money. The lack of funds were why I had to quit in the first place - I mastered all the gaits and basic jumping after a few years, but showjumping and dressage were both too expensive for me to maintain. Boo!

Dapper Swapper

They've obviously never been my inner thighs mad
piparminttukaramelli
Ahh, she must have had no clue how hard it is to control a 1,500 pound animal with a sharp mind of its own while trying to keep your back fully erect and legs tight!

I would love to get back into it should I suddenly come into some free time. And money. The lack of funds were why I had to quit in the first place - I mastered all the gaits and basic jumping after a few years, but showjumping and dressage were both too expensive for me to maintain. Boo!

I worked for my lessons. I have a strength problem so I wasn't able to get as far as most people in two years. I could only canter smoothly on a smooth horse, and my back muscles were giving me such a problem that even that was difficult. I'm going to college for equine science next fall, and hopefully I'll be more capable when I ride with it's equestrian teams.

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
piparminttukaramelli
Pssh. Those people have obviously never tried to post - it's kind of like saying that a bicycle does all the work for cyclists. I haven't ridden in years but I'm trained in English saddle and remember being really sore in my back and thighs if I practiced after taking a vacation from lessons for even a week.

Posting is pretty hard to get perfect, especially when your mom is a professional emo

I prefer English as well c:

Melodious Genius

4,100 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Divine Moment of Truth
They've obviously never been my inner thighs mad

Exactly.

I haven't rode for years, and as much as I want to get back into horses (space and financially that isn't possible at this point in time), I dread the soreness that comes from 5+ years of not riding. I think I'd get right back into it, but I would hate my life the next morning.

6,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Hahaha yeah when you ride again after ages basically everything hurts razz I've had days where I could barely walk after a month without riding! And it's not just lower body either.
And then there's the mental aspect when you have to try and control the animal as well as being constantly aware of any dangers around you!
But part of my issue comes with having a lazy horse that doesn't get worked very often so she can be rather stubborn. Definitely not a beginner horse, that girl razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff