Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Punching Bag

I hope it does. Anyways, some background on me:

I'm 17, female-to-male transgender, struggling with MDD. I have seen two therapists, though I need to see the second soon. I have not seen him since the first visit due to a 9-day hospitalization. I am currently on 10mg fluoxetine (I'm pretty sure I misspelled that). Uh... what else do I need... I think that's it for now.

So, I was just doing pretty well, post-hospitalization. I've been out for a month today, but I'm kinda getting in a rut again. I have a hard time opening up to my parents. I've always had a hard time with it. I feel so useless, like the worst boyfriend I can possibly be. My boyfriend is soon heading to a psychological evaluation (he's suicidal, depressed, and a self-harmer, just like me), because he went to the counselor and gave him a note. I feel so worthless because I can't be there to do anything. Now, before you belittle me, I live 400 miles away from him, he and I don't care that there's distance between us, it isn't stopping us. I have met him in person before, and my dad was with me both times. Anyways, I'm just struggling with this situation. Any advice? Anything funny, interesting, whatever is appreciated. I need some distractions.

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
While, yes, this would be the place to post this kind of topic, I am not sure if there is anyone, aside from other people with MDD, who could give you legitimate advice. Mental health is just as important, if not more, as physical health. The best advice I can give at the moment is to just talk. Talk to anyone, especially your boyfriend. It may be scary to open up to others, but once you do, it'll be worth it.

Versatile Tactician

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Mental health is still health. Read the words before asking obvious things

Demonic Punching Bag

slapthefatcat2
While, yes, this would be the place to post this kind of topic, I am not sure if there is anyone, aside from other people with MDD, who could give you legitimate advice. Mental health is just as important, if not more, as physical health. The best advice I can give at the moment is to just talk. Talk to anyone, especially your boyfriend. It may be scary to open up to others, but once you do, it'll be worth it.

I wasn't sure because I didn't see anything in the guidelines for mental health. It seemed to be centered around physical health and fitness. Thank you though. I can't talk to my boyfriend at all at the moment. I'm not getting any responses from him, so I seriously hope that he has been admitted, but when given the chance... I'll talk to him. Thank you.

Veingar
Mental health is still health. Read the words before asking obvious things

I realise that it's still health, but like I said, I wasn't sure. It wasn't mentioned anywhere in the guidelines for this forum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff