Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,625 Points
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
Is it possible for me to know that I'm depressed but I don't know why? I've been researching about some symptoms for mental depression and I've been experiencing most of it. But there's a problem, I can't find a reason why. I know this sounds crazy but I want this to stop. I can't focus and I have no one to talk to right now. Please, help me.

Wheezing Noob

You should go to your doctor.
When I was depressed, my doctor put me on medication. Ever since I started taking it, my thoughts and moods have improved greatly. 3nodding

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Yes, it's possible for there not to be a specific reason, but it's rare. The post about seeing your doctor is good, but I would also recommend seeing a therapist, at least for a consultation, to see if they can unearth anything that you haven't thought of. The less you rely on medication, the better. Often times people (even those with serious issues) can overcome depression simply by adjusting the way that they think.
It is completely ok for you to not know why you are depressed.

Most people are able to overcome depression without seeking medical help (finding a hobby, starting new activities, friends etc) and many, many people go through periods of depression at one point or another.

If you do go on medication, it will help your mood when you take it, but is a temporary fix. Its meant to eliminate the symptoms so that you can resolve the cause of your depression or in severe cases to stop you from hurting yourself.

If you feel that you have no one to talk to, find a doctor or a counselor might be best!
All of the above!
Also, try not to be alone, go hang out with some friends or something.
If you wanna chat feel free to message me. heart

RennzzzZ's Husband

Friendly Informer

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Tsukunez
Is it possible for me to know that I'm depressed but I don't know why? I've been researching about some symptoms for mental depression and I've been experiencing most of it. But there's a problem, I can't find a reason why. I know this sounds crazy but I want this to stop. I can't focus and I have no one to talk to right now. Please, help me.

Although some illnesses and medications cause insomnia, most sleep problems can be traced to anxiety, depression, or other emotional concerns. Clinical depression is an illness, not a state of mind. Unlike the feelings of sadness accompanying a major loss, such as the death of a loved one or loss of a Job, clinical depression is all-pervasive, unrelieved, and disruptive of family life, work and normal routines.

• Recognize the symptoms of depression: persistent feeling of sadness, anxiety, irritability, worthlessness or hopelessness; loss of interest in ordinarily pleasurable activities; fatigue and sleep disturbances; change in appetite or significant weight change; difficulty concentrating and making decisions; crying, and thoughts of suicide or dying. If you experience four or more of these symptoms for two weeks, seek treatment.

Overcoming the Blues:

• Listen to music or read a poem that reminds you of happier times. Sometimes an old movie, an amusing book, or a favorite song help you brings back smile. heart

• Keep yourself, especially around holidays, when your sad schedule a visit with friends, a trip to a museum, a night at the movies, or a day at a shopping mall.

• Volunteer to help out at the local community organization. Helping a child to learn to read or talking with an elderly person can help you feel positive about yourself and take your mind off your own problems.

If you have any question, feel free to ask. Hope I help. 3nodding
i hate being depressed :c

Greedy Consumer

4,700 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Consumer 100
Find hobbies, hang out with people, don't seclude yourself, visit the docter, visit a therapist or counselor. The depression may be deeper back to your past which is causing you to suffer from childhood experiences and events. It's a conflict that needs to be resolved. Exercising also helps because it makes you feel better. It's better than stuffing yourself with cookies, chocolates, and comfort food. biggrin

Fluffy Warlord

10,500 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
I'm on medication, but sometimes it just can't help.. My mood has increased since I started on it, a few years ago.. But because of my lonely lifestyle, the stress grows every day just gets bottled.
Then, at times like this, that bottle just bursts open and I can't stop crying. Someone, someone hug me.. Make me happy..
Yes. This is exactly my case. Not to say that I haven't had some traumatic experiences in the past, but nothing that would specifically cause me to be in a constant state of depression for the past 10 years. Medicine completely takes away any feelings of depression that I have. That's why I know it works - when I'm off the medicine, I always have this awful, sinking feeling in my heart. On the medicine, that feeling is completely gone, and I have no suicidal thoughts or anything. Plus, my social anxiety is alleviated.

Medicine doesn't always work for everyone, but it works for me. I suggest you see a psychiatrist.

6,625 Points
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
Thanks guys! : )

Dapper Ladykiller

I've been on prozac for about 6 months, and it has greatly improved my day-to-day. My depression wasn't awful, but it would come and go in waves unannounced. I would lay in bed crying for six hours without any real emotion flowing through me, and would take about 2 days to recover. That all has stopped now, but I haven't had any problems losing my emotions. I still get sad, I still get happy and excited. Its not so bad. Since my depression wasn't a daily occurence, things like music and hobbies didn't really click with me.

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Yes, you can know you become depressed, but not know why. That is depression for you. It also happens a lot from hormonal imbalances during puberty (I don't know you age, so I'm suggesting this, you write like you're older). I suggest going to a doctor. Even a regular doctor. Your regular doctor can send you to a professional and would know better than yourself who to go to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff