Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Genius

I'd like to gather information on birth control. Yes, I am currently reading about it and doing research. But I want some incite from people who have taken it or is currently taking it.

I have some questions to, if you would be so kind as to answer.
- How often did you take the pill?
- Did you take it at about the same time?
- How big are the pills?
- How has it affect your body?
- Would combining it with condoms significantly make me less likely to get pregnant?
- Any other methods I should use to prevent pregnancy?

Thanks heart
I'm open for convo! 3nodding

I took Zarah, the generic form of Yaz.

I took it everyday, with a week of placebo pills (where I had my period)

I took it at the same time everyday, within an hour. Required for it to be effective.

The pills are tiny little suckers. Easy to lose if you drop them.

I took it for regulation of my hormone imbalance, and to help with period symptoms (PMDD, a serious form of PMS).

You should always use condoms even when taking birth control, as birth control does not protect against STDs. Using condoms in conjunction with birth control is a very good idea because neither are 100% effective at preventing pregnancy, but if one fails, the other may protect you.

Dapper Ladykiller

Every day, except for one month I was on nuvaring. Not recommended for the first BC you may ever be on
Yep! I dont have a set schedule, but always within three hours of the last days dose.
- How big are the pills?
Absolutely tiny. Smaller than an ibuprofen
It depends on the pill. Ive been on 7 different kinds now, but I have a hormonal imbalance due to PCOS and I have had all kinds of side effects. Yaz makes me pee, Sprintec makes me spacey and horny, nortrel gave me two smaller periods instead of one large one, nuvaring made me nuts, etc etc.
- Would combining it with condoms significantly make me less likely to get pregnant?
Not significantly! Birth control, when used PROPERLY (every day, same time, no missed pills) has a 99.9% accuracy
Only if you don't want to use BC! Condoms, IUDs, theres a slew of them out there.
I take 3 months of packs and then take the sugar pulls for 7 days to have a period. The doctor says this is fine and can even take it 4 months at a time if I like.

Kind of.. I try.. I take it anywhere from 6pm to 2am (I KNOW, I'M SO BAD, I HAVE AN ALARM TO REMIND ME AND EVERYTHING) but I'm not pregnant so something about it is working.

- How big are the pills?
Very small. I don't even take them with water. I just put them in my mouth and swallow.

It hasn't. It's made my period cramps much less painful though. I use to get really severe cramps until I started on the pill 3 or so years ago.

Of course! But remember only condoms prevent STDs.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with. You can get the rod, the patch, there's lots of things but I forget their names. Talk to the doctor about it and see what you'd be most comparable with. For maximum effect, use condoms too.
I don't take the pill.
I have done nuvaring depo and now I have a copper IUD.
My bf and I use spermicide condoms and iud because I become a parinod freak if I think I'm prego.

Nuvaring is 3 weeks in 1 week out. Made me depressed and gave me hypothyroidism.

Depo is 3 months. Major headaches and spotting for 2 months.

Iud last 10 years no hormones but heavier periods.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff