Welcome to Gaia! ::

Animal Animal

I recently started on Welbutrin, which causes a decreased appetite. Now I don't feel like eating anything. I'm not getting enough calories each day, but I'm about twenty pounds overweight, so maybe that's a good thing? If I don't eat enough, what will happen to my metabolism?
Depends! How many calories are you getting per day? Severe undereating can cause problems even for overweight individuals, but slight undereating shouldn't be an issue if you're getting enough protein, good fats and micronutrients.

And how tall are you? (20lbs overweight on a 6' 4" person is totally different than 20lbs overweight on a 5' person)

Animal Animal

I'm 5'2" - I used to eat around 1600 a day since I was trying to lose weight. Yesterday I wasn't able to eat at all - the thought made me nauseous. Today I'm going to try to eat more.
We're the same height! biggrin And probably of comparable weight too.

I'd say you should be eating at LEAST 1250 per day, with a minimum of 70g of protein (preferably 100+g). More calories if you work out or have an active lifestyle (e.g. on your feet most of the day, lift/ carry heavy stuff, etc). How about drinking your calories if you can't eat them? Fruit juice, protein shakes, etc. Would that be easier for you?

Coldstone's fudge shake (the large size) has more than 1300 calories in it burning_eyes Only 24g of protein, though.

Animal Animal

Great suggestion! Drinks would be easier to stomach

Wheezing Plague

Try getting some fluid foods into your body, they're easier to stomach if you're feeling like that. It doesn't have to be a lot, just a little bit to keep your stomach working.

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
your metabolism might crash and actually hold onto all the weight it can get. to increase your hunger id suggest fruits/veggies because theyre healthy.
you couldl have some of my appetite :blush:
wellbutrin doesnt decrease appetite that much lmao im on wellbutrin now ...
its not like a stimulant where youre repulsed by food.. trust me, you can eat. you might just get fuller faster

Animal Animal

Oxecta
wellbutrin doesnt decrease appetite that much lmao im on wellbutrin now ...
its not like a stimulant where youre repulsed by food.. trust me, you can eat. you might just get fuller faster
It might just be because I'm nervous about taking my SATs tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff