Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
I ask because i've never considered myself underweight, i checked my BMI a few times in the past 2 month with about 5 separate calculators and the all round out to be around 17.6 and no higher.

But i've got flab under my arms, and i'm not like just saying it! I mean it!
I admit my legs are scronny and you can see some of my bones but..i just cant believe i'm underweight...

My question is, should i try and gain the weight up to maybe 21 BMI (approximately 57kg)
Where as i'm like 100.6 (45kg)

That seems like alot of weight to gain but i'm willing to try

And how do you gain weight anyways..is it just eating junk or can you exercise too

Tipsy Man-Lover

You need to try to gain muscle because there's excess space in your skin in those flabby areas. I have the same problem because I once weighed around three hundred pounds and lost over a hundred of it through huge amounts of cardio. Eat lots of protein and lift weights. ;D

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
Ethicus Tangere
You need to try to gain muscle because there's excess space in your skin in those flabby areas. I have the same problem because I once weighed around three hundred pounds and lost over a hundred of it through huge amounts of cardio. Eat lots of protein and lift weights. ;D

Thanks!

Can you suggest a type of exercise..do you think swiming would do the trick? Or would i need more than that.

And yeah, i've got the weight down

4,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
"Skinny Fat"

Yes, you can be fat and skinny at the same time.

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Yes, BMI measures averages. It does not count in muscle mass. A muscular person may register as severely overweight, but will be perfectly healthy, yet a muscle-lacking, chubby person may register as underweight. The point is, you need to gain some muscle via strength training, which will also cause you to tone up, losing fat. BTW 5 lbs of muscle is much more compact than 5 lbs of fat.

Simple: Strength train, eat healthy. You will gain muscle and lose fat. If you eat junk you will get fat rather than having a nice, toned body.
Queen Fool
"Skinny Fat"

Yes, you can be fat and skinny at the same time.

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
Thank you!!!

It's really just the arms and people would say "No dude they arent fat"
But they lie...
So weights for like a year maybe?

I cant eat meat so would protein bars help?

and i can still do my daily exercise right? I wont lose anymore weight right?

Magnetic Lunatic

Like the arms and hamstring, flabbiness is due to atrophy/inactivity of the muscle tissue. Yus, I agree with fellow gaians on exercising and piling up the proteins instead of carbs and fats.

Ursine Comrade

Holy as The Forgiven Sin
Thank you!!!

But they lie...

Keep on doing the weights, because if you stop, well you'll just end up wasting that year. Keeping one's body in shape is a lifetime ordeal.

Protein bars are okay, but they use collagen as filler, which isn't the most well absorbed protein you can have. If you want bigger bang for your buck, buy protein powders and mix your own shakes. 3nodding

Do cardio to keep your heart healthy, but I wouldn't recommend doing more cardio than strength training if your goal is to gain lean mass. Maybe something like 4 days strength/3 days cardio or 5/2.
exercising and protein in your diet should do the trick 3nodding

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
You need to tone, you will be flabby if you don't do toning exercise or exercise in general. This will also help you gain weight.

Tipsy Man-Lover

Holy as The Forgiven Sin
Ethicus Tangere

Thanks!

Can you suggest a type of exercise..do you think swiming would do the trick? Or would i need more than that.

Swimming is good. Also, do lots of things that target your core, lower abs, and side abs (forgot the name?)

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
Ethicus Tangere
Holy as The Forgiven Sin
Ethicus Tangere

Thanks!

Swimming is good. Also, do lots of things that target your core, lower abs, and side abs (forgot the name?)

I dont have a problem with those regions
I have a mini pack which i'm proud of whee

but i understand what you mean, thank you!!

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Holy as The Forgiven Sin
Thank you!!!

But they lie...

They may say you aren't fat but you should follow that up with "am I flabby" or "am I toned" and see what they say.

No, not just a year. For the rest of your life. Stop doing the weights and any flabbiness you get rid of will come back.

Protein helps muscle build, you can eat more in your diet or a supplement. Doesn't matter either way which you choose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff