Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I'm 26 and I'm 5 foot tall. I weigh 110 pounds. I have a 7 year old child so I'm always busy. I wear a 12 to 14 in girls. I can't wear women's clothes. They are way too big. My doc told me I have the body of a 12 year old.

A friend told me most women in America are a 14 in women's size. I was shocked to hear that but checked it out and found out she was right.

I feel like a tiny fish in a big ocean. My husband is just shy of 6 feet but that doesn't really bother me.

Am I off in thinking I am that much smaller than most women?
Humans come in all shapes and sizes. Don't feel super duper different. I am the same height but 165-170 and a 12-16 in women's.

Wheezing Fatcat

Interesting. I'm 5'0" and around 105 lbs and I can wear size 1 - 3 clothes in juniors just fine. I can't wear most women's clothes, though, unless they come in XXS. It makes finding business clothes difficult for sure.

But yeah, women and people from the US tend to be larger in general than people from other nations, and our clothes sizing system is also different. When I lived in South America, our small was like their medium, and our medium was their large, and so on.
Well, with the prevalence of obesity in America combined with you being under the average height for women, which is 5'4", you are definitely smaller than most women.

I'm 5'1", 98 lbs. At 22 years old I'm at the same weight that I was when I was 12. I can fit girls sizes just like you, but XS in women's works okay too for the most part, as long as the brand is geared towards teenagers. I'm petite but I don't feel smaller than average among my peers. Most of the people in my classes (I'm a university student) are my size or even a bit leaner. I don't feel like a "tiny fish" at all, but I guess how you feel depends on the sort of people you're around. You're probably around other mothers quite a bit, who are likely a bit older than you and heavier than women who are not parents of young children.
dragonslord8o

A friend told me most women in America are a 14 in women's size. I was shocked to hear that but checked it out and found out she was right.

Most of Americans are either obese or overweight (like me redface ) your size is fine. If you're healthy at the size you are now, than you're healthy and you're the right size. So, don't worry about it. Quite frankly, its the rest of the country that needs to change their size, not you.
dragonslord8o
I'm 26 and I'm 5 foot tall. I weigh 110 pounds. I have a 7 year old child so I'm always busy. I wear a 12 to 14 in girls. I can't wear women's clothes. They are way too big. My doc told me I have the body of a 12 year old.

I feel like a tiny fish in a big ocean. My husband is just shy of 6 feet but that doesn't really bother me.

Am I off in thinking I am that much smaller than most women?

Trust me, I know how you feel, only my issues are slightly different. (For the record, I'm female IRL, and also slightly overweight and from America lol...) I'm 21, but I'm not even 4'10"! So at least you're taller than me. Unfortunately, I can only wear women's clothes because girl's shirts don't fit Ds and I have a fat butt sweatdrop Which means that everything that fits around me is too long! Glad to hear that I'm not alone though, at least as far as height is concerned! Short people rule! mrgreen

Aged Bunny

Average sizing for women to me are; sizes 6-8 for dresses or pants, or in womens jeans, sizes 27-30. It all depends.

Bashful Gekko

No o_o I think that's normal for your height 3nodding

I'm 114 pounds and am 5'3. I wear size 8, you'd probably be about the same, size 6-8 (your countries sizes are probably different from here sweatdrop ) I think here the average size is 8-10...

People tell me i'm toooooo skinny stare a lot of people don't seem to recoginise what average is. Although I guess that is due to the fact that in this day of age the average size is becoming much larger no offence to anyone sweatdrop so don't worry :]
Back when i was young Size 9 was the AVERAGE size
I think any size above a 13 is FAT ,I know this because at a size 9 I am perfect being 5'3" 125lb, and at a size 14 , 16 i am a whale at 195lbs , jelly rolls everywhere

Newbie Noob

900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
You're okay, don't worry about it.

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
I'm at 135-140, granted, there's a lot of muscle weight
and I wear size 7-8 since my hips are huge

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
You're a bit smaller, which is a good thing. The average size has gone up a bit too much for good health. I'm 5'4 and 115 and fit in a juniors 2/3 or womens 0, so I can see how it would be pretty hard to find womens clothes. I suggest petite sections. Macy's has a decent section for it, especially INC brand. As most petites clothes are older or boring but INC has much more trendy things than other brands. (I used to work for INC but not petites.)

Shirtless Gawker

6,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Timid 100
  • Flatterer 200
I'm 5'1'', 119 pounds.

I'm hispanic so I have larger hips/bottom and chest, but my waist is small. For your size I'd say you're just very petite.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff