Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Turtle

Day One- Your stats

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 165lbs (Starting weight was 198 as Aug 2010)
Hips: 41"
Waist:36"
Bust:42"

First Measured back in Nov 2011 (Weight 173lb)
42"
38"
42"

I lost total 3 inches. and lost 8lbs. Blah.

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Five
(I missed several days so I'm making them up right now, I know that's not the point of the challenge... but oh well!)
---------------------
Why do you really want to lose this weight? Are you doing it for you?

I essentially want to lose weight because I'm sick of feeling uncomfortable about myself... I have already lost a sizeable portion of the weight I wanted to lose and can tell that it makes a huge difference in how I feel. I know if you compare how confident-and how much I liked myself for that matter-I was in November when I started, and now... it's incredibly different.

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Six
---------------------
Do you binge? If so, explain why you think you do.

No, but I see how someone would get into a cycle where they do. I know that I've recently gotten pretty healthy, and I don't want to screw that up at this point. Losing weight the healthy way... Woot!

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Seven
---------------------
Do your parents know you’re trying to lose weight? Do they care.

My mom knows, she's trying to lose weight too. She does care about my getting to my goal, but she doesn't really care about how it goes day-to-day... I can't really blame her, it's not like I track her weight loss day to day. My dad does nothing but exercise all day, and he doesn't live with me, so he's entirely unaffected by it.

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Eight
---------------------
Your workout routine.

Right now, I run three days a week. When I started running I did it in intervals that were 1 min running, and 1 minute walking so now I'm concentrating on changing it to all running. On the 1st day of the week that I run, I add 10 seconds to the interval of running and take away 10 from the walking (I'm at 1 min 20 secs running, 40 secs running right now). The 2nd time, I add an extra interval (I'm up to 8!). On the last day, I just do a run with the extra interval and extra time. I do the same thing the week after.

On the days in-between runs I do strength training, which includes some yoga and traditional exercises (push-ups, lunges, etc.)

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Nine
---------------------
Did people ever make comments about your weight in a negative way?

No, I honestly don't think people (close friends at least) thought I was that fat before I lost weight. Most likely because I dressed so that it drew attention away from my weight. When I tell them how much weight I've lost they're usually suprised because they didn't know I had that much to lose. It's probably because they were around me every day, though.

The most negative experience I've had regarding my weight has been with my aunt. Since 4th grade or so she's been telliing me I should lose weight... pinching belly fat. She's very skinny so whenever I do tell her anything regarding my weight loss she always makes comments like, "Oh, well I just feel bad for you because you must have the same metabolism I had when I was 45."

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Ten
---------------------
What was the hardest thing you gave up during this “weight loss?"

The ability to not worry about calories. I count calories now, and my friends will all gorge at lunch and snack during class and I'll just have to think to myself "you have a calorie budget, you'll eat something later." I know this won't be a problem once I get all the weight off, because my maintain weight budget is significantly higher than the one I must comply with to lose about 2 pounds every week. I guess it's a temporary problem... gives me something to look forward to.

Angelic Blob

Day Thirteen- Are you losing weight in a healthy or unhealthy way?
I am not sure.
I guess healthy, but there are times when I can not get all my servings in one day.

Day Twelve

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Eleven
---------------------
Your favorite thinspo blog and why!

I don't read blogs! However, I do watch the shayloss vlog on youtube so I'll still answer this question. I think it's just the fact that Shay to turn his life around, maybe even the sheer inspiration I get from looking at the stats about his weight loss... over 100 lbs in a relatively short amount of time! He also documented the entire thing on youtube, so it allows you to look at different stages in someone else's weight loss, and you go through them in your own.

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Twelve
---------------------
What do you normally eat?

I don't really have a set list of things that I eat regularly... I eat almost anything as long as it's in calorie budget. I do regularly eat Clif Bars at lunch (I have a box of White Chocolate Macadamia Nut downstairs right now... I think they're the best flavor haha), when I'm at home I'll sometimes have protein shakes instead. When I go to school, I have cereal in the morning. I often have dishes with chicken in them because its so low calorie, its sooo convient.

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Thirteen
---------------------
Are you losing weight in a healthy or unhealthy way?

Healthy. I eat relatively healthy, and I try to only lose about 2 pounds per week. I do eat fewer calories every day than recommended (1200), but not by much and only because the app "Lose It!" has given me that budget to meet the lose I want for this week. I'm probably going to change my goal to 1 1/2 pounds per week to be eatting enough every day- it's also just too difficult to maintain that limit. I sometimes eat very poorly on certain days, but I'll stay under budget... I would like to fix that as well.

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Day Fourteen
(last one, I'll be caught up after this!)
---------------------
What’s your UGW? When you expect to reach it?

(I'm assuming UGW is ultimate goal weight) I'd like to be 130, I'll probably want to be a bit lighter once I reach that number, however. I wouldn't expect it to take more than maybe 4 months to get there from where I am now... I need to lose about 20 lbs more, and it took me 4 months to lose the first 25.
Would love to hop in!

Day 1:

Height: 5'9
Weight: 180
Measurements: No idea... but its' on record somewhere ._.
Goal Weight: 130

Tipsy Fairy

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
Day Thirteen- Are you losing weight in a healthy or unhealthy way?
Healthy way.
Day 4- My greatest fears about weight loss...I am afraid that I will always have this bit of extra skin on my stomach where my baby was  

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff