Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Exhibitionist

The Chosen Captain
OW! Stop that, I bruise easily emotion_donotwant
There's been stories about Thor around for, like, 1500 years or so. That's why I needed you to specify. Marvel isn't very big around here. Heck, I haven't read any comics since I was 14-ish and manga was popular.
So he's appearing in a film now? Well, it'll probably not interest me. Peter Madsen's take on the æsir is the best I've seen up to date (now that's a good-looking Loke!), and no offence but Marvel seems a bit to obsessed with superheroes to make a good rendition of Scandinavian deities.
Ok, I did a google search on "marvel thor"
THE FOKK IS THAT?! THAT IS NO GOD!
That there has about as much resemblance to the Scandinavian god as Cullen has to real vampires talk2hand
He is BLOND.
The real thing is a REDHEAD.
And what's with the wings? He looks like Asterix on steroids.

Here, this is Tor and Loke
emotion_eyebrow

Eloquent Exhibitionist

The New Headmistress
Oh, tbh, I love the Thor and Loki from Marvel instead of the one you showed. XD
^This cat_3nodding

Gambino Gaian

Eh, I haven't heard of that film before and frankly, as a scandinav myself I have to agree with Captain this time - squishy wizard he is.

Thor should be a redhead and that blond prettyboy DOES look an awful lot like Asterix on steroids. They even have same ridiculous hat rofl

That said, Loke is one of my favourite mythological characters. The absolute trixter, there's just so much to love about him. Including, apparently, canon mpreg. With a horse and other beasts.

Then again, Thor had to crossdress to get his hammer back at one point.

I like our old gods heart

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
LOLOLOL , Vikings and their crazy gods O.O

Canon man preg....ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHERE IS THIS , I MUST READ ABOUT IT ! I MUST KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED!

Kittenclysm's Datemate

Sparkly Autobiographer

15,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Bookworm 100
Ran For My Life

Canon man preg....ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHERE IS THIS , I MUST READ ABOUT IT ! I MUST KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED!

Well, Loki here, and then I think there's a horse involved...and I don't remember. Google it.

Devoted Hunter

Today is my year 2 Gday. biggrin

Gambino Gaian

Ran For My Life

I read it from "Gods and Myths of Northern Europe" by H. R. Ellis Davidson, which sums up and evaluates the myths pretty neatly (these are, after all, old oral stories and they have been quite heavily bastardised over the years).

Now, Loke is perhaps most well-known for his magic and his ability to shapeshift (think of him as a metamorphmagus or an animagus with multiple choices of animals). When a giant was building a wall around Asgård Loke transformed into a mare and lured away the giant's horse - which had up 'til then aided the giant. According to Snorre* (who wrote down some of the old mythos) Loke - still shaped like a mare - gave birth to Oden's eight-feeted horse Sleipner.

He's also father (or possibly mother given the horse situation) to Fenrisulven (big bad wolf) and Midgårdsormen (really REALLY big sea snake) and the horrible goddess Hel, ruler of the land of the dead. Talk about messed up family...

The book I have at hand lists these as various forms he takes on:
Mare
Bird
Fly
Flea
Salmon
An Old Gammer
"Freja's feather raiment" (borrowed - probably means that he's a bird again)
Maybe a seal - the passage is admittedly odd and seems to be about him and Heimdall fighting as such.

*IMO, Snorre is a very unfortunate name. Sort of like being named d**k, but more childish.

Gambino Gaian

The New Headmistress

Happy gaiaversery! biggrin

Devoted Hunter

Thank you! biggrin

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The_Witch_Aryllia
Ran For My Life

I read it from "Gods and Myths of Northern Europe" by H. R. Ellis Davidson, which sums up and evaluates the myths pretty neatly (these are, after all, old oral stories and they have been quite heavily bastardised over the years).

Now, Loke is perhaps most well-known for his magic and his ability to shapeshift (think of him as a metamorphmagus or an animagus with multiple choices of animals). When a giant was building a wall around Asgård Loke transformed into a mare and lured away the giant's horse - which had up 'til then aided the giant. According to Snorre* (who wrote down some of the old mythos) Loke - still shaped like a mare - gave birth to Oden's eight-feeted horse Sleipner.

He's also father (or possibly mother given the horse situation) to Fenrisulven (big bad wolf) and Midgårdsormen (really REALLY big sea snake) and the horrible goddess Hel, ruler of the land of the dead. Talk about messed up family...

The book I have at hand lists these as various forms he takes on:
Mare
Bird
Fly
Flea
Salmon
An Old Gammer
"Freja's feather raiment" (borrowed - probably means that he's a bird again)
Maybe a seal - the passage is admittedly odd and seems to be about him and Heimdall fighting as such.

*IMO, Snorre is a very unfortunate name. Sort of like being named d**k, but more childish.

I see...that's all...Very interesting and shows to us that Loki has a severe case of Zoophilia O_O

Kittenclysm's Datemate

Sparkly Autobiographer

15,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Bookworm 100
The New Headmistress
Oh wow congrats lovely!
*goes off to find how long I've been a gaian*

Kittenclysm's Datemate

Sparkly Autobiographer

15,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Bookworm 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I wouldn't either. That's hilarious.

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The New Headmistress

Oh my god this is so late LOL

But your Gaia-younger than me xD HI I'M YOUR BIG POORER SISTER!

Devoted Hunter

xD No worries, I have other accounts back from way back when.

This is just my most successful account.

BUT HI BIG POORER SISTER. I SHALL SHARE MY WEALTH WITH YOU ONE DAY.

If I ever gain any. XD I'm on an impossible quest at the moment.

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The New Headmistress
xD No worries, I have other accounts back from way back when.

This is just my most successful account.

BUT HI BIG POORER SISTER. I SHALL SHARE MY WEALTH WITH YOU ONE DAY.

If I ever gain any. XD I'm on an impossible quest at the moment.

I SHALL REMAIN POOR UNTIL ETERNITY AND BEYOND!

LOL , I'm hopeless , 6 years and all I have is s**t emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces