Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jeering Smoker

I feel as if my childhood is basically coming to a close...I grew up with the books. Each year meant looking forward to the new book...The new movie. And now it's finally ending. The other series I grew up reading was Eragon, and the last book comes out this November. I'm 20 by the way. I turn 21 this November. Excuse me while cry in a corner as I say my final goodbyes to my childhood.

Shirtless Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I grew up with harry potter to but i also grew up with pokemon ,yu gi oh,Disney princesses , winnie the pooh and anyway pottermore comes out in the first of october. SO STOP BITCHING

Junior Werewolf

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
I wasn't allowed to read Harry Potter the vast majority of my childhood. Therefore, when the ban was lifted off my brothers and I, we didn't want to read it. We only got hooked when the first movie came on TV and nobody bothered to turn it off.
I so know how you feel! I'm only 13, but I was RAISED on Harry Potter movies. Hogwarts was my home-away-from-home when I watched those. I only read the books this year (it took me forever just to find the first book), but with the ending of the movies, I just feel... Hollow, you know?

Jeering Smoker

A Lock Without A Key
I grew up with harry potter to but i also grew up with pokemon ,yu gi oh,Disney princesses , winnie the pooh and anyway pottermore comes out in the first of october. SO STOP BITCHING

Hey bro. It's cool that you think you're edgy because think you can use cuss words, but you should learn to use those appropriatley before using them. For example, BITCHING, would imply that I was being nasty and crying when clearly I was expressing my sadness in a heartful manner. And with some humor thrown at the end if you actually cared to watch the youtube video or even understood it's humor. So go back to mommy while the grownups talk because someone CLEARLY has an attitude problem and needs to be put down for a nap. By the way, nice Engrish.

Also, I grew up those things too. Doesn't me I have every right to express some sadness that something I enjoyed as I growing up is ending.

So if you're done:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wealthy Businesswoman

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I feel u! I grew up with it too! From the middle of elementary school, through middle school, till the end of high school & now entering college this year. I feel like harry, finally growing up into the adult my parents always hoped I'd be! His story will be one I will be watching and reading over and over again for the rest of my life! *crys hysterically* crying crying crying crying
I first started reading, well was first exposed in the third grade...I loved the series. I read the first through second and some of the third. It basically took my life till I was in middle school. Hopefully, I can re-read them in highschool. So it will live on for me.

Dapper Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Radioactive Dragon
A Lock Without A Key

Hey bro. It's cool that you think you're edgy because think you can use cuss words, but you should learn to use those appropriatley before using them. For example, BITCHING, would imply that I was being nasty and crying when clearly I was expressing my sadness in a heartful manner. And with some humor thrown at the end if you actually cared to watch the youtube video or even understood it's humor. So go back to mommy while the grownups talk because someone CLEARLY has an attitude problem and needs to be put down for a nap. By the way, nice Engrish.

Also, I grew up those things too. Doesn't me I have every right to express some sadness that something I enjoyed as I growing up is ending.

So if you're done:

I think A Lock Without A Key is just a troll I saw him in another forum acting the same way.

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Well, I'm not as old as you, but I know how you feel about loosing my childhood along with the Harry Potter series. I wish J.K. Rowling would make another series under a fake name (so we could still get her awesome stories without worrying about being dissapointed).

5,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
Your childhood? the books are a never ending path of BS.

Partying Saint

10,850 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Nerd 50
Haha. I just posted my own thread about this. Harry Potter has had such a huge impact on my life.

Shirtless Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
HeartlessRagDoll
Radioactive Dragon
A Lock Without A Key

So if you're done:

I think A Lock Without A Key is just a troll I saw him in another forum acting the same way.
No i just like to be a cow.

Relentless Beast

Idk....My childhood ended when I was 15...(The release of the final book) The movie I guess is the same. But as long as there is a story to tell, it shall be listened/Read most indefinately. The movie is just a segway into another chance to find something new.

Aoreena's Compadre

Dapper Grabber

13,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
My childhood was bathed in magic when I got ahold of the Harry Potter series. whee

When I bought the first book at a scolastic book fair I recall not being into it at first, in fact, it actually took me months to finish it. And then the same thing happened with the second. BUT, just as I started growing older I found the books were becoming more and more interesting--I began to fly through them with an eagerness I've yet to match with another series. I cried pretty much through the entire seventh, and last, Harry Potter book. All in all, I've reread those books, even the ones that didn't grab me at first, many times, and love them all, so for me, Harry Potter will never die. heart The series itself is a treasure that I am very glad to have come across. They will always remain on my bookshelf. Their magic will continue to inspire me, and hopefully if I have kids one day, inspire them as well. I've seen all of the movies minus part 2 of the last book adaptation and to be honest, the movies are not what keep me coming back. I love them, the first two especially, but as they went on, I really began to nitpick them so, for me, if I had to choose, I'd pick the books over the films. The last film (part 1 anyway ) really blew me away. I loved it. heart I can't wait to see the second part and when I do, my childhood will remain intact, so I wouldn't let your's die. ;3 Let it continue to thrive--besides, the park will forever keep us fans happy, so don't go forgetting about that. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff