Skilled Businessman

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
Lady Blop
sar·casm........[sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
1.........harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2.........a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Origin:
1570–80; < Late Latin sarcasmus < Greek sarkasmós, derivative of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-

Related forms
su·per·sar·casm, noun

Synonyms
1.........sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony. 2. jeer.

Oh my, a copy paste of Wikipedia, that sure shows me up rolleyes I was merely developing upon your simian like mimickry doubtless very witty repartie, and answering to an asssumption that I have seen not only in this particular thread, but in several others as well.

I correctly assumed that you were not in earnest by reading your post-scriptum at the bottom of your post. No doubt in your triumph at seeing someone "take the bait" did you not take the time to properly read mine. But what is to expect from someone who uses text speech and calls is sarcasm?

Children, these days...
...Really?

Harry potter.

Tipsy Gekko

OlivierDeSillegue
Lady Blop
sar·casm........[sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
1.........harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2.........a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Origin:
1570–80; < Late Latin sarcasmus < Greek sarkasmós, derivative of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-

Related forms
su·per·sar·casm, noun

Synonyms
1.........sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony. 2. jeer.

Oh my, a copy paste of Wikipedia, that sure shows me up rolleyes I was merely developing upon your simian like mimickry doubtless very witty repartie, and answering to an asssumption that I have seen not only in this particular thread, but in several others as well.

I correctly assumed that you were not in earnest by reading your post-scriptum at the bottom of your post. No doubt in your triumph at seeing someone "take the bait" did you not take the time to properly read mine. But what is to expect from someone who uses text speech and calls is sarcasm?

Children, these days...

con·de·scen·sion........[kon-duh-sen-shuhn]...............................

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Twilight is like a speck of dust on the almighty diamond that is Harry Potter.

Twilight cannot compare.

Potterheads, hands down.

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Lady Blop
omg twilight i lluv it soooooooooooooo mufchhhh exclaim
harry potter is just copying twilight i mean srsly
both had dog guys named blackk thas not a coninceiden wink
an we had pattinson first so back offf xp xp
lol im team edwrd btw i luv him heart

Edit: Please, only quote me with an argument if you have no idea what the word "sarcasm" is. I'll be happy to explain.

I'll have you know Harry potter was published WAYY bef---

Oh, I thought you were being serious for a second. My mistake.

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Lady Blop
Bre_is_Awesome
Lady Blop
Bre_is_Awesome
Lady Blop

troll ^^^

No, everything I say is completely truthful and sincere. sad

so your telling me that you had no idea that Harry Potter was written years before Twilight was, so theres no way J.K. copied Stephanie Meyer?

I just think Twilight has a much deeper, meaningful story to tell than Harry Potter. And the quality of Meyer's writings is so much higher than Rowling's, and everything she rights about and every character involved fits together so well... And Bella is such a good role model for youth, especially teenage girls. Not to mention the beauty of her relationship with Edward... The mutual respect, humorous attitude, and involvement with all their family and friends... Brings me to tears. heart

Now I understand. You're making it hard for people to tell that you're being sarcastic.

I mean, reading this you sounded so serious that I myself wanted to give you a hard-lashing on the truth behind twilight.

You sound too serious, so sincere. You have no right to get pissed at people taking you seriously and insult them by putting the definition of the word you were oh-so-hardly trying to incorporate into your post.

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
X-Iloveyoumorethanlife-X
Hmm, I Say Twilight.. In My Opinion, Harry Potter Is Too Boring (: And Besides, Twilight Has Hot people :3

avada kedavra
HARRY POTTER! heart Twilight doesn't stand a chance.

Tipsy Gekko

La Chocolate Bliss
Lady Blop
Bre_is_Awesome
Lady Blop
Bre_is_Awesome
Lady Blop

troll ^^^

No, everything I say is completely truthful and sincere. sad

so your telling me that you had no idea that Harry Potter was written years before Twilight was, so theres no way J.K. copied Stephanie Meyer?

I just think Twilight has a much deeper, meaningful story to tell than Harry Potter. And the quality of Meyer's writings is so much higher than Rowling's, and everything she rights about and every character involved fits together so well... And Bella is such a good role model for youth, especially teenage girls. Not to mention the beauty of her relationship with Edward... The mutual respect, humorous attitude, and involvement with all their family and friends... Brings me to tears. heart

Now I understand. You're making it hard for people to tell that you're being sarcastic.

I mean, reading this you sounded so serious that I myself wanted to give you a hard-lashing on the truth behind twilight.

You sound too serious, so sincere. You have no right to get pissed at people taking you seriously and insult them by putting the definition of the word you were oh-so-hardly trying to incorporate into your post.

You're right, tell me more.

Skilled Businessman

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
La Chocolate Bliss

Thank you, Mademoiselle Bliss. You have made my day. *bows deeply* Serviteur...

Lady Blop
con·de·scen·sion........[kon-duh-sen-shuhn]

Why yes, that is exactly what my attitude towards you was. My word, that's a new concept learned for you today! Be very proud! biggrin

Yes, that was also another small example of sarcasm. So, you are stating now that what your previous post expressed was in earnest, when you had the gal to pretend to sarcasm...

Why am I arguing with little children again? rolleyes

6,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Harry Potter, hands down times infinity. How can you even compare it to the one out of five stars that is Twilight? emotion_bigvein emotion_zombie emotion_jawdrop yum_puddi yum_donut cat_burning_eyes

Tipsy Gekko

OlivierDeSillegue

Because they're at your level?

Look, buddy. Here's the thing.
I clearly said I would explain sarcasm to anyone who quoted that with something resembling an argument. You quote me, I post the definition of sarcasm. All in good fun. We chortle, we move on, we forget about the whole thing. But these snooty, pompous responses you keep sending me in a desperate attempt to prove your intellectual superiority? Not impressive. Not fun.

Please withdraw your head to where the sun DOES shine, and learn to laugh at yourself a little. I mean, really. I'm done with this. I just came to this thread to make a point about Harry Potter and Twilight, not to have "Who can use the most dignified vocabulary in one post" contests.

Thank you for your concern in my education, and have a nice day.

Tipsy Hunter

7,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Bre_is_Awesome
Lady Blop

troll ^^^

LMAO

Skilled Businessman

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
Lady Blop
OlivierDeSillegue

Because they're at your level?

Look, buddy. Here's the thing.
I clearly said I would explain sarcasm to anyone who quoted that with something resembling an argument. You quote me, I post the definition of sarcasm. All in good fun. We chortle, we move on, we forget about the whole thing. But these snooty, pompous responses you keep sending me in a desperate attempt to prove your intellectual superiority? Not impressive. Not fun.

Please withdraw your head to where the sun DOES shine, and learn to laugh at yourself a little. I mean, really. I'm done with this. I just came to this thread to make a point about Harry Potter and Twilight, not to have "Who can use the most dignified vocabulary in one post" contests.

Thank you for your concern in my education, and have a nice day.

That, Milady, is an answer I can bow to. wink And so I do, as a true gentleman should. I enjoy mostly when jousting with words from the heart, and you have given me that joy. 3nodding

I truly hope that we will joust so again. I wish you a beautiful day as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff