Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Girl

Stars on Strings
I think a new skin would be great. whee
Though,we do already have items/skins out there that can come across as ghostly.
I guess you can never have enough,though!
I love your avatar! So cool!

7,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
i've been wanting nice ghost skin since the wisp came out. it was like a tease. ; ;

8,625 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
Nonamori
Stars on Strings
I think a new skin would be great. whee
Though,we do already have items/skins out there that can come across as ghostly.
I guess you can never have enough,though!
I love your avatar! So cool!

Thank you! 3nodding

Quotable Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
S1mbo
Nonamori
S1mbo
Halloween skins get me excited.

I like the idea of ghostly skins, but it would need to be different to the skins we already have. Imaginary friend has a white translucent skin, and uncanny form a light blue skin. Add the twilight sparkles and they both look pretty ghostly.

Perhaps if it were a skin+body mod, so we have the ghostly colours and no legs?
Someone should try combining those items if then can. I doubt it's possible tho.

This is the closest I could get with items currently available.

User Image

The background was just to show how see through the imaginary skin is. And used will-o-wisp for the bottom part. It would be nice to have a better seam, or seamless version though.

Did you use tektek to make that? As I found out with this avatar, the imaginary friend skin and the will-o-wisp skin don't layer properly. You get a ghost bottom with the legs still there (this same problem happens with the twilight skin on just about EVERYTHING). That's why I'm not wearing shoes, they don't modify the feet the way they should. The background you used covers this up to a certain extent (except for a little bit of foot peaking out the bottom). A larger background tends to work better. By way of example:

Before:
User Image

Background 1:
User Image

Background 2:
User Image

Dapper Nerd

ghostly skin.
DO WANT.

but meh, all the ghost threads are getting a little tiresome.
nildrohain454
Did you use tektek to make that? As I found out with this avatar, the imaginary friend skin and the will-o-wisp skin don't layer properly. You get a ghost bottom with the legs still there (this same problem happens with the twilight skin on just about EVERYTHING). That's why I'm not wearing shoes, they don't modify the feet the way they should. The background you used covers this up to a certain extent (except for a little bit of foot peaking out the bottom). A larger background tends to work better.

I took a screen-shot of how it looked in the dressingroom. No leg glitch was visible, with or without the background, but didn't save it so can't confirm if it would have had green goo problems. It might be a gender specific glitch?

EDIT: Good catch, legs appear in the header but are hidden when dressing. Which sucks. Even weirder is that my legs have disappeared again when I previewed my post. sad

EDIT (again). Legs appear in flash worlds too...except when I move. Its seriously flawed, but annoyingly pretty when it works.

User Image

Quotable Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Yeah, it's a pretty sucky glitch. Same thing happens with the Bad Moon ghost bottom (actually, it looks worse since it's not as transparent). Although I'm now tempted to make an avatar using a ghost and the Charon's Vessel item. It layers quite nicely. biggrin

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
I love ghosts, they're one of my favorite spooky creatures. I want Rusty's chains.

Manly Girl

Holy French Llama, My topic has been moved to the event forum! This, for some reason, makes me giddy.

Manly Girl

nildrohain454
S1mbo
Nonamori
S1mbo
Halloween skins get me excited.

I like the idea of ghostly skins, but it would need to be different to the skins we already have. Imaginary friend has a white translucent skin, and uncanny form a light blue skin. Add the twilight sparkles and they both look pretty ghostly.

Perhaps if it were a skin+body mod, so we have the ghostly colours and no legs?
Someone should try combining those items if then can. I doubt it's possible tho.

This is the closest I could get with items currently available.

User Image

The background was just to show how see through the imaginary skin is. And used will-o-wisp for the bottom part. It would be nice to have a better seam, or seamless version though.

Did you use tektek to make that? As I found out with this avatar, the imaginary friend skin and the will-o-wisp skin don't layer properly. You get a ghost bottom with the legs still there (this same problem happens with the twilight skin on just about EVERYTHING). That's why I'm not wearing shoes, they don't modify the feet the way they should. The background you used covers this up to a certain extent (except for a little bit of foot peaking out the bottom). A larger background tends to work better. By way of example:

Before:
User Image

Background 1:
User Image

Background 2:
User Image
More awesomness!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash