Welcome to Gaia! ::

Good for them for having the patience to check every food label just to see if they 'can' eat it.
I don't see the health benefits though, meat is healthy.

Not my thing though, and I wouldn't even know how to cook for one. Probably just make them some toast...unless that has animal remains in it?

Jakabok

Good for them for having the patience to check every food label just to see if they 'can' eat it.
I don't see the health benefits though, meat is healthy.

Not my thing though, and I wouldn't even know how to cook for one. Probably just make them some toast...unless that has animal remains in it?

I thought it was more harsh to digest meat. And Vegans don't need supplements.
AN OLD HAGS CACKLE
I eat a predominantly vegan diet, and I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years.
So how do you feel about being Vegan. Do you like it, or do you do it for a significant reason.

Timid Dabbler

8,225 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee

Do you eat honey then? I thought vegans couldn't eat honey.
I see what you mean about "where we want to go" and all and completely agree that the world would probably be a better place if all were vegan. But I think that there could be a healthy way for us to continue eating meat and meat products, too, we just don't use it yet.
I am too conflicted on this topic sweatdrop I was raised a vegan but now I eat fish and some dairy products.

I eat honey rarely, not really enthused about the taste but i have nothing against it. Its not that "we're not aloud" lol, the motivations behind veganism is not wanting to. Like, im not going to make much of a difference in rape and murder statistics if i dont do it, but i wont do it regardless, because i recognized there is a victim involved. Its a typical empathetic, moral choice...i dont understand why these same human responses are not triggered just because something has a different body/face.

Well lets look at this as a simple nutritional comparison.

Steak holds 40-50g of protein, saturated fat, cholesterol and B12. Similar for chicken, sausages etc

If i was to make a curry, a soup, some stew, some mash anything like that, any vegan meal basically lol, i'd be putting chickpeas, kidneybeans, lentils that sort of thing in it, aswell as any mixed veg, spices etc i like. In an average meal i'd be receiving about:

70-80g of protein, alot of fibre, alot of minerals and vitamins (including b12). Without the saturated fat, without the cholesterol.

There isn't a healthy way to use meat, it is what it is. The only way i see me being ok with someone eating meat is if scientific advances meant we could grow meat in a factory, like without a conscious animal being involved. I dont give a s**t if someone wants to be harmful to themselves if they are the only victim lol. It would kind be like smoking...but instead of lung cancer they would be obese and diabetic lol.

I tend to see meat like a pint of beer. It isn't good for you, but you can get away with it in small doses, its an indulgence. But then if someone offered me a pint and the only condition was i gave him permission to slit a dogs/pigs/cows/chickens throat, i'd pass and go find a pint that was victim less.

Where would the B12 be coming from?
I don't think killing an animal in a humane way is cruel at all. The meat industry is nowadays but... I don't know, I killed a chicken once, and no one was upset besides me. The chicken wasn't upset. It didn't know what was happening.

Will either get it from engevita (a spice) or seaweed. Most vegetables especially root vegetables have alot of b12 on them anyway. Its a bacteria so it can be found in soil, in rocks, in water. It can be applied to almost anything. And we only need a trace amount.

There isn't a humane way to kill an animal. But having spoken to many people like you, i suppose your definition of humane is an electric shock to the temples and a slit throat.

An abatiour worker is payed per animal slaughtered. This means that most animals slaughtered are not killed swiftly. Workers will shock an animal for 3/4 seconds when the european guidelines are 10-15 seconds. Alot of pigs/cows will shake themselves out of their shackles. Calfs will be cut out and killed infront of their bleeding out mothers. All of this stuff isn't sensationalism. People dont wanna know.

Broken bones, live guttings, live boilings, live bleed outs are all a common occurrence in abatiours. Meat hooks in assholes...i could go on...i mean normal human beings cannot stand there killing ANYTHING all day.

Crime rates in villages that are home to abatiours sky rocket. People who do this are sick.

Trivializing what you did to the chicken wont help you cope with the guilt. The reaction you had is not a bad thing, you should be upset, it was a sadistic act.

I don't feel guilty for killing a chicken, perhaps your point is that I should. I knew I was killing it for food, and although perhaps it was not healthy food, the idea that it payed off in some way took away all my guilt.
Obviously I don't agree with all of your logic or anything, but I do think that for now, everyone should stop eating meat.

Well, no, because you killed it.

Whether you binned, ******** or ate the corpse isn't the point.

"Getting something out of it" isn't a reason for anything. If it was thieves, murderers and rapists would be running the world. Thats a very warped sense of justice.

The point is, you could of gone to the shops and bought something, food thats healthier, just as tasty and without killing someone. And notice how i say someone, not something. It had things it enjoyed, things that scared him/her, it had emotions...a life, that he/she was probably very happy with.

And you ended all of that. It had one life, darkness for infinity before and darkness for infinity after. And you killed it for 5minutes of indulgence. For no reason. .

The thieves, murderers, and rapists you speak of are "getting something out of it" for personal gain. I was helping to feed a community.
If there is "darkness for infinity" before and after the chicken's life, it will never know what was taken from it. How am I hurting it?
I really think this comes down to a matter of selfishness either way. You will only not kill something because it makes you feel bad.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
for having such a healthy lifestyle you sure are fat and sure do take a lot of supplementary pills and sure do smell of rot and decay.

before one of you soyburgers quotes this with some big response about how true vegans and vegetarians dont take supplements and dont smell bad and arent fat and are the happiest healthiest people alive and that millions of hours of internet research proves that veganitarianism is the only ism worth isming please note that i wont read it because i really dont give a s**t
I only care when one is trying to tell me that I'm wrong for eating meat.

Widower

Supportive Friend

10,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Retillias
I respect their choice, but not their attitude. If you tell someone you're a vegetarian/vegan without it being relevant, you're showing off and I don't approve.
Sincere Sorrows
AN OLD HAGS CACKLE
I eat a predominantly vegan diet, and I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years.
So how do you feel about being Vegan. Do you like it, or do you do it for a significant reason.

I chose not to eat meat because, if a person can survive just as well, if not better, without causing suffering or death, then I don't see any reason why a person wouldn't follow that course of action.

As for the vegan aspect, I do not approve of the way in which factory-farmed animals are treated, and as I do not believe that humans have any more objective value than other species, I think it is wrong that animals should be exploited and treated like property simply because they are not human.
Vegans are like religious extremists. No one wants them around and they more often than not make complete asses out of themselves.
Metroid Dread
for having such a healthy lifestyle you sure are fat and sure do take a lot of supplementary pills and sure do smell of rot and decay.

before one of you soyburgers quotes this with some big response about how true vegans and vegetarians dont take supplements and dont smell bad and arent fat and are the happiest healthiest people alive and that millions of hours of internet research proves that veganitarianism is the only ism worth isming please note that i wont read it because i really dont give a s**t

Also this.

8,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee

Where would the B12 be coming from?
I don't think killing an animal in a humane way is cruel at all. The meat industry is nowadays but... I don't know, I killed a chicken once, and no one was upset besides me. The chicken wasn't upset. It didn't know what was happening.

Will either get it from engevita (a spice) or seaweed. Most vegetables especially root vegetables have alot of b12 on them anyway. Its a bacteria so it can be found in soil, in rocks, in water. It can be applied to almost anything. And we only need a trace amount.

There isn't a humane way to kill an animal. But having spoken to many people like you, i suppose your definition of humane is an electric shock to the temples and a slit throat.

An abatiour worker is payed per animal slaughtered. This means that most animals slaughtered are not killed swiftly. Workers will shock an animal for 3/4 seconds when the european guidelines are 10-15 seconds. Alot of pigs/cows will shake themselves out of their shackles. Calfs will be cut out and killed infront of their bleeding out mothers. All of this stuff isn't sensationalism. People dont wanna know.

Broken bones, live guttings, live boilings, live bleed outs are all a common occurrence in abatiours. Meat hooks in assholes...i could go on...i mean normal human beings cannot stand there killing ANYTHING all day.

Crime rates in villages that are home to abatiours sky rocket. People who do this are sick.

Trivializing what you did to the chicken wont help you cope with the guilt. The reaction you had is not a bad thing, you should be upset, it was a sadistic act.

I don't feel guilty for killing a chicken, perhaps your point is that I should. I knew I was killing it for food, and although perhaps it was not healthy food, the idea that it payed off in some way took away all my guilt.
Obviously I don't agree with all of your logic or anything, but I do think that for now, everyone should stop eating meat.

Well, no, because you killed it.

Whether you binned, ******** or ate the corpse isn't the point.

"Getting something out of it" isn't a reason for anything. If it was thieves, murderers and rapists would be running the world. Thats a very warped sense of justice.

The point is, you could of gone to the shops and bought something, food thats healthier, just as tasty and without killing someone. And notice how i say someone, not something. It had things it enjoyed, things that scared him/her, it had emotions...a life, that he/she was probably very happy with.

And you ended all of that. It had one life, darkness for infinity before and darkness for infinity after. And you killed it for 5minutes of indulgence. For no reason. .

The thieves, murderers, and rapists you speak of are "getting something out of it" for personal gain. I was helping to feed a community.
If there is "darkness for infinity" before and after the chicken's life, it will never know what was taken from it. How am I hurting it?
I really think this comes down to a matter of selfishness either way. You will only not kill something because it makes you feel bad.

You wasn't feeding the community. Because you could have fed sed community without ending anythings life. And a chicken wont stretch far lol.

So when you eat a chicken, your not getting personal gain out of it? I mean the only "reason" left for you to eat it is for taste. Because it sure as hell isn't benefiting you in any other way. Surely thats selfish gain. That chicken probably had one third of its life left, maybe 2 thirds...and for you it was 5minutes or less of taste. Seem obvious why thats an injustice to me.

If i dropped you to your knees and shot the back of your head. Your not going to know any different. But, surely you can recognized that isn't ok?

And the only difference between you and the chicken is the chicken had the mind of a child. If something is more vulnerable than you, a normal response is usually to protect it, not murder it.

I have many reasons why i don't eat meat and animal product. They include both empathetic and logical, scientific reasoning.

Ruthless Noob

8,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
Weren't you the chick telling everyone over 20 to get off giaa -____-

Anxious Smoker

as much as i respect the opinion and reasoning behind going green, i disagree with it 100%. humans are naturally omnivores and i wish people would just accept that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff