Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nothing wrong with a little extra baggage. mrgreen

Familiar Lunatic

florem
I, personally, believe that people are fat- because they want to be. Call me incompetent or whatever, but that's just how I think. If humans still had to work for food... I'm not even going to go into that.

Don't go thinking I hate fat people now, a lot of my friends and family are. I know a few of them could work a little harder- it's because of all the unhealthy food and lazyness in this society.

Then again- it might be genetics. A person I know is absolutely tiny- (about 90 lbs.) and she eats more than I could in a day. It's funny. And another person I know is a little large, and she eats absolutely nothing. Well. You know what I'm getting at.

I can understand that viewpoint - I personally think that a lot of American are fat because of American culture. It's true, people don't have to work (directly) for their food anymore, because it's so cheap - and the cheapest stuff is inevitably the most fattening.

However, breaking away from that culture is incredibly difficult when you've been in it all your life. I applaud those who want to change their bodies and can pull it off, but I don't think that everyone is in that situation.

Familiar Lunatic

izzyffi
I hate this fat person
only because she is annoying

I do not hate all fat people

this one just happens to be annoying
AND
fat

and she aint got no good personality either

so dont go all " its the inside that counts"

No, annoying people are still annoying.

But some people genuinely believe that being fat makes you a bad person. According to my mother, people treat you VERY differently when you're thin.

Familiar Lunatic

kanbanmusume
Coming from an overweight person.. It's not really helpful to hear people say that, either. Especially considering that food is comfort, even from an anthropoligical point of view. So it generally tends to go like this

Random Jackass: "Why are you so incredible corpulent, you.. you.. Tremendously corpulent person? Rudeness, suggestion that said corpulent person should crawl in a hole and die."
Corpulent person (Me): "Witty riposte." *proceeds to eat, because eating is connected with social interaction and acceptance and therefore comforting."

I really hate that. Flah. Fat people are still people. Telling them they're fat isn't really going to help, and assuming they're lazy just because they're overweight is just stupid. There are ED's where you can't stop eating, and even problems within the body itself that makes you feel like you're never full.

Exactly... and some people who abuse fat people seem to genuinely believe that they're doing them a favor somehow. It's almost like a racist saying that he hates blacks because he's trying to help them become white - which is to say, ridiculous.
The world is shallow. Good looks equal good genes. That's just basic fact. It's the same way with other animals. The most gorgeous peacock gets the peahen. The buck with the biggest antlers gets the female. The largest elephant seal gets the land and the harem. As cruel as it sounds, people are supposed to be shallow. It's what's supposed to keep our species surviving. The point of all this? Basically, you can't call people evil for hating fat people because they are normally very unattractive. Nature is not evil and neither is being shallow.

However, it is in the genes for some fat people. In fact, if we were living the natural life like we're supposed to be, said fat people would be the attractive ones because all the skinny people (who don't have to work for it) would be corpses and lion crap as they probably just can't find enough food to sustain themselves.

Friendly Friend

i can't stand most fat people.

it's gross.
Undead Warfare
The world is shallow. Good looks equal good genes. That's just basic fact. It's the same way with other animals. The most gorgeous peacock gets the peahen. The buck with the biggest antlers gets the female. The largest elephant seal gets the land and the harem. As cruel as it sounds, people are supposed to be shallow. It's what's supposed to keep our species surviving. The point of all this? Basically, you can't call people evil for hating fat people because they are normally very unattractive. Nature is not evil and neither is being shallow.

However, it is in the genes for some fat people. In fact, if we were living the natural life like we're supposed to be, said fat people would be the attractive ones because all the skinny people (who don't have to work for it) would be corpses and lion crap as they probably just can't find enough food to sustain themselves.

Exactly. And it's kind of funny, but fat people are actually better suited for survival than people with fast metabolisms, because they are more efficient at storing energy. Historically, women with a little meat on 'em have been viewed as more desirable, because they seem more capable of reproduction and survival. Only the sturdy survived childbirth back in the day. These days, we've got it all backward, unfortunately. But we also have people who are so fat that less than 100 years ago, they would have been sideshow freaks. That's bad, too. No one should starve themselves for some ridiculous fake "ideal", but no one needs to be a Two Ton Tessie, either. confused
lol, obesity makes me giggle.
but people incouraging it by eating tons of
food is disgusting.
*TskTskTsk* OK Don't get me wrong I have over wieght family members, but that's thier fault. (I say this with all the respect in the world) I think your mom was going about the diet all wrong. She obviously just starved herself but never worked out. You have to stick to a program that you can follow for life. I learned a lot from the nutrition section of this site and one thing I know is your mom could lose the wieght again and keep it off and still feel comfortable. She needs to jog do some cardiovascular exersies. A lot of people sit there feeling sorry for themselves talking about what they can't do. Now I used to be grotesquely overwheight but I got rid of it and it was not easy do some calorie counting YOU NEED MEAT to keep you strong. If you're going to lay off any type of meat lay off beef and pork. Water is your best friend. I actually reduces the chances of getting all types of cancer the only one I remember right now off the top of my head is that it reduces the chances of breast cancer by like 70% along MANY types of other cancer and Lay off the alcholic beverages. I know i'm only 16 but I know what i'm talking about
I can assure you being fat is not something you think.. It's something that you eat.

and yes, you can control it.. some people are big boned i suppose.. but nobody is gonna tell me it cant be controlled or contained. I mean I'm a pretty big guy..

and secondly. what in the holy hell is it with all of these fat threads? alright your fat, you want to be accepted, piss off.. I mean I'm getting sick of hearing about it to be honest.

okay, i accept you cuz your fat.. i also still... dont care. I aint a fat hater... just hate people that whine to no ******** end..
C00lbreeze
*TskTskTsk* OK Don't get me wrong I have over wieght family members, but that's thier fault. (I say this with all the respect in the world) I think your mom was going about the diet all wrong. She obviously just starved herself but never worked out. You have to stick to a program that you can follow for life. I learned a lot from the nutrition section of this site and one thing I know is your mom could lose the wieght again and keep it off and still feel comfortable. She needs to jog do some cardiovascular exersies. A lot of people sit there feeling sorry for themselves talking about what they can't do. Now I used to be grotesquely overwheight but I got rid of it and it was not easy do some calorie counting YOU NEED MEAT to keep you strong. If you're going to lay off any type of meat lay off beef and pork. Water is your best friend. I actually reduces the chances of getting all types of cancer the only one I remember right now off the top of my head is that it reduces the chances of breast cancer by like 70% along MANY types of other cancer and Lay off the alcholic beverages. I know i'm only 16 but I know what i'm talking about

Strangely enough, the water here probably has a better chance of giving you cancer.
I started jogging and lifting weights, not to lose weight, just to tone my muscles for volleyball.

I also do sit-ups on a yoga ball. Once I started exercising, I felt better about myself. But I still can't stop eating junkfood, and it bothers the heck out of me. Its like, no other foods will satisfy. I read that cravings usually last about 10 minutes, so I try and distract myself.

Sometimes I wish my mom would buy nothing but meat, vegetables, yogurt, and fruit. Living in a house with two little sisters, snacks and treats are a must or they complain there is nothing to eat.

I'm not fat or overweight, but I don't hate fat people. I actually think its funny when they wear 'I Beat Anorexia' shirts, it shows they don't care what others think about them. Unless their wearing it for attention, I dunno. I don't hate anyone, so if I see a group of fat people walking into McDonald's, I shrug and say its their choice.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
At ANY weight or size.. as long as you feel healthy and happy, thats all that matters.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Well, fat people are pretty evil too. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces