Welcome to Gaia! ::

So what if it was due to England? If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be one of the only world powers. If America was not made, we couldn't have the luxuries made by American inventors or the delicacies of American cuisine or the mixture of all sorts of culture to identify a welcoming nation with.
No

Americans can (hopefully) think for themselves
Their actions = Their fault
Levadicus
I don't understand why everyone hates America for America's faults and such. I mean when you think about it, it's England's fault that America even exists.

I remember watching a documentary on the History Channel about George Washington, the United States's first president. The whole reason why the Revolutionary War started was because England made these pre-Americans pay top dollar for cheap items. Whereas the English in America still considered themselves English, England considered the English in America Americans.

So finally everyone got fed up with it and decided to secede from England. Thus the nation of America is formed. So next time, world, when you think America ******** up on something don't blame America. BLAME ENGLAND!

actually the taxes were very cheap, and since england protected its colonies in a very expensive war, youd think we would have been grateful but obviously not, war costs money, its that simply, why dont we have a revolution now? gas prices are way to expensive, and it has a lot to do with our war on world crime (which is what it is and therefore will never end) but weve had 250 years of propoganda to blame all our problems on the foolish non imperial, non american way of life world.
girl_in_your_mirror
Super 88
[Negative Zero]
I partially agree, all Americans shouldn't be blamed when our idiot president messes up.

But England shouldn't be blamed either... that was way back in the past, no reason to bring it up now.
YES!
But... I think America owns England in one thing:
America is the only true immigrant nation. And I think that's what makes America eh... different, and better than England in one place.
I think of England like Japan. Rich, poewrful, a looooong way to go.
But anyway, England owns America in books. Tons and tons of books.
-cough-SHAKESPEAR!! J.K. ROWLING!! ETC.!!-cough-
Lmaooo
This thread cracks me up.

You can't forget: the Harry Potter movies, Monty Python, the Beatles,
the Subways, the Rolling Stones, Pierce Brosnan,
and Orlando Bloom.
England has better entertainment than England.
Better than America, you mean.
BUUUUT... what about the Wright brothers, Edison, Bill Gates(lmaooo), and others? America wins in inventions.

Not entertainment, though. MTV is FALLING APART. And American Idol sucks big time.

So anyway, America is better in some areas, England is better in others.
This is why I wonder why America is still thought of as "THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHO HAS ONLY LOST ONE WAR(vietnam war, cuz Vietnam DID go Communist, am I right?)
i dunt think it is right to blame countries or nationalities cos at the end of the day it was the individuals in the past that made the mistakes so why should innocent people today be blamed for others mistakes i ant fair..
and another thing we were the last major power to abolish slavery, what does that tell you about America? the greatest nation in the world, hell our government has allowed and funded racist movements, killing and attacks on native americans, not helping black people who were abused by whites after the civil war, and during WWII we had our own concentration camps for anyone from asia we thought was japanese, The American Government has done many atrocities, killed as many innocents as Stalin or hitler the only difference was they did it in a shorter amount of time

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Super 88
girl_in_your_mirror
Super 88
[Negative Zero]
I partially agree, all Americans shouldn't be blamed when our idiot president messes up.

But England shouldn't be blamed either... that was way back in the past, no reason to bring it up now.
YES!
America is the only true immigrant nation. And I think that's what makes America eh... different, and better than England in one place.
Lmaooo

and Orlando Bloom.
BUUUUT... what about the Wright brothers, Edison, Bill Gates(lmaooo), and others? America wins in inventions.

Not entertainment, though. MTV is FALLING APART. And American Idol sucks big time.

This is why I wonder why America is still thought of as "THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHO HAS ONLY LOST ONE WAR(vietnam war, cuz Vietnam DID go Communist, am I right?)

Bill Gates sucks. He created some horrible company, called Microsoft, the creator of :cough:Windows:cough cough:. I had tons of problems with all my Windows-equipped computers.
It's just because they think that we actually like Bush.
girl_in_your_mirror
Super 88
girl_in_your_mirror
Super 88
[Negative Zero]

YES!
Lmaooo

and Orlando Bloom.

Bill Gates sucks. He created some horrible company, called Microsoft, the creator of :cough:Windows:cough cough:. I had tons of problems with all my Windows-equipped computers.
Whoa. Chill.
Firstly, the Bill Gates thing was a joke.

Secondly, look at the site you're using. Am I right to say Americans created Gaia? Sure, they have Asian descent(I think Lanzer does, anyways), but really, an American is just someone who is an American citizen.

Thirdly, the only thing I was trying to point out is that America and England have their pros and cons.
Sendako
history is history- america went their own way independantly, to become a seperate nation... now whatever mess they make is THEIR fault. dont blame aspects of history.
Super 88

I wouldn't call the Korean War much of a success either.
WellzY
Super 88

True, very true.
And... can you really say anyone won WWII?
The only country who really lost was Germany. Nazi Germany.
The others... just had a ton of stuff to fix.
Super 88
WellzY
Super 88

True, very true.

and war of 1812 was more of stalemate, the british couldve kicked our a** but they had some problems in the west indies and europe what with Napoleon and all
England or America?? Come on last I checked we were the only country that had a decent excuse to hate them. Not them as people or anything cause I have several English friends just as a whole when it comes to the past or sports or anything competitve really we're not to crazy about them, not many Irish people are like 700 or so years of them is enough for any country really.
America then is the land of oppurtunity and freedom. That's where alot of Irish people go. That's where most people here in Ireland want to go. But then England have Harry Potter. Meh, yere past is yere past. There's nothing much that you can do about it.
Super 88
But think: Would America be a better place if the Native Americans kept living there and Europeans never came?
Prolly not. We would probably be a third-world country or something close.

gee, thats a real compliment to native americans....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff