Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
AVeryHungryTiger
flauterfli
Oh god they've got frost! emotion_0A0

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Your post just goes to show how INTOLERANT you so called LIBERAL people really are. Thanks for showing us your true nature flauterfli.
cat_rofl

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
Zheng Jiaying
freelance lover
xChibi Cannibalx
"Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There, she lusted after her lovers' whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of a horse."

IS THIS A REAL VERSE
THIS CANT BE A REAL VERSE
IM DIEING HERE

EDIT: "Then because of the dire straits to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you."

What book is that from? I'm assuming the first portion is an allusion to slavery in Egypt in Exodus. The second is probably another "you dun ******** up" which is basically the whole OT. The Israelites beg God for good things, and he tells them not to do the thing, then they do the thing and incur his wrath.

The most important thing to me about approaching scripture is that each book has a different author, writing from a different place and time, with a different agenda to push. Depending on some translations, the language and stuff can seem weird, but it's an old text, so it would be different.

My personal favorite WTF Bible verse is the story of Jesus withering the fig tree. It's a weird a** story because it states in the text that it's not fig season, but Jesus still gets piss that the fig tree has no fruit and kills it. We talked about that story when I took a Gospels and Acts class, and the best answer to why he did the was "******** if I know."

Each book doesn't have a different author. Romans, 1st Corinthians, 2nd Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1st Thessalonians, 2nd Thessalonians, 1st Timothy, 2nd Timothy, Titus, and Philemon were all written by the apostle Paul. If you're going to try and bash the Bible, at least know what you're talking about. LOL

I bet you know exactly what you're talking about when you bash on the Quran and evolution. LOL cat_rolleyes

Lonely Wolf

flauterfli
Zheng Jiaying
freelance lover
xChibi Cannibalx
"Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There, she lusted after her lovers' whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of a horse."

IS THIS A REAL VERSE
IM DIEING HERE

EDIT: "Then because of the dire straits to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you."

What book is that from? I'm assuming the first portion is an allusion to slavery in Egypt in Exodus. The second is probably another "you dun ******** up" which is basically the whole OT. The Israelites beg God for good things, and he tells them not to do the thing, then they do the thing and incur his wrath.

The most important thing to me about approaching scripture is that each book has a different author, writing from a different place and time, with a different agenda to push. Depending on some translations, the language and stuff can seem weird, but it's an old text, so it would be different.

My personal favorite WTF Bible verse is the story of Jesus withering the fig tree. It's a weird a** story because it states in the text that it's not fig season, but Jesus still gets piss that the fig tree has no fruit and kills it. We talked about that story when I took a Gospels and Acts class, and the best answer to why he did the was "******** if I know."

Each book doesn't have a different author. Romans, 1st Corinthians, 2nd Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1st Thessalonians, 2nd Thessalonians, 1st Timothy, 2nd Timothy, Titus, and Philemon were all written by the apostle Paul. If you're going to try and bash the Bible, at least know what you're talking about. LOL

I bet you know exactly what you're talking about when you bash on the Quran and evolution. LOL cat_rolleyes

Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean that I don't embrace science. Also I'm not one of those idiots who believes the earth is only 6,000 years old. You can actually use passages of the Bible to disprove that the earth is 6,000 years old. In regards to bashing Quran, why would I want to offend someone if I want to win them over to my faith?

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
Zheng Jiaying
flauterfli
Zheng Jiaying
freelance lover
xChibi Cannibalx

IS THIS A REAL VERSE
IM DIEING HERE

Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean that I don't embrace science. Also I'm not one of those idiots who believes the earth is only 6,000 years old. You can actually use passages of the Bible to disprove that the earth is 6,000 years old. In regards to bashing Quran, why would I want to offend someone if I want to win them over to my faith?

Ah, that's good (:
My in-laws think nothing like that, unfortunately. I didn't mean to personally attack you, sorry~
I misread the tittle and thought that it said, " the beautiful words from Christian Bale."

Lonely Wolf

flauterfli
Zheng Jiaying
flauterfli
Zheng Jiaying
freelance lover
xChibi Cannibalx

IS THIS A REAL VERSE
IM DIEING HERE

Ah, that's good (:
My in-laws think nothing like that, unfortunately. I didn't mean to personally attack you, sorry~

It's alright. Whenever someone isn't sure about the methods in which I practice my faith, I just let them know where I stand on the matter so there isn't anymore.confusion. smile

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. (1 John 4:18 )

I also like the Magnificat, or Mary's Song

My soul doth magnify the Lord : and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
For he hath regarded : the lowliness of his handmaiden.
For behold, from henceforth : all generations shall call me blessed.
For he that is mighty hath magnified me : and holy is his Name.
And his mercy is on them that fear him : throughout all generations.
He hath shewed strength with his arm : he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat : and hath exalted the humble and meek.
He hath filled the hungry with good things : and the rich he hath sent empty away.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
xChibi Cannibalx

Why not try looking at the context? This was metaphorical language, used by Ezekiel to describe how Jerusalem turned away from what was right by committing idolatry. Also, in all the other versions it says their flesh were like donkeys and their issue like horses. I'm not sure why it changed in NIV

Quote:
Then because of the dire straits to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you.

This is part of a list of consequences of what could happen if the people under Moses turn on God; their land would be devastated and people would become so desperate for food, they'd turn to cannibalism.

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Wizards of the Toast
bump chrstian bale needs to be next to this

Why are you being disrespectful...Christian Bale has nothing 2 do with the bible stare

Spoopy Kitten

Young King under Heaven
xChibi Cannibalx

Why not try looking at the context? This was metaphorical language, used by Ezekiel to describe how Jerusalem turned away from what was right by committing idolatry. Also, in all the other versions it says their flesh were like donkeys and their issue like horses. I'm not sure why it changed in NIV

Quote:
Then because of the dire straits to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you.

This is part of a list of consequences of what could happen if the people under Moses turn on God; their land would be devastated and people would become so desperate for food, they'd turn to cannibalism.

Doesnt matter to me either way. I dont believe in the bible and it has too many ******** up scenarios. I wont bash anyone for believing it, but atleast acknowledge that some things written in it are completely unmoral and absurd

I dont see why they wouldnt just move.....or hunt.........or regrow their own food. Id rather eat my neighbors than my children too

Lonely Wolf

xChibi Cannibalx
Young King under Heaven
xChibi Cannibalx

Quote:

Doesnt matter to me either way. I dont believe in the bible and it has too many ******** up scenarios. I wont bash anyone for believing it, but atleast acknowledge that some things written in it are completely unmoral and absurd

I dont see why they wouldnt just move.....or hunt.........or regrow their own food. Id rather eat my neighbors than my children too

God was very wrathful in the Old Testament. The birth of Jesus in the New Testament introduced a loving and peaceful God....except when you get into Revelation. That is just scary.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff