Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Vampire

Henrika
Rycerze
Henrika
Rycerze
Ayrory
I have Wii U, so I pick Wii U. smile But above all, I do prefer PC.

Wii U is nice but sadly it's seen as a third wheel compared to Xbox and Playstation in the console catagory.
Really? I feel like its a Wii U & a PS4 this gen. I personally think the xbox is 3rd wheel.

I can see why you would come to that conclusion however from a marketing standpoint the Wii U is looking the worst in comparison to the other two consoles.

According to charts around late 2013 (a bit dated and could be subject to change now but still relatively accurate) the Wii U has sold an estimate of 6.17 million units in its two year life span compared to the Xbox One and PS4 to which the Xbox One tied in sales with the Wii U while the PS4 beat the Wii U in sales at around 7 million units sold. Both the Xbox One and PS4 being released for only a handful of months the statistics were released.

I wish I could find the website I got this information from but I'm afraid I can't seem to find it anymore since it has been a number of months since then. Nintendo has currently taken large blows in marketing to the point most of the higher ups have cut their salaries in half to keep the blood flowing. I'm not saying Sony or Microsoft are looking at their best ether, however Sony has at least been making a profit for each PS4 sold but has been hurting outside of the gaming market. Microsoft is also hurting in departments outside of gaming too. There's a new Xbox One coming out this year though which doesn't include a Kinect which is supposedly going to slash the price tag down $100 making it even with the PS4.

In the end though it doesn't matter. As long as people enjoy their console and the games that come with it that's what counts.
Nintendo's marketing team needs to be shot by firing squad.

That aside, the Wii U should be having a very strong summer/fall/holiday with a very strong e3 announcement & release schedule.

Sales for the ps4 & xbox seem to be starting to drop off without any decent releases besides the initial launch titles. (Which weren't particularly appealing to me.) My boyfriend's friend STILL hasn't bought any games for his ps4 which he bought on launch day, because there aren't any that interest him.

Basically a $400+ brick.

Yeah Nintendo's marketing team has been doing a terrible job to the point it's almost cringe worthy. I have to agree though that the Wii U does at least have a strong game lineup coming this E3 which is always welcoming. The main issue with Nintendo is that they're in a rather extremely deep hole right now financially and they seem to forget that the way to fix that issue is to fill the hole up with dirt instead of digging further down and hoping to make their way to the other side of the Earth.

Ps4 and Xbone games seem to be struggling in the games department which is rather disappointing. The games we're still seeing though are their launch lineup so hopefully we'll start seeing that blood flowing further down the road instead of that stale gaming lineup they got going on currently. You would be right to say that currently both consoles are pretty much $400-$500 bricks that sit next to your TV. At least a plus for the Xbox One is that they are supposedly working on adding a Xbox 360 emulator to it so people could utilize backwards compatibility. Wii U was always backwards compatible to my knowledge, and the PS4 is supposedly going to follow in Microsoft's footsteps regarding their plan for backwards compatibility.

Sparkling Explorer

6,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Raven Xavier Kitari
Ayrory
Raven Xavier Kitari
Ayrory
Raven Xavier Kitari
Ayrory
Yeah, I don't know. I've only played on game on the Playstation, so I can't judge. It was called All-stars or something like that. It's similar to Smash Bros, except for Playstation. smile

yeah who knew super smash bros transistioned so well into a sony exclusive. I kinda liked playing it
Me too! It was a good game, though I was pretty bad at it. Still, I won over the computer and that's what matters, hahah. xD

thinking of going sony as well?
Nah, I'm good for now. I got the Wii U and that should be enough for the long lasting fun. What about you?

I dunno if im getting PS4 or wii u first but right now I'm in love with my PS3, so i gotta say for now i got PS4 on my brain
Neat. My boyfriend recently bought his PS3 in to the apartment, so it should be interesting. I think we will play at least a couple games on it. Kingdoom Hearts 1/2, was it? I'm not sure. The one they remade recently into HD.
Rycerze
Henrika
Rycerze
Henrika
Rycerze
Ayrory
I have Wii U, so I pick Wii U. smile But above all, I do prefer PC.

Wii U is nice but sadly it's seen as a third wheel compared to Xbox and Playstation in the console catagory.
Really? I feel like its a Wii U & a PS4 this gen. I personally think the xbox is 3rd wheel.

I can see why you would come to that conclusion however from a marketing standpoint the Wii U is looking the worst in comparison to the other two consoles.

According to charts around late 2013 (a bit dated and could be subject to change now but still relatively accurate) the Wii U has sold an estimate of 6.17 million units in its two year life span compared to the Xbox One and PS4 to which the Xbox One tied in sales with the Wii U while the PS4 beat the Wii U in sales at around 7 million units sold. Both the Xbox One and PS4 being released for only a handful of months the statistics were released.

I wish I could find the website I got this information from but I'm afraid I can't seem to find it anymore since it has been a number of months since then. Nintendo has currently taken large blows in marketing to the point most of the higher ups have cut their salaries in half to keep the blood flowing. I'm not saying Sony or Microsoft are looking at their best ether, however Sony has at least been making a profit for each PS4 sold but has been hurting outside of the gaming market. Microsoft is also hurting in departments outside of gaming too. There's a new Xbox One coming out this year though which doesn't include a Kinect which is supposedly going to slash the price tag down $100 making it even with the PS4.

In the end though it doesn't matter. As long as people enjoy their console and the games that come with it that's what counts.
Nintendo's marketing team needs to be shot by firing squad.

That aside, the Wii U should be having a very strong summer/fall/holiday with a very strong e3 announcement & release schedule.

Sales for the ps4 & xbox seem to be starting to drop off without any decent releases besides the initial launch titles. (Which weren't particularly appealing to me.) My boyfriend's friend STILL hasn't bought any games for his ps4 which he bought on launch day, because there aren't any that interest him.

Basically a $400+ brick.

Yeah Nintendo's marketing team has been doing a terrible job to the point it's almost cringe worthy. I have to agree though that the Wii U does at least have a strong game lineup coming this E3 which is always welcoming. The main issue with Nintendo is that they're in a rather extremely deep hole right now financially and they seem to forget that the way to fix that issue is to fill the hole up with dirt instead of digging further down and hoping to make their way to the other side of the Earth.

Ps4 and Xbone games seem to be struggling in the games department which is rather disappointing. The games we're still seeing though are their launch lineup so hopefully we'll start seeing that blood flowing further down the road instead of that stale gaming lineup they got going on currently. You would be right to say that currently both consoles are pretty much $400-$500 bricks that sit next to your TV. At least a plus for the Xbox One is that they are supposedly working on adding a Xbox 360 emulator to it so people could utilize backwards compatibility. Wii U was always backwards compatible to my knowledge, and the PS4 is supposedly going to follow in Microsoft's footsteps regarding their plan for backwards compatibility.
Yeah wii u has a wii emulator. I moved across the country for school & was able to bring my fav wii titles with me but leave my old wii at home, which is nice cuz my grandmas use it watch netflix.

IRL Attendee

10,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Animal 100
Well, I have a Wii U and love it. Idc if there's not a lot of games for it. I love the games that are out for the Wii U, since I only play Wii U exclusive games on my Wii U. I honestly don't regret getting any of them. Personally don't care for either the PS4 or Xbox One. And no I'm not a Nintendo exclusive person. I love my PS2 (my all-time favorite console) and PS3 (the console I currently use the most), but I just really love Nintendo's first party games, so that's how I went with this generation so far.
PS4 this gen. It was the 360 last gen but not now.

Shirtless Raider

AJGnascar
Well, I have a Wii U and love it. Idc if there's not a lot of games for it. I love the games that are out for the Wii U, since I only play Wii U exclusive games on my Wii U. I honestly don't regret getting any of them. Personally don't care for either the PS4 or Xbox One. And no I'm not a Nintendo exclusive person. I love my PS2 (my all-time favorite console) and PS3 (the console I currently use the most), but I just really love Nintendo's first party games, so that's how I went with this generation so far.

I might go to nintendo's Wii U (yay nostalgia) first since its the cheapest but then again sony looks good this generation (later down the line i mean jeez the system just came out of course theres gonna be very little games for it) I also use my PS3 alot so a PS4 is an obvious choice for me (i gave up on wii and 360 so all i got is PS3)

Demonic Vampire

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I have a WiiU; since I have no other next-gen consoles, this is what I'll be rooting for unless I get PS4 or Xbox One. smile

Pure-hearted Gaian

8,625 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
sony has always won we all know that 4laugh

Dapper Explorer

950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
I want a wii u because while the games may come out slow *cough* once a month and no more if that *cough* the games it does have are friggen amazing.
can't say that about the other consoles, though.

Fashionable Shopper

I love Nintendo games. Most other games I just play on the PC, but Nintendo consoles actually have a reason to be consoles, most of the time. The Wii was innovative with the motion controllers, and the Wii U retained that feature, while adding the game pad. These have a lot of potential for some really great games. Mario Party 10 looks like it will make good use of the game pad. The Wii U still has free online play, as is the case with nearly all PC games. The Wii U also has backwards compatibility.

I don't really even care about any of the games currently out, or any of the planned games for either the PS4 or the X Box One. The games on the Wii U are fantastic. Pikmin 3, and Mario Kart 8 are both graphically amazing, and are all around great games. The upcoming games also sound wonderful. Mario Party, Yoshi's Wooly World, Smash Bros. 4, Splatoons, any Zelda game, etc.

The other game consoles just try to imitate the PC, but Nintendo consoles innovate, and Nintendo simply just makes better games.
I absolutely love my xbox one heart It's sad that there aren't any good games out for it yet though cry

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Verva1n
I absolutely love my xbox one heart It's sad that there aren't any good games out for it yet though cry

Ok, seriously, I don't get this. You say you love it but that there aren't any good games on it? What's there to love then? Because I bought one last month and sold it after it sat there gathering dust for 3 weeks.
I've had a Wii U for a few months and I really like it. I'm also looking forward to getting a PS4, but I don't think I'll get an Xbox One. So as of right now my order is:

1.Wii U
2. PS4
3. Xbox One

Shameless Noob

8,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Hello.

This will be my first forum post ever on gaia online and I'm looking forward posting with yar guys.
Back to topic.
Personally i consider the Wii U the best console FOR NOW.
PS4 has about 2 good games Watch dogs, and idk
Xbox one has basically the same thing and some mediocre exclusives
Wii U now has mario kart8 mario 3d world wind waker hd and smash bros in the near future.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff