Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tatsuman
Langlen
Tatsuman
Langlen
GameGrave
Tatsuman
I would think if SEGA was gonna make another Sonic game, it wud be fer all 3 next gens, not just the xbox. and if they wanted it too be an exclusive, y the 360? It goes for more mature games.

well its for the XB360 and ps3, however,sonic was exclusive to nintendo for a while and once sonic heroes came out, it went multi platform, i dont know if their gunna make it for revolution or not because nobody really knows much about games for it

Actually, Sonic's never been exclusive to Nintendo.

They own most of SEGA's stock, but Sonic was exlusive to nintendo in the early years of the gamecube. y did that change again?

Can you prove that they own most of Sega stock? And, no. There has never been an exclusive SOnic game on the GCN.

They had SA2 battle sonic adventure DX directors cut and thats about it. Those were remakes but they were exclusive to the gamecube. and hell no i cant prove it but thats common knowlege

They were remakes of the Dreamcast version. That =/= exclusive games, as you can find those games on the Dreamcast. And, if I'm asking you to prove it, then it's most likely not common knowledge. If it's common knowledge, then it'd be damned easy for you to find a link. Provide the proof or retract the claim.

In a relationship with Deamus

Dapper Genius

Langlen
GameGrave
Langlen
GameGrave
Tatsuman
I would think if SEGA was gonna make another Sonic game, it wud be fer all 3 next gens, not just the xbox. and if they wanted it too be an exclusive, y the 360? It goes for more mature games.

well its for the XB360 and ps3, however,sonic was exclusive to nintendo for a while and once sonic heroes came out, it went multi platform, i dont know if their gunna make it for revolution or not because nobody really knows much about games for it

im sorry to say, after the fall of the dreamcast, they coulnt just throw sonic away, so they sort of let nintendo be the consle of publishing sonic games. that changed after sonic heroes, trust me i know what im talkin about

And every Sonic game that appeared on the GCN appeared on another console at one point and time. Until Sonic Heroes, there was not one new Sonic game on consoles.

No, they didn't. While the story remained intact, there were more things added to both games. And they were exclusively on the gamecube.
SA2 and SA2 battle are very different (chao garden multiplayer and such)
GameGrave
sonic games on the gamecube only:
Sonic Adventure 2 battle

Dreamcast.

Quote:
Sonic Adventure DX

Dreamcast.

Quote:
Sonic Gems

Congratulations, you just proved me wrong. I retract my claim.

Quote:
Sonic mega collection (not the plus version)

Xbox/PS2. Plus only has more features. Still esentially the same game.

Quote:
sonic riders.

Xbox/PS2.
Tatsuman
Langlen
GameGrave
Langlen
GameGrave
Tatsuman

im sorry to say, after the fall of the dreamcast, they coulnt just throw sonic away, so they sort of let nintendo be the consle of publishing sonic games. that changed after sonic heroes, trust me i know what im talkin about

And every Sonic game that appeared on the GCN appeared on another console at one point and time. Until Sonic Heroes, there was not one new Sonic game on consoles.

No, they didn't. While the story remained intact, there were more things added to both games. And they were exclusively on the gamecube.

Yes, I know there were more things added to both games. However, they are essentially the same game. The important part, the core gameplay, is unchanged.
Beramode
GameGrave
o wait im sorry misunderstanding.....hmmmm its says onlyreleased in japan so know i dont have that but it says its a version of the dreamcast and i have one of those

Do you have a Mega Jet? A blue Game Gear? A first generation Saturn? The Hello Kitty Dreamcast? domokun

You can't say you have it all unless you actually have it all, variations included. Being a SEGA collector is goddamned hard, and I doubt there's even one person out there that actually has everything.

I dunno how well SEGA could do in the console wars these days. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Sony and Microsoft have improved the business, but they have definitely changed it. SEGA has always struggled, and even with as comfortable as Nintendo has been all this time they're responding to things differently than they would before. If Nintendo is starting to worry, I have my doubts on how well SEGA could do.

And I think I can speak on the behalf of my peers on staff that we'd appreciate it if the sticky posts could at least stay on the topic of games. Gaming Discussion is for talking about games, right? 3nodding

when i said every system i didnt mean spin offs...............lol to answer your question, no, yes, yes, and..............well im a boy the original dreamcast is fine hello kitty free mrgreen

Dapper Genius

Langlen
Tatsuman
Langlen
Tatsuman
Langlen

They own most of SEGA's stock, but Sonic was exlusive to nintendo in the early years of the gamecube. y did that change again?

Can you prove that they own most of Sega stock? And, no. There has never been an exclusive SOnic game on the GCN.

They had SA2 battle sonic adventure DX directors cut and thats about it. Those were remakes but they were exclusive to the gamecube. and hell no i cant prove it but thats common knowlege

They were remakes of the Dreamcast version. That =/= exclusive games, as you can find those games on the Dreamcast. And, if I'm asking you to prove it, then it's most likely not common knowledge. If it's common knowledge, then it'd be damned easy for you to find a link. Provide the proof or retract the claim.

I willretract nothing, and I will not go try to find a link.
I have better things to do (like annoy you people for example biggrin )
But seriously, this was on ICONS on G4. Are you sure you've never heard this?
Tatsuman
Langlen
Tatsuman
Langlen
Tatsuman
Langlen

I willretract nothing, and I will not go try to find a link.
I have better things to do (like annoy you people for example biggrin )
But seriously, this was on ICONS on G4. Are you sure you've never heard this?

Last comment on the subject, then it's dropped.

Consider your claim retracted, then. I don't watch G4, so no, I've never heard of it.

Dapper Genius

Langlen
Tatsuman
Langlen
GameGrave
Langlen

Yes, I know there were more things added to both games. However, they are essentially the same game. The important part, the core gameplay, is unchanged.

I'll agree with you on that one. It pissed me off to no end when i had to get all those emblems again. speaking of Sonic Gems, does anyone else think it retarded that they didn't even have Sonic 1,2,3, or 3 &knuckles on that game?

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
Tatsuman
Langlen

Huh? Sammy owns most of SEGA's stock, and they bought SEGA.

Dapper Genius

If there's not already a SEGA thread, I'm gonna make one!!! now
........... sweatdrop guys im sick of arguing...............cant we all just agree to disagree? seriously lets talk about nex gen
Langlen
GameGrave
sonic games on the gamecube only:
Sonic Adventure 2 battle

Dreamcast.

Quote:
Sonic Adventure DX

Dreamcast.

Quote:
Sonic Gems

Congratulations, you just proved me wrong. I retract my claim.

Quote:
Sonic mega collection (not the plus version)

Xbox/PS2. Plus only has more features. Still esentially the same game.

Quote:
sonic riders.

Xbox/PS2.
Sonic Mega collection is on game cube and so is sonic riders and for a while nintendo did have rights to sega.
well imgunna leave for a while to play xbox live on my 360 my gamertag is GameGrave05, in case anyone cared
StriderDragoon
Sonic Mega collection is on game cube and so is sonic riders and for a while nintendo did have rights to sega.

Congratz on missing hte entire convo. 3nodding

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
StriderDragoon

Errm, when a company releases a game on their console I assume that they do have to buy the rights from the developer... but it doesn't mean that they're the only one buying them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff