Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Matrix is awesome ;_; <3
Duncan_lover
I dont like the 360 because they are recalling them because they didnt put a cooling fan into the 360, but it can hold the game like the whole game into the memory, so it is a tie between the 360 and the PS3. but the 360 has better graphics. but i have not yet the graphics for the pse, but i think that they might be good, but i hope that they put a cooling fan in the ps3

Damn, they must be using Magic then.
Morden
Duncan_lover
I dont like the 360 because they are recalling them because they didnt put a cooling fan into the 360, but it can hold the game like the whole game into the memory, so it is a tie between the 360 and the PS3. but the 360 has better graphics. but i have not yet the graphics for the pse, but i think that they might be good, but i hope that they put a cooling fan in the ps3

Or sufficiently advanced technology, same thing really.

Either way, whichever they're using will utterly revolutionize keeping your house cool in the summer, CESNA airplaines, helicopters, and those those silly propeller-caps.
ok i go for revolution but i sya somehting about xbox 360. the other day my bro bought a 360 and 2 contrllers with it...When we were reading the stuff for it (not me I hate reading) he said that we could download music into a pen drive and put it into the xbox 360 and play music. So i asked my friend if i could bring my xbox 360 con. over and he said yes so I looked at his computer and The controller fit into his computer so Now i can play call of duty on computer with an xbox 360 controller. But a few things are messed up with the controller... but were working on it...I STILL SAY GO REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nintendo Revolution all the way!!! I am so rady for the release near Christmas 2006. I think its ways cool im gonna be able to download classic NES, SNES, Nintendo 64 all on a virtual console from the net. Its backwards compatible with GCN... how cool is that! The price there looking at is definetly below $200 dollars which is very awesome and everything is wireless. blaugh
Sir Fondor
Morden
Duncan_lover

Or sufficiently advanced technology, same thing really.

Either way, whichever they're using will utterly revolutionize keeping your house cool in the summer, CESNA airplaines, helicopters, and those those silly propeller-caps.

Indeed, Fondor.
Iceissocold
Nintendo Revolution all the way!!! I am so rady for the release near Christmas 2006. I think its ways cool im gonna be able to download classic NES, SNES, Nintendo 64 all on a virtual console from the net. Its backwards compatible with GCN... how cool is that! The price there looking at is definetly below $200 dollars which is very awesome and everything is wireless. blaugh

I agree. I'd love to play Ocarina of Time with that freaky controller!
I like the Playstion 3
and also the
Revolution : It is going to be a lot cheapier than the other two.
Hannibal_Khan
I like the Playstion 3
and also the

Now, care to expand on some reasons why you like the PS3 and the REvolution?
joystiq
The North American launch of the Playstation 3 could slip to 2007 if the Merrill Lynch report we blogged about earlier is to be believed. The report states that as a result of Sony's design choices the PS3 is an "expensive and difficult to manufacture product" which could have the consequence of delaying the launch until next year. The components that seem to be causing the most trouble are the Cell processor and the Blu-Ray drive.

The Cell processor is a very complex chip which means it'll be a difficult and expensive part to manufacture. Processors are often a reason for delays in the computer industry (3GHz G5 PowerMac anyone?) so it's possible the Cell could be a factor in any potential slippages for the PS3. The second problem is Blu-Ray. The standard is so new that no-one is making the drives, resulting in another expensive component. The inference is that Sony might delay the PS3 until Blu-Ray is a more established format in order to reduce their losses.

What we've got here is a waiting game. The longer Sony waits to launch the PS3, the less money it'll lose on its consoles. However, as long as the PS3 remains off the market Sony runs the risk of losing out to its competitors.

joystiq
A team over at the investment firm Merrill Lynch took the liberty of breaking down the component costs of the PlayStation 3, concluding that the PS3 will cost Sony $900 per unit at launch. The figures which are based upon estimates and predictions, show that the lion's share of the parts costs come from the Cell processor and Blu-Ray drive, which total $580 alone. Fortunately for Sony, the firm has also estimated that the console's cost after 3 years could drop to $320.

What these figures show is that the fate of Sony's console lies in the circuits of two components: the Cell processor and the Blu-Ray drive. It's in Sony's interest to make sure that Blu-Ray drives and Cell chips are sold in vast quantities, which will lower prices and limit the amount of money that Sony will lose on each console. Of course we still don't know how much Sony will be willing to subsidize PS3s. Previous rumors have hinted that the PS3 will launch at $500. In other words, a $400 loss on each console.

For a little perspective, lets take a look at a similar example in the same industry, the Xbox 360. Earlier estimates suggested that the Xbox 360 costs $715 to make which means Microsoft is willing to lose around $350 per console sale based on a $299-399 retail price. If Sony wants to remain competitive with Microsoft (does it?) and rival the Xbox 360's price, it could lose as much as $500-600 on each PS3. Finally, it's worth noting that these companies have money to lose: as Yahoo finance indicates, Microsoft and Sony both have mountains of cash at their disposal. Although Microsoft happens to have a lot more.

[Warning: PDF link. Via engadget, thanks to everyone who sent this in!]

[Update: fixed incorrect statement regarding finances of Microsoft and Sony.]

[Update 2: apparently Merrill Lynch didn't have their calculator handy as their figures for the PS3 add up to $800, not $900 as shown.]
Personally, I'm awaiting for the 360 price to drop before buying one.
My reasons for a 360?
Games tailored towards my taste. (i.e Lots of FPS, Action, more Western styled games, Oblivion. With just a touch of Japanese games without the system being flooded by stereotypical jRPGs)
Abolute perfect controller. (To me at least, just feels so right.)
Xbox LIVE.
Xbox LIVE Arcade. (Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, anyone?)

Technology wise, all the systems suck. But the price's aren't that bad. (Well, dunno about the Ps3 yet.)

Going onto the Ps3, I may get one. Probably if I have the cash and if there's enough games which appeal to me. (Which look like it.)

And Revolution? No thanks.
I don't really like Nintendo games and I find the Revmote looks and sounds too gimicky. (And I don't want to buy a system just for a few 3rd party FPS games.)
Hannibal_Khan
I like the Playstion 3
and also the

well of course the revo will be cheaper...nintendo never sells anything above $200...but then again they never really made a console except for the gamecube.
Kswiss-Maz
Hannibal_Khan
I like the Playstion 3
and also the

well of course the revo will be cheaper...nintendo never sells anything above $200...but then again they never really made a console except for the gamecube.
Obviously someone doesn't really know much about Nintendo.

NES, SNES, N64 then the GameCube.
Kswiss-Maz
Hannibal_Khan
I like the Playstion 3
and also the

where have u been for the last 15 years eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces