Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Depends on what you mean with "fun".
They can practically do the same thing, except for a few exclusive games, but that all boils down to "which exclusives do you like the best" :3
I love playing the Wii, i do that half of the day.

6,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
Honestly they all have there good points a weak points. Right now I think the Wii is running in last just cause of the main field it's lacking in; The games!
But the Wii is a VERY durable system. I think I've only seen one Wii that someone has owned that has took a s**t on them. The failer rate is low which is impressive and should be expected from how long Nintendo has been around.
But the over all game factor is that there are almost NONE that a normal person would sit down and actually play for an extended period of time. Now party games are fun and don't get me wrong, I love Mario but when party games and Mario games are some of the only hit games coming out for that system, theres something wrong there O_o If they had more variety in RPG and Shooter Online games then it'd go some where but not likely to happen with its weird controller anyways.

The Xbox 360 is top on the charts so far. It has the most variety in games. not only that but awesome games! From Modern Warfare 2 to Final Fantasy 13 it hit the charts as the most popular gaming system fast. But the big problem. IT EATS YOUR GAMES! If you move you bump it in just the wrong way you can pretty much say bye bye to any game that is in that disk drive. Not only that but it has such a high failure rate with its red ring of death! My friend had her system for a year and she has been terrified to even move the damn thing from her room just for this fact alone, and she has had a red ring of death twice now and is scared the next time she gets it her system will not recover O_o So the matter of owning an Xbox 360 is whether you wanna deal with having to replace it in a year, or get the year warranty on it and almost expect it. With the new Xbox coming out, the red ring of death may have been eliminated but the Xbox still destroys your games.

The PS3, Oh where do I start. It is so CONFUSING which one to get. And yes I do mean what I said. There are so many different models of the PS3 from the older fat a** ones to the newer slim POS's. The older ones I got pretty much figured out. Now don't get me wrong the systems themselves are not bad, They have the games that everyone loves, same as Xbox 360 only with a little less. The failure rate is low like the Wii and the game play's are simple like the older Playstation games. But as for choosing which one of the different ones to pick from, good luck. I know when the system came out there were 2 to choose from. There was the 60GB and the 80GB. The 60 GB one didn't allow you to play PS or PS2 games because of the blueray built it, Understandable and since it was cheaper then the 80 GB it would make more since to do that because you want more bang for your buck, but now I hear that some of the newer slim consoles don't even allow it at all?! WHAT?! That's what most people would want I'd think?! That was one thing I know I counted on when PS 1 weren't sold anymore and I went "Hey I want to play Threads of Fate, or Final Fantasy 7 for some reason." And just pop it into my new system instead of fighting with my closet to grab my old system and hook that beast up. I mean even the Xbox 360 is backwards compatible for most of its games, same as the Wii. But Playstation ******** it up half way through and finally decided to make it altogether obsolete. I mean when I went to Wal Mart one day all they had was the 300 dollar new slim system, I was gonna buy the same damn thing off a friend and he was the one who had to tell me it was not backwards compatible. I know I'm ranting on this subject but it was just something that really upset me. But anyways BESIDES all that. The Playstation 3 is not bad. It's basically another computer running around in your house plus it's a blueray player so you might have bought 3 things in one for 300 dollars.

Over all I'd have to rate these systems like this:

Wii - Dead last. Basically a fun thing to play when you and your buddies are smashed or for a paperweight.

Xbox 360 - For the Win game-wise. For hardcore gamers who are willing to spend hardcore money when it takes a s**t and they don't have a warranty

PS3 - Good for the family and regular gamers who aren't in grade school. It is a Blueray DVD player, Video game system, and computer all in one. What more do you want?

XBox 360 wins a little over the PS3 because that's what it's suppose to be. A GAMING system. And XBox 360 has the games.

3,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I have a XBox 360 and a Wii,never played a PS3
however i have to say XBox 360,i play it a lot,and it has Lost Planet 2(look for me on Xbox Live,Prod1gyXtreme2)
i like the ps3 it doesnt hav any problems wit me at least

3,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PS3 wiinssss.
(ps. Quote me pluz. D smile

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
@Inasho

First, about the Xbox.
The new "slim" version of the Xbox 360, the "xbox 360 S" preferably came out at E3, and no one has gotten RRoD so far! Hooray.
About xbox having more games is absolute bullshit! They may have more games, yes, but how is that a viable factor these days? Are you seriously implying that someone would get a xbox, and not a PS3 because they had in mind to buy ALL the freaking games for the console? 676 (117 exclusives) and PS3 has 607 (116 exclusives)... I mean... theres literally not enough difference to make one care, so it all boils down to "Which exclusives do you prefer" etc. etc.

And on the PS3, if I'm correct, the PS2 backwards compatibility stopped with the 60GB or 80GB version of the PS3. There aren't that many versions of it. Right now there is the 120GB and the 250GB. How is 2 versions confusing? Anyway, all ps3's can play PS1 games, but only the oldest types can play PS2 games, and that's because the PS2 is still being sold and running well. Furthermore, you can buy PS1 classics, like FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, the crash bandicoot games, Metal Gear Solid and many many more, so you can buy them there if you never had the chance to play them :3

So, it's only PS2 games you can't run, but it isn't that big a deal, since you mainly buy the PS3 for PS3 games, and if you want to, you can find a dirt cheap PS2 somewhere on the interwebz :3
Fuzia
@Inasho

First, about the Xbox.
The new "slim" version of the Xbox 360, the "xbox 360 S" preferably came out at E3, and no one has gotten RRoD so far! Hooray.
About xbox having more games is absolute bullshit! They may have more games, yes, but how is that a viable factor these days? Are you seriously implying that someone would get a xbox, and not a PS3 because they had in mind to buy ALL the freaking games for the console? 676 (117 exclusives) and PS3 has 607 (116 exclusives)... I mean... theres literally not enough difference to make one care, so it all boils down to "Which exclusives do you prefer" etc. etc.

And on the PS3, if I'm correct, the PS2 backwards compatibility stopped with the 60GB or 80GB version of the PS3. There aren't that many versions of it. Right now there is the 120GB and the 250GB. How is 2 versions confusing? Anyway, all ps3's can play PS1 games, but only the oldest types can play PS2 games, and that's because the PS2 is still being sold and running well. Furthermore, you can buy PS1 classics, like FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, the crash bandicoot games, Metal Gear Solid and many many more, so you can buy them there if you never had the chance to play them :3

So, it's only PS2 games you can't run, but it isn't that big a deal, since you mainly buy the PS3 for PS3 games, and if you want to, you can find a dirt cheap PS2 somewhere on the interwebz :3

The xbox slim still has a higher fail rate compared to the ps3. and theres the issue of when you move the console while its on say good bye to your game @_@

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Order: I thought they fixed that problem already )):
OrderTrigger
Fuzia
@Inasho

First, about the Xbox.

The xbox slim still has a higher fail rate compared to the ps3. and theres the issue of when you move the console while its on say good bye to your game @_@

Which is an issue with most consoles and PCs.
i kno right people User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I aM waiting for kinect

6,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
@Fuzia

Your right, it does boil down to which games people want to play and which ones they don't. I was never implying it on an extreme level. Not only that but I put Xbox 360 in the lead because of the simple fact of what I have seen with people in a group. I know it isn't an accurate system of polling things but it is a system I used for my own opinion. I put down simply the pro's and cons' of each system. and then, based off of what I've seen, put down the system I saw as being the one in first. If I would have put down a bias opinion, I would have just said the PS3 was the winner.

As for how many Playstation 3 systems, In order to get the 60 GB or the 80 GB now you would have to buy them used, and right now it is kinda hard to tell between any of them which is which. Same goes for the 120 GB and the 280 GB. I had a chance to look at one of the newer slims and still could not tell if it was the 120 or the 280, It didn't even have anything on the back of it to differentiate the two. You can still buy those two in a store but like I said, I actually just went to a Wal Mart and the only one I found was the $300 one.

I mean, It still kinda upsets me that you can't play PS2 games on the system because my PS2 did just die on me but like you said lucky there are some online that you can get for cheap. Thank you :3 But it is still kinda an inconvenience. And the Xbox 360 S will STILL kill your games. The RRoD WAS eliminated but the system still cannot be moved if a disk is in the drive, even if you already downloaded your game into the system. The systems are very touchy, it's just a matter of leaving it in a safe place where no ones gonna trip or kick it as they're walking by.
All the next generation systems suck, owning all three i can say for sure. The Wii motion is too sensitive, The Xbox 360 is run by a money grubbing corporation, and the ps3 cost to much for what its worth. And all of them dont have any good games, in about a year they will be good, because there are new lines of games and additions to the consoles

5,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
xbox 360 is the best

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items