Welcome to Gaia! ::

At least we still have Agito.

Oh wait, iPhone.
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi

Not really an accurate statement according to Wada

Apparently most internet sites don't how to properly quote someone...
I fail to see how this changes anything.

"What I said at the earnings press conference was just that until a formal announcement is made at the announcement time, all points about all titles are not finalized."

Doesn't exactly mean there's a good chance that Versus XIII is coming to the 360. It's just the same cover your a@@ statement made by every company that isn't owned by Sony or Microsoft. So how does it change anything? You're right it doesn't... we're right back where we were before that statement was made. Speculating something that hasn't been announced one way or another. For now it's still very much a PS3 exclusive. The same way that Mass Effect 2 was still very much a 360 exclusive. All the comments about them thinking about it... apparently were never said. Which is why I said "Apparently most internet sites don't how to properly quote someone". Because apparently, they don't.
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi

"What I said at the earnings press conference was just that until a formal announcement is made at the announcement time, all points about all titles are not finalized."

Doesn't exactly mean there's a good chance that Versus XIII is coming to the 360. It's just the same cover your a@@ statement made by every company that isn't owned by Sony or Microsoft. So how does it change anything? You're right it doesn't... we're right back where we were before that statement was made. Speculating something that hasn't been announced one way or another. For now it's still very much a PS3 exclusive. The same way that Mass Effect 2 was still very much a 360 exclusive. All the comments about them thinking about it... apparently were never said. Which is why I said "Apparently most internet sites don't how to properly quote someone". Because apparently, they don't.
Not true. The first statement was about "looking into", and instead of outright denying it (as with a game like Mass Effect 2 or even MGS4), they gave a runaround answer.

"Cover your a**" statement? Maybe, but it's still more that we got than Death has for almost any game he mentioned going to PS3.
bani-mirl45
Kiree Tenshi

Realize that Bioware refused to comment on the console exclusivity of Mass Effect 2 for a very long time. It's obviously a possibility that versus XIII will be released on the 360, but I think it's less likely than more likely right now. XIII didn't exactly have the best sales for the 360 and I doubt it was cheap to produce. Not to mention Nomura's stance on the subject. I'm pretty sure it's just a CYA statement. They're pretty common in the video game industry these days.

Uh, Bioware didn't refuse to comment on it.
They outright said it would ME2 and the whole trilogy would be xbox only several times.

No, EA said it would be XBox only several times. Bioware said no comment up until about a month before the game's release. Not to mention the false listings of Mass Effect 2 as a PS3 game.

Mass Effect 2 listed for PS3

Bioware evasive about Mass Effect 2 being an exclusive

Bioware states they could make a PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 if they wanted to

It wasn't up until about a month or two before launch that they outright denied the possibility of a PS3 version of the game.
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi

Not true. The first statement was about "looking into", and instead of outright denying it (as with a game like Mass Effect 2 or even MGS4), they gave a runaround answer.

"Cover your a**" statement? Maybe, but it's still more that we got than Death has for almost any game he mentioned going to PS3.

Bioware made the same run around answer with Mass Effect 2 up until very close to the release date. See my statement above.

I'm not Death and I'm not denying the possibility (I outright said it is a possibility). However, it's very much an unsubstantiated rumor at this point. There's no reason to believe Versus XIII is going to the 360 especially since he never even addressed Versus XIII with that statement. The quote was very much taken out of context. He simply said all Square Enix games until officially announced as exclusives are not guaranteed to remain exclusive. I don't see how that means
Versus XIII is probably coming to the 360. I also don't see why you're arguing with me on this. It's not like I'm stating anything that isn't common knowledge. I simply pointed out a misquote and apparently now Wada is wrong for stating that it was a misquote. So go tell Wada to stop misquoting his misquotes on his twitter page. There's no point in talking about this anymore.
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi

Bioware made the same run around answer with Mass Effect 2 up until very close to the release date. See my statement above.
But is started with a listing, and not a "we're looking into it" slip up. Moreover, your second article specifies that the rep had to be pressed to give that answer.
Kiree Tenshi
bani-mirl45
Kiree Tenshi

Realize that Bioware refused to comment on the console exclusivity of Mass Effect 2 for a very long time. It's obviously a possibility that versus XIII will be released on the 360, but I think it's less likely than more likely right now. XIII didn't exactly have the best sales for the 360 and I doubt it was cheap to produce. Not to mention Nomura's stance on the subject. I'm pretty sure it's just a CYA statement. They're pretty common in the video game industry these days.

They outright said it would ME2 and the whole trilogy would be xbox only several times.

No, EA said it would be XBox only several times. Bioware said no comment up until about a month before the game's release. Not to mention the false listings of Mass Effect 2 as a PS3 game.

It wasn't up until about a month or two before launch that they outright denied the possibility of a PS3 version of the game.

http://play.tm/news/27185/bioware-deny-mass-effect-2-ps3-plans/

From October of last year.
You have to realize that bioware saying "No, that listing is wrong. It wont happen." Is the same as saying "It aint coming onto the PS3."

Also, that last link about them making mass effect for PS3 was not about mass effect 2 at all, because it was about Mass Effect 1!
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes

But is started with a listing, and not a "we're looking into it" slip up. Moreover, your second article specifies that the rep had to be pressed to give that answer.

There were also a couple slip ups made on Bioware's part by PR that stated that Mass Effect 2 is "probably" coming to the PS3.

Mass Effect 2 probably coming to PS3

That was MUCH more of a slip up than we're looking into it. Which... according to Wada, was taken completely out of context. He said:

So yes Versus XIII is a "possibility on the 360". It's always a "possibility" up until close to release. Read into it what you will. It's pretty black and white what's being said. This just begs the question, "Why is he responding to the rumors if the game is probably coming out for the 360?" It's just a maybe. Definitely not a probably like everyone's making it out to be.
Kiree Tenshi
Bunny-Man Returns
ShadowNightDragoonDranimi
Kiree Tenshi

Most bestbuys I let them sell me anything not computer related.

I used to work for best buy in the computer department. I quit after they kept pushing me to tell the customers that they need this $50 antivirus software... I had to tell them that they weren't smart enough to install said software by themselves and they needed a "licensed professional", geek squad are promoted based on sales more than technical knowledge by the way, to insert the CD into the drive for them. That cost an additional $40, might be more now. I just flat out refused to do it. I'd promote anti-virus software to a degree, but honestly I'd tell them flat out if you don't click on banners and ads you probably won't need it. As for installing it, I'd just tell them to put the CD in the drive and click next a few times. They don't need to pay $40 for something that takes 3 minutes to do. I was honestly disgusted by how much they rip off customers. I understand they're a business and they want to make money, but seriously? It's a rip off. I did love the 5% above cost purchases though. I owned a lot more anime, CDs, and games after that. In any case, my employment experience with Best Buy was mixed. They're a nice company to work for as long as you don't mind sticking it to the customer. Enough said. Though, working in a section other than computers probably wouldn't be quite as bad.

Bestbuy is realy good at abusing one of the realities of computers the aravage joe/jane is scared to death of the thing.
If it wasnt for the interwebz the amount of computer in house holds would be way down.
Frankly, it's no different than letting Jiffy Lube change the oil in your car...

It's a service, completely optional. It's not for everyone, but believe what you want, some customers really do want other people to take care of their computers.

I can change the oil in my car, but I am more than happy to pay someone to do it... Mainly because I don't feel like it most of the time.

The difference is Jiffy Lube doesn't charge $100/hr for their time like Best Buy. Some of the things people bring their computers in for could be solved by simply running Adaware in safe mode, and yet Best Buy charge over $100 for something that takes about 2 minutes of their time. Most computer shops would still charge a good $50... but geek squad is very very overpriced. They also go the normal mechanic route of not telling you how much it will cost until you want your computer back. Which I have no words to explain how thoroughly wrong that is... anyway, they simply rip off the customer big time. Don't get me wrong, people with little intelligence do annoy me the same as most other people... that doesn't mean it's okay to take advantage of them. It could also be that I have much too high a sense of morality for the wellfare of others.
Having done comparison shopping at the other shops around in my area (SLC too), they are either the same price as BB, or more expensive for the same kind of service.

There isn't a single thing out there save for in-home sku's that are 100/hr.

It's not normal (or even approved) protocol to not quote the customer up front the cost of the repair.

You're taking a look at this from the standpoint of a knowledgeable user... Not to break anything new to you, but most computer users don't know a damn thing about the product they are using.

And no, most problems can't be solved by running Adaware in safe mode, and with how hackers are lacing cookies with bugs that will lead to severe infections, an active anti-virus is more than needed these days...

So, before you take this tone with me again, know that I'm not a bullshitter... Yes, the average user is undereducated on computing, but what you say is not very accurate.
bani-mirl45
Kiree Tenshi
bani-mirl45
Kiree Tenshi

http://play.tm/news/27185/bioware-deny-mass-effect-2-ps3-plans/

From October of last year.
You have to realize that bioware saying "No, that listing is wrong. It wont happen." Is the same as saying "It aint coming onto the PS3."

Also, that last link about them making mass effect for PS3 was not about mass effect 2 at all, because it was about Mass Effect 1!

Notice my second response that cites an article with Bioware PR slipping up and saying the game will probably be released on the PS3. There was a LOT of misquoting and a lot of slip ups made by Bioware and EA before the release of Mass Effect 2. Not just a mislisting. That's just one of a few.

Eh, you're right about the second quote, it still doesn't change Bioware's PR stating that Mass Effect 2 is "probably" coming out for the PS3. That was the biggest slip up. So pretend it didn't happen if you'd like, but honestly there was a lot more reason to believe Mass Effect 2 was coming to the PS3 than a simple "We'll continue to look into it internally until closer to the game's release." Saying it's a possibility is not saying "probably". Enough said.
Bunny-Man Returns
Kiree Tenshi
Bunny-Man Returns
Kiree Tenshi

Most bestbuys I let them sell me anything not computer related.

I used to work for best buy in the computer department. I quit after they kept pushing me to tell the customers that they need this $50 antivirus software... I had to tell them that they weren't smart enough to install said software by themselves and they needed a "licensed professional", geek squad are promoted based on sales more than technical knowledge by the way, to insert the CD into the drive for them. That cost an additional $40, might be more now. I just flat out refused to do it. I'd promote anti-virus software to a degree, but honestly I'd tell them flat out if you don't click on banners and ads you probably won't need it. As for installing it, I'd just tell them to put the CD in the drive and click next a few times. They don't need to pay $40 for something that takes 3 minutes to do. I was honestly disgusted by how much they rip off customers. I understand they're a business and they want to make money, but seriously? It's a rip off. I did love the 5% above cost purchases though. I owned a lot more anime, CDs, and games after that. In any case, my employment experience with Best Buy was mixed. They're a nice company to work for as long as you don't mind sticking it to the customer. Enough said. Though, working in a section other than computers probably wouldn't be quite as bad.

Bestbuy is realy good at abusing one of the realities of computers the aravage joe/jane is scared to death of the thing.
If it wasnt for the interwebz the amount of computer in house holds would be way down.
Frankly, it's no different than letting Jiffy Lube change the oil in your car...

It's a service, completely optional. It's not for everyone, but believe what you want, some customers really do want other people to take care of their computers.

I can change the oil in my car, but I am more than happy to pay someone to do it... Mainly because I don't feel like it most of the time.

The difference is Jiffy Lube doesn't charge $100/hr for their time like Best Buy. Some of the things people bring their computers in for could be solved by simply running Adaware in safe mode, and yet Best Buy charge over $100 for something that takes about 2 minutes of their time. Most computer shops would still charge a good $50... but geek squad is very very overpriced. They also go the normal mechanic route of not telling you how much it will cost until you want your computer back. Which I have no words to explain how thoroughly wrong that is... anyway, they simply rip off the customer big time. Don't get me wrong, people with little intelligence do annoy me the same as most other people... that doesn't mean it's okay to take advantage of them. It could also be that I have much too high a sense of morality for the wellfare of others.
Having done comparison shopping at the other shops around in my area (SLC too), they are either the same price as BB, or more expensive for the same kind of service.

It's not normal (or even approved) protocol to not quote the customer up front the cost of the repair.

You're taking a look at this from the standpoint of a knowledgeable user... Not to break anything new to you, but most computer users don't know a damn thing about the product they are using.

And no, most problems can't be solved by running Adaware in safe mode, and with how hackers are lacing cookies with bugs that will lead to severe infections, an active anti-virus is more than needed these days...

So, before you take this tone with me again, know that I'm not a bullshitter... Yes, the average user is undereducated on computing, but what you say is not very accurate.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I took no "tone" with you. I stated my opinion. Most viruses are easy to fix. Active anti-virus does little more than slow down your computer. Running an anti-virus all the time, searching through every single file that's modified, slows down everything you do on your computer a ton. It's not a good thing to have running in the background. It eats up so many system resources and it's very rarely necessary. Especially when the easiest way to not get viruses is just stay away from questionable websites. Don't click on banners. Problem solved. I don't have an anti-virus on my system and I get a virus maybe once every few months at most. Most are very easy to fix. Sure, I end up formatting my system maybe once a year or two because of a particularly nasty virus that eats up safe mode, but that's just because I'm too lazy to create a boot disk to fix the issue.

Most viruses take very little time to fix. You can just google search most of them to find the quickest way to resolve them. Also, I know of customers who went to get their computer at the Best Buy I worked at, found out they owed over $500 in repairs, and threw a tantrum in the store. I'm not talking from inexperience. I worked at Best Buy. Thanks for assuming I know nothing. I know plenty about computer repair thanks. I'm that guy everyone gives their computers to to fix because they don't want to pay $100/hr... and you're right $100/hr isn't the going rate. $50/hr is the going rate, or at least it was a couple years ago. However, Best Buy charges over $100/hr for many things they do with computers. Hell they charge over $30 just to install a program.

Also, prices on services vary depending on your location. I lived in CA at the time. Obviously prices are "little" higher in CA than most of the US. So, before you go calling me a liar, maybe you should take into account a few other minor details. Thanks for being so understanding of other people's opinions though. It's always nice to find a fellow human being who doesn't jump to conclusions.
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes

There were also a couple slip ups made on Bioware's part by PR that stated that Mass Effect 2 is "probably" coming to the PS3.

That was MUCH more of a slip up than we're looking into it. Which... according to Wada, was taken completely out of context. He said:

So yes Versus XIII is a "possibility on the 360". It's always a "possibility" up until close to release. Read into it what you will. It's pretty black and white what's being said. This just begs the question, "Why is he responding to the rumors if the game is probably coming out for the 360?" It's just a maybe. Definitely not a probably like everyone's making it out to be.
I read that article, and all it was was a string up ********, with the most credible thing (that had not been debunked already) being false listings. However, there was also a time where Bioshock was NOT listed for 360, but WAS listed for PS3. Version listings mean little to nothing.

And again, it still wasn't "we're looking into", and it was followed up by "Hell no" at least once. Versus got the "we're looking into" quote, then a massive runaround quote. They didn't even go into the "it's possible" shpeel, but exactly what you quoted above, which only opens the can of worms further.
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes

I read that article, and all it was was a string up ********, with the most credible thing (that had not been debunked already) being false listings. However, there was also a time where Bioshock was NOT listed for 360, but WAS listed for PS3. Version listings mean little to nothing.

And again, it still wasn't "we're looking into", and it was followed up by "Hell no" at least once. Versus got the "we're looking into" quote, then a massive runaround quote. They didn't even go into the "it's possible" shpeel, but exactly what you quoted above, which only opens the can of worms further.

PR for Bioware did say "Mass Effect 2 is probably coming out on the PS3." It was ALL over the interwebz for about a week after until Bioware said it's not. I'm done with this debate. It's quite frankly annoying. Apparently we must all believe that Versus XIII is DEFINITELY coming out for the 360. God forbid someone have a differing opinion. Why do I keep coming back here? If anyone says anything that could possibly be taken as a favorable statement toward the PS3 everyone jumps on that person like they're the anti-christ. I understand your reactions toward Death, but come on. I'm saying very VERY clearly that it's a possibility, but far from a definite thing and you're still arguing with me. Why the hell are you arguing with me? Stop being hypocrites. That being said I'm gone again. Have a great life. This is about the most biased unbiased console wars thread I've ever seen.
Kiree Tenshi
Bunny-Man Returns
Kiree Tenshi
Bunny-Man Returns

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I took no "tone" with you. I stated my opinion. Most viruses are easy to fix. Active anti-virus does little more than slow down your computer. Running an anti-virus all the time, searching through every single file that's modified, slows down everything you do on your computer a ton. It's not a good thing to have running in the background. It eats up so many system resources and it's very rarely necessary. Especially when the easiest way to not get viruses is just stay away from questionable websites. Don't click on banners. Problem solved. I don't have an anti-virus on my system and I get a virus maybe once every few months at most. Most are very easy to fix. Sure, I end up formatting my system maybe once a year or two because of a particularly nasty virus that eats up safe mode, but that's just because I'm too lazy to create a boot disk to fix the issue.

Most viruses take very little time to fix. You can just google search most of them to find the quickest way to resolve them. Also, I know of customers who went to get their computer at the Best Buy I worked at, found out they owed over $500 in repairs, and threw a tantrum in the store. I'm not talking from inexperience. I worked at Best Buy. Thanks for assuming I know nothing. I know plenty about computer repair thanks. I'm that guy everyone gives their computers to to fix because they don't want to pay $100/hr... and you're right $100/hr isn't the going rate. $50/hr is the going rate, or at least it was a couple years ago. However, Best Buy charges over $100/hr for many things they do with computers. Hell they charge over $30 just to install a program.

Also, prices on services vary depending on your location. I lived in CA at the time. Obviously prices are "little" higher in CA than most of the US. So, before you go calling me a liar, maybe you should take into account a few other minor details. Thanks for being so understanding of other people's opinions though. It's always nice to find a fellow human being who doesn't jump to conclusions.
Nice that you have an opinion, even if it's incorrect. Just so you know, not every AV is as bad as Norton.

Clicking on banners are not the biggest concern any more, major reputable sites have been laced with bugs that will lead to viruses, trojans and keyloggers. Sony.com was hit a couple years back, local website KSL.com is still suffering from worms and trojans that latch on just by visiting the site. Neither of which are questionable, and the infections that those have caused are not easy to remedy... You saying so however leads me to question your true intellect on the matter.

$30 for software that could require a few updates, and may not run right depending on what else your system is running is not a bad guarantee.

Also, good for you, you WORKED for Best Buy, past tense because of your apparent headstrong attitude on the matter of computers... I WORK for Best Buy, and can tell you that either...

A) You're pulling s**t out of your a**.
B) You worked at a shitty store.
c) Both.
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes
Kiree Tenshi
Mr Jawes

PR for Bioware did say "Mass Effect 2 is probably coming out on the PS3." It was ALL over the interwebz for about a week after until Bioware said it's not. I'm done with this debate. It's quite frankly annoying. Apparently we must all believe that Versus XIII is DEFINITELY coming out for the 360. God forbid someone have a differing opinion. Why do I keep coming back here? If anyone says anything that could possibly be taken as a favorable statement toward the PS3 everyone jumps on that person like they're the anti-christ. I understand your reactions toward Death, but come on. I'm saying very VERY clearly that it's a possibility, but far from a definite thing and you're still arguing with me. Why the hell are you arguing with me? Stop being hypocrites. That being said I'm gone again. Have a great life. This is about the most biased unbiased console wars thread I've ever seen.
Don't b***h at me for getting your feelings hurt.

And if this thread is biased at all, it's FOR the PS3. Just too bad that the resistance to that requires nuclear warfare.

It takes a lot less for a Sony fanwank to go on a "game coming to PS3" frenzy, while any mention of a game going to 360 being the work of Satan. EVERY exclusive game is golden, and if it went to 360, the GAME is s**t (not just the 360 version).

And for the record, I never said Versus WAS coming to 360. I was simply trying to point out that the original post by Langlen (and paired with your counter, I might add), is more proof that a game is losing PS3 exclusivity than what sets most PS3 fanwanks off. In addition to that, my initial response to that original article pointed out that Death would firmly deny it, despite being the biggest hypocrite of them all.

But I digress. Go on. Have a nice trip.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces