Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
In the news right now, UK retailer GAME won't be stocking Mario Party 9, Mass Effect 3 or any EA games past SSX in March. EPIC FAIL.

They also previously pulled their release of The Last Story from sale at the last second.

What do you guys think?
How long till they go out of business?? gonk

update 1
More info from another poster:

Dampylle
If you do a little digging the story is even worse.

GAME basically tried to make demands of all their publishers to increase their profits because they are having some business trouble. Among this was demanding Ubisoft pay for shelf space or they would not stock Ubisoft Vita launch titles... Ubisoft said no, they refused to cary the games. Same thing here, their credit has gone to s**t so they demanded better credit terms of EA and had no real right to do so... EA said no to the demands so GAME decided not to carry EA games.

This is all GAME trying to dictate to people, it had nothing to do with companies like EA or Ubisoft beyond them not feeling like letting GAME bully them into terms that would cost them more than what was previously agreed on.

But you want the real messed up part... GAME is not offering refunds for pre-orders, only store credit. So not only can the customer not get ME3 there, they have to come up with money to buy it somewhere else because GAME will not refund them cash.

Update 2
The Australian retailer GAME have confirmed on facebook they will still be stocking ME3.

GAME AUS
Following on from this morning's statement, Mass Effect 3 will definitely be available through GAME Australia. We look forward to seeing you on launch day?

Update 3

GGUK reports also will not be stocking Street Fighter X Tekken or Asura's Wrath!! gonk
Somehow I think they are going to have to have a name change soon, or you know... actually stock some games.

Aged Citizen

That's just in the UK though, right?

7,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
FenrisVollmond
That's just in the UK though, right?

Currently they're specifying the UK retailer, but then they have companies around the world. I would think if the origin division goes bust, they're all in serious trouble o_O;;
That's what happen when you fail to pay publishers.

Blessed Poster

So bunch of EA games....seems they are doing people a favor

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
their death, though theyre the only ones in Sweden that sells video games besides game stop.
they're pretty far away anyway, way back in haninge, so i dont shop there too often anyway.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Glad we've got Gamestop instead, tbh.

Lonely Master

I'm betting that they will soon be bought out by Gamestop and close a ton of the stores.
Games like Mass Effect 3 give the store guaranteed profit. refusing to stock is shows they are struggling.

I just feel bad for anyone that pre-ordered the N7 Edition... Those things are extremely hard to find.

User Image

Hallowed Hunter

SaviorSeven

I just feel bad for anyone that pre-ordered the N7 Edition... Those things are extremely hard to find.

User Image

User Image

That'd be me. Pre-ordered it months ago and now its sold out everywhere.

I wanted to give them my money but I'm seriously considering just pirating it now.

User Image

Lonely Master

Dardanos Immortalis
SaviorSeven

User Image

[x]

That'd be me. Pre-ordered it months ago and now its sold out everywhere.

I wanted to give them my money but I'm seriously considering just pirating it now.

[x]

If you're going to pirate it because of the boycott, then you're still not proving anything. You're having your cake and eating it too.
Just because you can't get the N7 Edition doesn't mean you shouldn't buy the game.

User Image

7,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
SaviorSeven
You're having your cake and eating it too.

Hmmm... cake is good. And eating cake is good!
THIS MAN IS A GENIUS heart
If you do a little digging the story is even worse.

GAME basically tried to make demands of all their publishers to increase their profits because they are having some business trouble. Among this was demanding Ubisoft pay for shelf space or they would not stock Ubisoft Vita launch titles... Ubisoft said no, they refused to cary the games. Same thing here, their credit has gone to s**t so they demanded better credit terms of EA and had no real right to do so... EA said no to the demands so GAME decided not to carry EA games.

This is all GAME trying to dictate to people, it had nothing to do with companies like EA or Ubisoft beyond them not feeling like letting GAME bully them into terms that would cost them more than what was previously agreed on.

But you want the real messed up part... GAME is not offering refunds for pre-orders, only store credit. So not only can the customer not get ME3 there, they have to come up with money to buy it somewhere else because GAME will not refund them cash.
No one is allowed to talk s**t about Gamestop anymore.

7,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Cocaine Samurai
No one is allowed to talk s**t about Gamestop anymore.

NO WE SHALL COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING. rofl
EEEEVEERYYYTHIIIIING!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas