Welcome to Gaia! ::

Disaster Femme's Husband

Those types of retailers have always had shady business practices, but damn.

Aged Citizen

Just read GAMEAus update on Facebook.. woohoo, it doesn't include us.

Suck it. biggrin

Naw, but really, that just sucks. sad Especially since those that put a preorder down for the CE version of ME3 won't even be getting their money back to purchase a copy somewhere else.. store credit, whoo.. ugh.. sad

Anxious Gekko

5,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Its the same with Gamestation i pre ordered ME3 and they emailed me back saying that they cannot stock it and i now have £5 in store credit...but i want Mass Effect sad

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sucks to be you.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Dampylle

This is all GAME trying to dictate to people, it had nothing to do with companies like EA or Ubisoft beyond them not feeling like letting GAME bully them into terms that would cost them more than what was previously agreed on.

But GAME is in the place to do that.

For you Lot not from the UK GAME holds a Near monopoly on Video games in the UK

There is no other place bar major supermarket chains (who have started to price them at 'sane' prices at long last) to go and buy Video games

the only reason EA is doing this is because the major supermarket chains (Tesco Adsa and the like) and Steam and the like have started eating in to that monopoly.

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
Mmm... First world problems.
This seems like an epically bad business choice given that: 1. All the competing retailers will still stock them. 2. E-sales (the no.1 enemy of retailers) will benefit.

Hallowed Hunter

SaviorSeven

User Image

It's not about proving anything. It's more about not giving them money because they have treat their customers this way.

I'll probably end up getting the digital N7 edition off Origin but its not the same.

User Image
Luckily for the UK, there's an amazing place called Game Station which is much better then Game! I'm sure there are more, but my main one is Game Station closely followed by CEX... or HMV...

Riunite's Fav

Assimilated Player

10,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Dampylle
But you want the real messed up part... GAME is not offering refunds for pre-orders, only store credit. So not only can the customer not get ME3 there, they have to come up with money to buy it somewhere else because GAME will not refund them cash.

If you shop there you'll know that GAME do this for anything, including game-trades. They don't give back money.

@ OP: I'd also like to point out that GAME isn't the only retailer we have here.

Lonely Master

Dardanos Immortalis
SaviorSeven

[x]

It's not about proving anything. It's more about not giving them money because they have treat their customers this way.

I'll probably end up getting the digital N7 edition off Origin but its not the same.

[x]

PC users pirate games all the time. If you're in bed with the boycott, it's about not playing the game until it's complete.
I still don't know if that would be the reason you pirate it, but TotalBiscuit can explain it better than I.

User Image
Comrade Texada Wolf
Dampylle

This is all GAME trying to dictate to people, it had nothing to do with companies like EA or Ubisoft beyond them not feeling like letting GAME bully them into terms that would cost them more than what was previously agreed on.

But GAME is in the place to do that.

For you Lot not from the UK GAME holds a Near monopoly on Video games in the UK

There is no other place bar major supermarket chains (who have started to price them at 'sane' prices at long last) to go and buy Video games

the only reason EA is doing this is because the major supermarket chains (Tesco Adsa and the like) and Steam and the like have started eating in to that monopoly.
Except according to the reports that little bit of digging turned up... game was doing it because they could not afford the current terms for purchase. They specifically told publishers they were having fiscal issues and needed credit terms extended... then tried to strong arm saying if it did not happen they would not carry games.

It would be like if someone's credit went south enough that they could not make a large credit purchase, and they did not have enough cash for the purchase... then then went to the store and demanded they advance the credit to buy it anyway.

Hallowed Hunter

SaviorSeven

User Image

I'm not boycotting it. I didn't even know there was a boycott.

It's more an Issue of: I wanted to give them money for a specific product. Then a week before said product is to be released, they say, oh wait, tough luck, go get it somewhere else, which I can't because its out in a week and its already sold out everywhere else.

User Image

7,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Gawd, more bad news.
They won't be stocking Street Fighter X Tekken or Asura's Wrath!?

wtf guyz.
MajikAly
Gawd, more bad news.
They won't be stocking Street Fighter X Tekken or Asura's Wrath!?

wtf guyz.
So that makes EA, Capcom, and Nintnedo... at this rate them demanding credit terms is going to leave them with no where near enough titles to sell to actually dig themselves out of the whole their credit is in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff