Welcome to Gaia! ::

I had a Wii and I remember there being pretty bad games for it. The only one that my brother and I liked was one called Heatseeker. All the other titles were childish platformers like Mario this and Mario universe that with a few fighting games. Very few action games, RPGs, and FPSs. The Wii seems to lack a giant chunk of genres in gaming.

I find it odd that a console can survive off of two or maybe three genres. Anyone interested in enlightening me?
>mario universe
I think nintendo have always been some what childish, they are more for kids and for fat people wishing to do workouts, the wii isnt for proper gamers I dont think.

Generous Lover

13,775 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
It never is about the about mount of genres a system has. It's about the content that is provided and who the target audience is. Just because something is not for "true gamers" doesn't mean that it isn't for others.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Saying things to the effect of "There's nothing outside of Mario and Zelda to get the system for" shows, blatantly, that no research into its better titles was done.

Blessed Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I always figured it was for the more family oriented fun play games. neutral

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
What link said, the wii has a good archive of games outside of the mario and zelda franchise.

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Kafkaesquire
Phrozen Pikachu

Care to list a few?

Fatal Frame IV
Sin and Punishment
Muramasa
Resident Evil DC
Xenoblade (but thats getting a 3ds port)
Metroid Prime 3
Sonic Colours
Trauma Center
Last Story

Mega Man-Lover

Wii is a party system. I only ever play it when friends are over on the weekends so I only have great memories of it.

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Kafkaesquire
Phrozen Pikachu

Fatal Frame IV was only released in Japan as far as I can tell. Sin and Punishment was made for the Nintendo 64 and is only on the Wii via the Virtual Console. Muramasa is not exclusive to the Wii and I believe the remake for the PS Vita actually outsold it. I assume you're referring to Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles when you say "Resident Evil DC" and if that's the case, it is not a Wii exclusive either. I can give you Xenoblade Chronicles despite the New 3DS port coming out and Sonic Colors but not Metroid Prime 3. Trauma Center and The Last Story are acceptable as well even though I would argue neither is a great game.

Fatal Frame

Fatal Frame didn't come leave Japan, but I had a soft modded wii with fan translation of the game.

Sin & Punishment
Nope a sequel called Star & Sucessor came out I'm not referring to the N64 one.
http://uk.ign.com/games/sin-and-punishment-star-successor/wii-14286412

MM & DC
Both darkside and muramasa are not exclusive but at the time I did play them it was exclusive, (just because its got more port shows its a good game just my opinion), Both are neither remakes its a straight up port.

I would've mentioned wii games like donkey kong country,the kirby game and paper mario but I was tryna be non-mainstream. Well I only said Last Story as I'm more of a jrpg gamer myself. Oh and Fragile Dreams was another one I missed

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kafkaesquire
Phrozen Pikachu

Fatal Frame IV was only released in Japan as far as I can tell. Sin and Punishment was made for the Nintendo 64 and is only on the Wii via the Virtual Console. Muramasa is not exclusive to the Wii and I believe the remake for the PS Vita actually outsold it. I assume you're referring to Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles when you say "Resident Evil DC" and if that's the case, it is not a Wii exclusive either. I can give you Xenoblade Chronicles despite the New 3DS port coming out and Sonic Colors but not Metroid Prime 3. Trauma Center and The Last Story are acceptable as well even though I would argue neither is a great game.

Sin&Punishment Star Successor was on the Wii, so there is that.
There's also No More Heroes 1&2 and Mad World, and Pandora's Tower.
Muramasa on the Wii is also still a perfectly good example of a fantastic Wii game. How it sold compared to the Vita version doesn't make it any less of a good example.

Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3 are all perfectly valid as well, in terms of great Wii games to get outside of Mario and Zelda, despite being first-party.

Then there's also Fire Emblem and various spin-off titles from the main-line entries of Nintendo's franchises, such as Paper Mario.
Oh, and Monster Hunter 3 Tri was also excellent.
smashbrolink
Kafkaesquire
Phrozen Pikachu

Sin&Punishment Star Successor was on the Wii, so there is that.
There's also No More Heroes 1&2 and Mad World, and Pandora's Tower.
Muramasa on the Wii is also still a perfectly good example of a fantastic Wii game. How it sold compared to the Vita version doesn't make it any less of a good example.

Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3 are all perfectly valid as well.

Then there's also Fire Emblem, which for some reason everyone overlooks.

>tfw no one played Battalion Wars 2

emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas