Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I'm not the one who usually buys games in my house, that's my dad, but it sill doesn't mean we don't sometimes get bad games.

I really regret getting Skylanders on the 3DS, and the worst part is that I can't even trade it in at GameStop. Another was Groove Heaven, which I downloaded of Nintendo's e-Shop onto my 3DS. It was a bizarre rhythm-platformer game where you have to tap two buttons in time to the beat, one to go forward and the other to turn. Press either button out of time and you freeze for a moment and are left vulnerable to possible hazards. I would have felt better about it if it had just been a normal platformer. I took it off my 3DS a few days ago.

PocketFoxo's Husbando

Watch Dogs is probably a good ways up there. I mean, Destiny and Titanfall were super overhyped games as well, but I could at least have FUN with them for a bit. But Watch Dogs? It just felt like a watered down GTA clone.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Henrika
I bought Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for wii u. It was so brown and boring and the campaign was TERRIBLE & held your hand every step of the way. I don't know why/how people can play those games and not be bored out of their minds. People who are into shooters are the new casuals IMHO.

People don't play it for the ******** campaign. They go online and get super competitive and it's really ******** stupid. And they don't play it on Nintendo consoles because that's ******** stupid. lol

Getting it on any CoD on anything but the 360 or the PS3 is essentially asking yourself to be ******** kicked in the balls repeatedly.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Titanfall
Destiny
Watch_Dogs
Grand Theft Auto V
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Thief
Battlefield 4

Springtime Spirit

I've been super mega ultra careful about the games I've bought in the last few years. There have been no big losers lately, but if there was one that I was sorely disappointed in (despite liking to an extent) it would be Sands of Destruction.

The battle system is badly bugged or something. To the point where the damage calculations seem totally random and a single type of attack is the only effective one throughout the game. And the plot, which starts out really promising, just falls apart in the middle like they stopped giving a damn. It's a really good concept for a story but they fail to present it well. Since racism was such a core part of the story it should have been represented better. I felt Morte failed to explain or show her reasons for wanting to destroy the world well enough. She talks about all these atrocities and disasters but nothing really convincing happens most of the time save for a few incidents. And Kyrie should be asking more questions. When you get to the last boss it's pretty much "Ok let's kill the boss!".

I feel Naja should have been the main character since the story from his perspective would have had more impact.

I don't hate this game. But it has a lot of problems. sweatdrop
X_Roman_Reloaded_X
Honestly....Fallout? Those games are amazing...I don't see how people can find it boring if they left the vault/first town...guess RPGs aren't for everyone.

-Dark Souls: I don't understand the hype on it, it is not really that hard....just bosses have lots of health and the player has a broken combat system.

I think you figured that one out pretty quick all on your own.

Wealthy Sex Symbol

6,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
HateKnuckle
X_Roman_Reloaded_X
Honestly....Fallout? Those games are amazing...I don't see how people can find it boring if they left the vault/first town...guess RPGs aren't for everyone.

-Dark Souls: I don't understand the hype on it, it is not really that hard....just bosses have lots of health and the player has a broken combat system.

I'm a huge rpg fan, never said Dark Souls was a bad game, just don't understand the huge hype on it being an "incredibly hard - prepare to die" game. Bosses just have large amounts of health, and the combat system is pretty broken. That doesn't mean the game itself is hard.

Edit: And by broken I mean.....basically Roll/Slash rinse repeat rinse repeat rinse repeat for every boss. Other rpgs tend to require a lot more strategy, not a choice between rolling around or rolling between legs of a boss. The combat system just makes it the worst rpg I've played besides Two Worlds. Good Lore/Story, good atmosphere, bad combat.
X_Roman_Reloaded_X
HateKnuckle
X_Roman_Reloaded_X

I'm a huge rpg fan, never said Dark Souls was a bad game, just don't understand the huge hype on it being an "incredibly hard - prepare to die" game. Bosses just have large amounts of health, and the combat system is pretty broken. That doesn't mean the game itself is hard.

Edit: And by broken I mean.....basically Roll/Slash rinse repeat rinse repeat rinse repeat for every boss. Other rpgs tend to require a lot more strategy, not a choice between rolling around or rolling between legs of a boss. The combat system just makes it the worst rpg I've played besides Two Worlds. Good Lore/Story, good atmosphere, bad combat.
I'm not saying that you said it was a bad game. You said that RPGs aren't for everyone but you could have concluded that from your disinterest in Dark Souls rather than the disinterest shown here about Fallout.

Wealthy Sex Symbol

6,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
HateKnuckle
X_Roman_Reloaded_X
HateKnuckle
X_Roman_Reloaded_X

I'm not saying that you said it was a bad game. You said that RPGs aren't for everyone but you could have concluded that from your disinterest in Dark Souls rather than the disinterest shown here about Fallout.

Its not really a disinterest in Dark Souls, but a disinterest in its combat style. I actually didn't mind playing through it, just thought the combat system could have been better. For me, it is more weighed on not understanding why it was hyped as an extremely difficult game, even by my real life friends who have played it, yet didn't hold up to being difficult. I guess all the hype it had, I thought it would be...more difficult but still hold some fluidity in combat. Combat system aside, I still enjoyed it.
The Dropkick JD
Beyoncening
I would say Fallout, it's boring

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Did... did you play past the tutorial?

Nop

Magnetic Sex Symbol

4,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
titan fall

i just ******** hate it. wall running is cool, thats it.

ff13
i dont even think i need to go here. coming from someone who was like "ohmygod all the shiny cutscenes, give us more cutscenes" i didnt realize i should have added, but 3 cds worth is a little much. and so linear. like a ******** straight line across the cds with the occasional as shown ON the map dead end left turn leading to a chest with s**t i dont need or s**t i dont want.

eternal sonata

it looked so cute and pretty and the idea was good. but it just failed to execute, the story became confusing sometimes, the fight system was so boring. I tried so hard to power through it hoping it would get better but it never did..

from watching my roomate, watch dogs

the only reason i want to buy it at this point is so i can get away with buying a skull tshirt since my name is clara

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

I rarely buy bad games. I don't buy them soon after release, and I don't buy them before doing tons of research and watching lets plays.

I would say anti-chamber is honestly the worst game I have bought in a long time... it's a pure puzzle game that can't be solved with logic. >_>

BUT, then I noticed you said 5 years. I bought MAG for the PS3 when it first came out, I have NO IDEA why I thought I'd like it. It was trash, boring, barely connected to the internet. UUGH. It was funny, when i want up to gamestop to complain about it, two other people were there doing the same thing and we ranted about how bad it was, and the guy who worked up at game stop who talked all of us into buying it. cat_rofl

Glad I have steam, and can look at reviews and videos and user reviews now, instead of basing by purchasing choices on the back of the box and what the guy who is payed to sell me games says!

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dangerous Genius

HateKnuckle
X_Roman_Reloaded_X
HateKnuckle
X_Roman_Reloaded_X

Having played Dark Souls I don't think that the combat system is broken at all. I could have done better myself though up to the point where I am. My stats are way out of balance.

Rogue

I totally agree with Destiny. From what I understood of the advertising, it was going to be a shooter MMO. Cool! After all, I totally loved Defiance (even though it was a TPS and not FPS) so I was ecstatic to hear about another console MMO. Little did I know that the tower would be the only time you'd ever seem to see more than 5 people at any given time. I understand that the small maps would become congested if they had one megaserver, but if they actually...you know, made the world/maps really big and had enemies spawn in numerous different places like in every MMO in existence, they could have easily pulled it off. Aside from the misleading advertisements, the cookie cutter missions were atrocious.

Gears of War: Judgment is another big one that let me down. The Bulletstorm-esque gameplay was awful to get through, and that really sucked since I played the first 3 Gears 5+ times each. I don't want to be graded based on how many headshots I got within the 10-15 minute level, I just want an interesting story with many different mission objectives, not "Go to this building, put up your defenses, kill these 50 waves of enemies, whoops...looks like you only get 2 stars because your teammates took most of your kills."

Even though I rented it and didn't buy it, I'm still going to say Lords of the Fallen. I'm okay with tough basic enemies who drain your HP quickly even though they have 5x as much as you (hello, Dark Souls NG+ and on). But drawn out battles that take 30+ minutes? ******** that. I didn't feel any sense of accomplishment upon beating a boss in this game. Meanwhile in Dark Souls, I had an adrenaline rush just fighting the damn NPC invaders. It feels like LotF tried to be a miniature Dark Souls but still had to be unique, so they decided to take everything that was right with Dark Souls and completely butcher it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff