Welcome to Gaia! ::

The worst games you have bought during the last 5 years.

1. Destiny
I can't believe I have spend 70 Euro on this trash. Almost everything about it is bad.
I forced myself to play this game for 1 month to give it a chance, but damn I will never go back
to this borefest again. **** Bungie
Destiny is probably the worst game I have ever bought since the day Ive started gaming.

2. SFxT
Ye, Ive been a huge fighting game fan since SF2 on SNES
and this is probably 1 of the most boring fighting games Ive played till now.
It plays so robotic slowly and boring.
Ye, it has a huge roster, but when the gameplay is THIS BAD, they can make
a 200 character roster and I wouldnt care. Make the gameplay good with only 12 characters > a big roster
anytime. What a failure on game.

3. Grid 2
Can't believe I have bought this game.
Damn while the first 1 was so great the sec one was so bad.
Almost everything from handling, tracks, music, no cockpit views and and and except the graphics are
blw mediocre.

Heroic Senshi

SimCity

Did I really spend $60 on an incomplete watered down version of SimCity 2000? I've boycotted EA since.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Super Sailor Moon
SimCity

Did I really spend $60 on an incomplete watered down version of SimCity 2000? I've boycotted EA since.
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

I actually let friends talk me into it. I can't believe I did. The always on requirement should have had me running away screaming NOPENBOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPNEOEPON after the disaster that was Diablo 3's launch, BUT I STILL GOT THE STUPID GAME.

I swore off letting my friends talk me into buying games ever again crying

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
It's what I didn't "buy" in the past five years that only matters. And by that, I mean, Ride To Hell: Retribution and Mindjack. I was disappointed with Ride To Hell, because when I first saw it, it was supposed to be an open-world/sandbox game with motorcycles but that's what happens when it's been in development for 8 or 12 years. In other words, things change and not always for the better. Now onto Mindjack, a game that's "premise" was akin to Ghost in The Shell. It had a lot of great things going for it like the mechanics, premise, and story but all that really mattered was the execution of everything which was downright horrible. And this is coming from a company that developed/helped make some good and even great games.

Other than that, I usually do my research before and my business with GameStop when I buy games that are used so I'm never really burned on what I've purchased. That's not to say that I don't purchase new/support the developers, I'm just not one to purchase a game straight at release and at the price-point of $60 or purchase a new game that I have no way of getting rid of without trading it in or selling it online for even less. Which are two things that I don’t do quite as frequently anymore. I'd rather keep a hold of the games that I like by being frugal over the ones that I don't. All that being said, I actually enjoyed Grid 2. But I also happened to get it for "free" via PlayStation+ when it was on there. I just need to re-subscribe again and play it.
I bought Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for wii u. It was so brown and boring and the campaign was TERRIBLE & held your hand every step of the way. I don't know why/how people can play those games and not be bored out of their minds. People who are into shooters are the new casuals IMHO.

Luckily it was only $20 when I bought it, and I sold it to EB games for $13 + 30% preorder trade credit.

I also bought Pokemon X, and while it's definitely one of the better Pokemon games in a long while, I think I've just outgrown them and I found it pretty boring. The whole time I felt like I was playing a watered-down Shin Megami Tensei game, and then went "why am I not playing SMT4 right now!?".

Oh aaaaand Watch Dogs for Wii U was delayed, and I sort of feel like I dodged a bullet there. I had it on preorder but cancelled it when it was delayed w/o launch date and then the reviews came out.... lol.
Gheistly
Henrika
People who are into shooters are the new casuals IMHO.

This coming from someone who plays Pokemon of all things. rolleyes
I literally just said I didn't. *shakes head*
it was the free game of that half of the month with "games with gold", and it was monoco.

this was the first game I got a clear idea of what "rogue-like" was all about,I never really put in any effort to find out about it. and I detested it greatly.

didn't pay for it, still regret wasting time on it.
Gheistly
Henrika

No, that is not what you said. You said that you found that particular game boring and that you believe you may have outgrown them but that does not change the fact that you have played them.
lol so a game that I last enjoyed when I was 10 will forever influence what "type" of "gamer" I am? Ok then.
Gheistly
Henrika
lol so a game that I last enjoyed when I was 10 will forever influence what "type" of "gamer" I am? Ok then.

Then your statement would contradict the one you made earlier:

Quote:
one of the better Pokemon games in a long while
I don't think you understand what the word "contradiction" means.

I was bored of pokemon games when I was around 10, and the fact that I even bothered to give it another go was because they've made significant improvements. It turned out to still be boring though.
Gheistly
Henrika

I am well aware of what it means but your statement would imply that you have played others (recently) and that particular game is better than them. Rather than getting upset with me because you worded your post poorly you could acknowledge what you did, apologize for it, and then move on.
Except I didn't word my post poorly. The most recent game I played (X) was significantly better than the previous game I had played (Pokemon Red) but still could not hold my interest. I'm sorry you suck at reading comprehension, but there's nothing that I can do to fix that.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
I tend to be very selective in what games I buy, so I often use reviews as a way to gauge if a game would be worth the price to buy it. So I have played very few bad games in the past 5 years, but one that I can bring up is Dark Void. Now I didn't buy it, my friend bought it so I borrowed it because, you know, why not. Now I will say I really enjoyed the jetpack gameplay, but nothing else about the game really stood out. It wasn't bad, but it was horribly mediocre.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff