Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm only posting this to ease myself from the more recent games but...
Seeing as the new movie is coming, I felt like asking.
Did anyone like this game?
Let's be frank about most of the problems:
Yes, Framerate was weird while roaming Silent Hill.
Yes, The voice actors could have been better.
Yes, for once this didn't use stuff from other video games disregarding the stuff we saw in the library about Homecoming, which I felt was confusing.
and Yes, most of all, it almost had that Silent Hill feel but will none of the Silent Hill.
I felt like Downpour was it's own game in both a good and bad way.
In the good, for once it didn't involve the Order or Pyramid Head or anything from Previous Games. It was Free Roam with side quests which was pretty cool, and the story was pretty much what a Silent Hill situation is like.
In the bad, besides Framerate, something wasn't right. It wasn't scary which alot of Silent Hill games have been lacking ever since.... Four? Origins? I don't remember. Sure, some things popped up sometimes but it really could more of that, "Oh my ******** god, there is something around this next corner isn't there?" In Downpour, you could actually hear them and would ready your weapon... not in fear but just because you knew you had to fight something. That is something everyone complains about these days about Silent Hill. Moving on, it failed in scaring me. Voice Actors were so out of it, Megan Fox was in it. Other than that,
Other than that, I liked it because of the good things.
So what is your favorite Silent Hill game? Also making a bet that alot of people will say 2.

Witty Fairy

I say Silent Hill 3 was my favorite one, it brought most of my attention, and pretty much made me go at the edge of my seat most of time I play it.

Enduring Survivor

12,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
Personally I thought Downpour was good. I liked some of the new features in it.
And it actually made references to a lot of the previous games if you payed attention during side quests.
There was also a bonus ending which brought almost every character back from previous games.

Overall, my favorite game is 3. I just thought it had the best story line.
I have yet to play this game, though I am planning on playing it as soon as I get my hands on it. I am not going to lie, I am a horror game collector and will buy the game simply for the fact. If I wind up not liking it I am still going to keep it in it's case on my shelf out of my love of horror gaming.

My favorite has to either be the third. It has a great story and characters. I would have liked the second one more, but I hate the protag.

Witty Phantom

I thought that despite the issues it was decent.

Miiles Upshur's Husband

Apocalyptic Singing

User Image
I didn't think any of it was too bad, but I don't know how to pick up on framerate errors. (Maybe the fact I'm using an old tv adds to that? I dunno.) I liked the voice acting for it, though I won't claim it was perfect. But the graphics- oh my God! They looked like a major improvement from Homecoming. (And as much as I loved Homecoming, those graphics.. oh, those graphics... Alex looked like he had Bell's Palsy in at least one seen it was so bad. Among other things.)

I might have more to pick at once I play it some more, though. I've only gotten to go over one play through so far, so a few more might open up some other issues that I have yet to get to.

I actually think Downpour is my favorite right now, I just wished I could've had some of Homecoming's combat system in it. I had so much fun with that system. Homecoming and 2 come close after Downpour, though.

I disagree about it not being scary, though. Every game I've played (so basically all except 1&3) in the series has scared me out of my mind. Nevermind that I'm a total chickenshit anyway, lol.

User Image

Shirtless Raider

Every silent hill was great! Next to Resident Evil it defined the true humble beginning to the modern horror genre we know and love today

Invisible Hunter

My favorite SH is the first, for obvious reasons, followed very closely by the third because I loved the continuation of the original storyline. As for Downpour, it wasn't great, but I found it enjoyable most of the time even though it was lacking in the scare department.

Conservative Explorer

I haven't played it yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

My favorite is Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Cultist

I had pre-ordered it along with the HD re-release of 2 and 3, but didn't like it... like, at all. It felt too different from the ones I'd played before. I wasn't happy with the enemies they'd picked, the fighting system, or the inability to carry as many weapons as you could find. The framerate thing was also pretty retarded. I like the storyline, and the various endings, but the controls just feel too... clunky. I had more fun playing Homecoming than this :/
I got as far as the radio station, at which point I shelved it and haven't touched it since. Maybe one day...

Tipsy Vampire

I actually really liked it. Out of all the American-produced Silent Hill games it's been my favorite. I do really miss Akira Yamaoka, but, oh well. Korn's theme isn't the worst thing I've heard and I did like some of the other songs they licensed to play in the game.

But yeah, it's not without its issues, as everyone's mentioned. *Supposedly* there's a patch coming out, but the last I heard of it was several months ago. xp A real shame.

;P And I know you all are saying it wasn't scary, but the train ride scared the crap out of me.

I also really liked the new take on the Otherworld. Instead of just ripping off the movie, they gave it a more dream-like quality, which I found interesting.

My favorite will always be Silent Hill 2, but Downpour is a step in the right direction.

Wilya_The_White_Wolf
Personally I thought Downpour was good. I liked some of the new features in it.
And it actually made references to a lot of the previous games if you payed attention during side quests.
There was also a bonus ending which brought almost every character back from previous games.

Overall, my favorite game is 3. I just thought it had the best story line.

But Harry isn't there. emo And I wanted cake, too!

Anxious Informer

I like Downpour. The best since Team Silent Hill disbanded. However I thought it was scary but not in the sense of the old games. Of course I played it with turtle beach headphones. My favorite story wise is Silent Hill 2 and music wise its Silent Hill 4.

Fanatical Prophet

xSkullXFacex
Yes, The voice actors could have been better.
What was wrong with the voice actors? I thought most of them did their job well enough.

Biohazard Agent
I say Silent Hill 3 was my favorite one, it brought most of my attention, and pretty much made me go at the edge of my seat most of time I play it.
Harry Masons questions about his daughters whereabouts will never be forgotten. gonk rip in piece

Raven Xavier Kitari
Every silent hill was great! Next to Resident Evil it defined the true humble beginning to the modern horror genre we know and love today
Well, Homecoming was s**t, but most of us are trying to wash it out of our memory.

Friendly Browser

I totally know what you mean. Downpour didn't hold much of what Silent Hill is known for which was sad especially for older Silent Hill fans. However, Downpour still held some appeal about it. I enjoyed it as it's own game and not as a Silent Hill game (if that makes sense). I thought the idea of a Prisoner running into a town full of twists and turns was quite interesting and to be honest I also loved Murphy's character~
Now when it comes to my favorite Silent Hill game I would have to say it's either Silent Hill one or Silent Hill three. I lean more toward three since it has Heather who is my favorite Silent Hill character and I just love how tough she is compared to other Silent Hill females. However I love Silent Hill for the chase. I love how determined Harry was to find his daughter and love how no matter what happened in the game he was determined to do whatever it takes to get his daughter.
It's just too hard for me to pick one favorite Silent Hill game~ lol So I suppose both one and three are my favorites c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff