Welcome to Gaia! ::

XxSeductive_SuccubusxX
isn't that series no longer doing well anymore
rolleyes
If the "classic fans" bitching about the way it has changed means it's "no longer doing well", then sure. If you consider its sales, though, it's doing very well.

7,750 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
i have on the 360 i beat Leon and Chis chapter's now im on Jakes my brother is on Adas already

Shadowy Rogue

8,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
I have it for my PS3 and my boyfriend and I were playing a few days ago.. Love the game to death but sadly I have to return it to get another game... Stupid dad won't let me buy it....

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
Requimortis
Rue_Multicosplay_Archer

How did Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City "ruin" the series? Resident Evil 5 is almost identical to Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is a spin-off developed by a separate company. Both are great games in their own right.

I know right RE 5 was the s**t and ORC was pretty cool but was short as hell thoe

Celebrating Sweetheart

5,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I have only played the demo so far. I like the game but it kinda lost it's horror element, except for maybe Leon's side (damn zombies jumping in the windows and whatnot scared the crap out of me).

Magical OTP

21,000 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Saints Knight_X
Requimortis
Rue_Multicosplay_Archer

How did Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City "ruin" the series? Resident Evil 5 is almost identical to Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is a spin-off developed by a separate company. Both are great games in their own right.

I know right RE 5 was the s**t and ORC was pretty cool but was short as hell thoe

Orc was okay I wasn't a big on the short story, could have been longer. 5 though...I'm not a big fan of the story...and being a Wesker fan doesn't help

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
DynaSuarez Wrecks
XxSeductive_SuccubusxX
rolleyes
If the "classic fans" bitching about the way it has changed means it's "no longer doing well", then sure. If you consider its sales, though, it's doing very well.

Classic Fans?
You mean the ones that go wwaaay Back?
I saw like a article on it a long time ago saying that it wasn't doing well.
I actually wish i could play the game, but it's scary but really cool.

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
Rue_Multicosplay_Archer
Saints Knight_X
Requimortis
Rue_Multicosplay_Archer

Orc was okay I wasn't a big on the short story, could have been longer. 5 though...I'm not a big fan of the story...and being a Wesker fan doesn't help
yeah what i like about Orc is it had acutal zombies on it and when you got bit you got infected you had to use a antiviris to cure it,what i didnt like about it was you can only carry 1 first aid spray and you get to carry only 2 guns which probally
would be realistic because if there was a real zombie apcoalypse you wouldnt be able to carry a whole varity of guns like Re 4,5,and 6 does...but as for 5 everyboby gots there point of views on it i thaught it was a good game but between 4 and 5...4 will still be my favorite...........anyways back to 6 how far are you in it?

Fanatical Prophet

DynaSuarez Wrecks
XxSeductive_SuccubusxX
rolleyes
If the "classic fans" bitching about the way it has changed means it's "no longer doing well", then sure. If you consider its sales, though, it's doing very ******** Resident Evil 2.

There, I said it.
Priestess Resira
DynaSuarez Wrecks
XxSeductive_SuccubusxX
rolleyes
If the "classic fans" bitching about the way it has changed means it's "no longer doing well", then sure. If you consider its sales, though, it's doing very ******** Resident Evil 2.

There, I said it.
k
jupiter4000

The horror element isn't gone, we're just desensitized to that particular genre.
Requimortis
jupiter4000

The horror element isn't gone, we're just desensitized to that particular genre.

That's actually a really good point. The thing about early resident evils is that they really defined the concept of survival horror... at the time. While not the first horror games, they were some of the first majorly successful entries along with other early series like silent hill.

But things get old. People get desensitized. Zombies stop being scary. And the flaws of the older games become glaring as the series gets dry and archaic.

Resident Evil 4 entered the scene to jump start Resident Evil (and the genre) and pretty much is one of the most (if not the most) well received Resident Evil games ever. Many other survival Horror games also went more along the action route and now the question "What is survival horror?" is something that gets a lot of gamers butthurt.

It's important that we voice our complaints and sing our praise, but lets not forget that we now have an extremely high standard of what's scary and also remember that a game being fun is what is most important... not the amount of zombies crashing through windows.
Lemonsalsa

I was expecting a long-winded post attacking mine but I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised at what I found. What most fail to realize is that if Capcom actually gave us what a handful of people want, the games would be slow-paced and dull. A great example of this would be Leon's campaign in Resident Evil 6. It's not terrible, but it does contain elements of the older titles which makes it rather slow and tedious in the beginning. If you were to remove the action, tone down melee attacks, and decrease the (slight) abundance of ammunition, it would have been unbearable.
Requimortis
Lemonsalsa

I was expecting a long-winded post attacking mine but I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised at what I found. What most fail to realize is that if Capcom actually gave us what a handful of people want, the games would be slow-paced and dull. A great example of this would be Leon's campaign in Resident Evil 6. It's not terrible, but it does contain elements of the older titles which makes it rather slow and tedious in the beginning. If you were to remove the action, tone down melee attacks, and decrease the (slight) abundance of ammunition, it would have been unbearable.

Oh I totally agree. What's worse is people who say "They need to bring back the old camera!" which is one of the few opinions on the series I refuse to tolerate. Gameplay mechanics used to cover up graphical problems are not good just because one has nostalgia for them!

I totally agree that Leon's campaign is the slowest of the 4. It's fun, but it takes more time due to the pacing. I also love how you mentioned that the ammo abundance was slight. I found myself running out of ammo a lot in this game.

By the way, how did you enjoy the campaigns? I personally really loved Jake and Sherry's. Aside from the final chapter, I really loved the new gameplay their campaign brought as well as they story/dynamic going on there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff