Welcome to Gaia! ::

Masiakasaurus
The Dragonborn may be powerful, but they can't be everywhere.

Or can they?

Masiakasaurus
The Aldemari Dominion beat the entire united empire, Skyrim included, to a standstill; a Skyrim that's been weakened by civil war, has had its economy and trade gutted by the social changes the Stormcloaks would introduce, been cut off from all its allies and left to fend for itself would be years if not decades away from being able to seriously stand up to the Dominion, assuming the Argonians didn't simply curb stomp them like they did to Morrowind. "Just send in the Dragonborn" is less of a plan than a last-ditch effort and probably the plot of ESVI.

Maybe, maybe not. Hammerfell is still resisting the occupation, and the history of the Elder Scrolls is full of strange coincidences and events. Back in the time of Saint Alessia, who could have predicted that a time travelling super knight would have appeared and helped destroy the Ayleids?

Edit to address your edit to address my edit:

Masiakasaurus
Why would the Empire agree to that when they aren't at war with the Dominion? Would the battered remnants of the Empire even be able to lend substantial aid?

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear? I meant the other way around. If the Empire entered into a war with the Dominion, then the Stormcloaks wouldn't have any reason not to help them. Just because they now have political autonomy doesn't mean they're completely disloyal to Cyrodil, and, if the ban on Talos worship were lifted, they may willingly join up with the empire once again.

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

Maltese_Falcon91
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear? I meant the other way around. If the Empire entered into a war with the Dominion, then the Stormcloaks wouldn't have any reason not to help them. Just because they now have political autonomy doesn't mean they're completely disloyal to Cyrodil, and, if the ban on Talos worship were lifted, they may willingly join up with the empire once again.

The Aldemari have no reason to start a war with the Empire while an independent Skyrim exists, because all they really want is time to work on unmaking the world. The Empire might eventually start up a war against them, but without Skyrim, that would happen much later or not at all. Most likely scenarios are either the Aldemari attack Skyrim to remove that playing piece from the board and to make big strides towards eliminating Talos worship (likely) or the Argonians decide that Skyrim is ripe for conquest since Morrowind actually kinda sucks (not so much). Either way they'll want to strike right away while the region is still in turmoil.

If Skyrim were to rejoin the Empire after the Talos ban is lifted it would prove that Ulfric was on a power play the whole time. Talos worship was "banned" in Skyrim before the uprising, in the sense that everybody worshiped Talos privately and the Empire gave zero ******** about it. It was the uprising itself that caused the Empire to crack down to appease the Thalmor. If that was really the only reason to leave then the whole thing was pointless and just a way for Ulfric to become the High King.
Masiakasaurus
The Aldemari have no reason to start a war with the Empire while an independent Skyrim exists, because all they really want is time to work on unmaking the world.

Not that we know of, no. Though unmaking the world would eventually require attacking Skyrim, and the Empire might not necessarily sit idly by while the Thalmor assimilate more of Tamriel.
Masiakasaurus
If Skyrim were to rejoin the Empire after the Talos ban is lifted it would prove that Ulfric was on a power play the whole time. Talos worship was "banned" in Skyrim before the uprising, in the sense that everybody worshiped Talos privately and the Empire gave zero ******** about it.

The Empire might not care, but the Thalmor always have.

Hopeless Dreamer

-Moon Fire Liako-

Link please? emotion_kirakira
Gh4stly
I doubt you have any evidence to prove the contrary.

You should probably read the Metaphysics of Morrowind articles I linked to, earlier. In terms of Elder Scrolls lore, Player characters are definitely not someone you want on your bad side. Maybe.
Gh4stly
Are you really that ignorant to believe that the bigoted, racist Stormcloaks who are fighting the Empire every step of the way are going to turn around and join with them when the Thalmor attack again?

Why do the Stormcloaks always get so much hate? They're a lot less racist than the Dunmer ever were, and it's not like members of their nobility have been abducting and torturing members of the beast races, which is more than the Empire, circa the Oblivion crisis can say. What they are is a loose organization of people who are trying to bring back Talos worship, some are undoubtedly racist, but keep in mind that even in Windhelm, they as a whole have no problem tolerating High Elf businessmen operating in their city, and Ulfric himself has no problem allowing people of any race to join. The situation's a lot more complex than that.

At any rate, Ulfric flat out states that he's going to be preparing to fight the Thalmor, and that they were always the real threat. His loyal service to the empire and his torture at the hands of the High Elves lead me to believe that he'd put aside past grudges, especially if the White-Gold Concordat was broken, and Talos worship was restored in the empire.

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Id side with the Stormcloaks

Imperials tried to kill you in the beginning of the game so they basically picked a side for you

Imperials allow the Thalmor free reign over Skyrim so The Aldmeri dominion already have control of Skyrim

And the Empire will already be weak because
The Emperor is assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood

You are the Dragonborn so you will change the tide of war being a Stormcloak if The Aldmeri dominion try to invade and besides Im pretty sure the Storm cloaks will mostly fight back with unconventional means "Guerrilla warfare"

I seriously don't think that The Imperials could hold off the Aldemri dominion any more than the Stormcloaks could and I also think getting rid of the Thalmor would give the Stormcloaks a huge bonus in repelling the Aldmeri dominion

Seriously if Ulfirc can drive the Brentons from the reach I doubt the elves could take over Skyrim especially when all the elves arent even allied with the Aldmeri Dominion

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff