DarkRybrin's Queen

Loving Dragon

61,100 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
iHikairi
NocturnalVeil

I was hopping you have some suggestion on one of those game boosters.
Or some UI to prevent things from crashing and lagging.

I never experienced lagged on PS3.
Even though mine works on PC. xd
Skyrim must be a detailed game, if on PS3 it lags too.

Alot of games lag after the ps3 has been on for 12 hours straight, my own fault really. xp

Sadly I don't have a computer fit for gaming, so I can't give you much advice there. On the bright side, since you use your computer, you could use the game consol to restart a quest if it lags, or skip a part if it keeps lagging. I never done it myself, but it's definitively the upside of using the computer. A bugged quest on the ps3 can be fixed sometimes, but not every time. Then the option is to start over or work around it, after 30 hours gameplay it's usually the later I chose.
there is no benefit from join either factions in the war for skyrim questline

sadly, skyrim is not fallout new vegas crying

if anything, don't do the questline at all if not for roleplaying reasons

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

Maltese_Falcon91
They're pretty much identical, and it all really boils down to morality. The Stormcloaks don't like the Thalmor, the Empire lets them do whatever they want.

Not quite. The Empire hates the Thalmor as well. Actually, everyone hates the Thalmor (and everyone should, because the Thalmor are cartoonishly evil). The Empire puts up with the Thalmor in the interests of maintaining a sham peace while they build up forces to kick them to the curb.

But yeah there's no real point to the civil war and you don't have to do it. Both sides kind of suck (Empire is corrupt and inept, Stormcloaks are racists).

But you should totally kill Thalmor 24/7 either way.

Witty Bookworm

12,075 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Some people like to get political about which one is better for the people I just judge it by who screwed me over the most (Imperials)
So I always join the Stormcloaks (always play as High Elf which I find amusing )
Though the first time I almost joined the Imperials because I accidentally followed the wrong person luckily there is a way to fix that
I don't think one is easier then the other though I can't say for sure.
You can avoid it as long as you you haven't started the Jagged Crown quest I think.
It causes issues with the main story quest

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

twilight_princess01
Though the first time I almost joined the Imperials because I accidentally followed the wrong person luckily there is a way to fix that
You can avoid it as long as you you haven't started the Jagged Crown quest I think.
It causes issues with the main story quest

Who you follow at the start of the game is irrelevant. Follow the Stormcloak guy and you'll get the "Join the Stormcloaks" Miscellaneous quest, follow the Imperial and it's "Join the Empire," but you can get either quest by heading to any camp of the respective faction. Most players will get both quests long before they actually pick a side. You don't even need the quest to join up, just talk to the appropriate guy and say you want to join.

Jagged Crown is I think the point of no return. Regardless of who gave you the quest you can complete it for either side (just return it to General Tullius to complete it for the Imps or Ulfric as a Stormcloak regardless of who gave you the quest) but after that you're stuck with your chosen faction. The Civil War doesn't impact the main quest at all, save for Season Unending.

Noble Hero

16,900 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
iHikairi
Hello fellow gamers~
I know that Skyrim has been like a forever to everyone.
But I just got the game, which is nice for me. c:

I need help about joining between the two fractions.
Stormcloaks and Imperial Legion.

I've just started up looking around at some of the forums on other sites.
And it's everywhere.
Though I can't say I follow up what they were discussing.
A bit tad confusing for me. sweatdrop

So, what I'm asking is... :
What's the advantages of joining one?
Pros and Cons between them?
Can I ignore/avoid it and not joining any fractions at all?

I don't know where to discuss this.
So I posted it here.
Sorry about that and if the discussion is repetitive and annoying.
To answer it simply, IMPERIALS (Red clothed) want a united Skyrim with the High Elves ( the dominion) andthey both agreed to ban worshiping of the Nord named TALOS ( you'd see statues of him killing a snake) he's also known as Tiber Septim. The STORMCLOAKS (blue cloth, led by Ulfric Stormcloak) want an independent skyrim from the imperial and Elven Dominian and WANT to worship Talos. The Stormcloaks appear to be racist in the game but ALL nords will randomly call you " Cat/ Lizard" if you pass them. ( that's about all I'm aware of, but Ulfric Stormcloak gives you a cool sword lol)

Witty Bookworm

12,075 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Invisibility 100
Masiakasaurus

Who you follow at the start of the game is irrelevant. Follow the Stormcloak guy and you'll get the "Join the Stormcloaks" Miscellaneous quest, follow the Imperial and it's "Join the Empire," but you can get either quest by heading to any camp of the respective faction. Most players will get both quests long before they actually pick a side. You don't even need the quest to join up, just talk to the appropriate guy and say you want to join.

Jagged Crown is I think the point of no return. Regardless of who gave you the quest you can complete it for either side (just return it to General Tullius to complete it for the Imps or Ulfric as a Stormcloak regardless of who gave you the quest) but after that you're stuck with your chosen faction. The Civil War doesn't impact the main quest at all, save for Season Unending.
User Image
I know which side you pick is pretty irreverent, I only panicked accidentally joining the Imperials because I think they are bastards and I didn't want to help them (Stormcloaks also have bastardieness)
Not relevant to the gameplay but I much prefer the Age of Oppression to the Age of Aggression.
I have played through the game a few times so I know pretty much what I'm doing

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

twilight_princess01
I have played through the game a few times so I know pretty much what I'm doing

Apparently not because following the wrong guy absolutely 100% cannot get you locked into either faction, and Jagged Crown only locks you in at the end, not the beginning. Regardless, not everyone in the New To Skyrim thread is a veteran of Skyrim and they might be curious about how it actually works.

Witty Bookworm

12,075 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Invisibility 100
Masiakasaurus

Apparently not because following the wrong guy absolutely 100% cannot get you locked into either faction, and Jagged Crown only locks you in at the end, not the beginning. Regardless, not everyone in the New To Skyrim thread is a veteran of Skyrim and they might be curious about how it actually works.
User Image
Sorry I wasn't very clear it came out right in my head but I guess I didn't say it right, I was also kinda running on the assumption that they would know I meant when they pick who to give the crown to. (sorry if that sounded rude, not meant to)
I get kinda...aggressive when I feel like someone is calling me out.
It's one of my not so better qualities User Image

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

twilight_princess01
(sorry if that sounded rude, not meant to)

It did, but all is forgotten and we are bros again.

Witty Bookworm

12,075 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Invisibility 100
Masiakasaurus

It did, but all is forgotten and we are bros again.
User Image
4laugh

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-Moon Fire Liako-
iHikairi

So you finally bought skyrim huh and have a capable rig o3o
You know whats its time for...
IT'S TIME TO MOD emotion_awesome

Begin by installing SKSE, SkyUI, and NMM to continue.

I went with SPERG, Immersive Weapons, Immersive Armor, and EzE's Artifact Disenchanting, for my mods of choice.
My one gripe with SPERG is that I don't know how to remove the limit of one SP every couple of levels.
It makes it a pain in the a** to get all the stuff I want out of my trees, since I started using the mods halfway through the adventure.

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

smashbrolink
I went with SPERG, Immersive Weapons, Immersive Armor, and EzE's Artifact Disenchanting, for my mods of choice.
My one gripe with SPERG is that I don't know how to remove the limit of one SP every couple of levels.
It makes it a pain in the a** to get all the stuff I want out of my trees, since I started using the mods halfway through the adventure.

SPERG does that through this mod, so you'd want to change the configuration there. Specifically, you'd want to alter this in the .ini file for the mod:

[PerksAtLevelUp]
2=1

The above is what it should be. I think SPERG sets it to 2=0.5, meaning from level 2 onwards you'd gain 0.5 perks (ie one every other level).

Or set it to whatever you want. Give yourself 10 perks per level if you want.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Masiakasaurus
smashbrolink

SPERG does that through this mod, so you'd want to change the configuration there. Specifically, you'd want to alter this in the .ini file for the mod:

[PerksAtLevelUp]
2=1

The above is what it should be. I think SPERG sets it to 2=0.5, meaning from level 2 onwards you'd gain 0.5 perks (ie one every other level).

Or set it to whatever you want. Give yourself 10 perks per level if you want.

Maybe you can answer something I've been curious about...
It says here that modifying the right value would allow me to gain levels on my skills virtually infinitely.

Now, in the INI file, I found the following:

;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the Uncapper Skill Level Caps;
;Default value = 0
bUseSkillCaps=1

I haven't altered anything yet, so that's what it looks like by default.
The way it is now, does that mean it's unlocked the cap of 100 on each tree, and I now have the ability to continue raising my skills so I can go above level 100 on them?
Because if it has, I haven't noticed the exp bar for said skills rising.
In fact, it's 100% full for 1-H training, and I can't seem to make it raise any higher by any means...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff