Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Whats your 1st impression of pong?

saya shiver's Waifu

Alien Friend

Nope, definitely not my first time playing Majora's Mask. Although it's interesting to see the changes made to the remake. Some slight changes, a new quest with an extra bottle, fishing holes, and the boss battles have been tweaked. As well, a few visuals have been added, like graffiti in the tunnel leading to the observatory.
I've already completed the game and I have to say I am quite happy with the remake.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Well there are many differences between the original version and the 3d version.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Well there are many differences between the original version and the 3d version.

Shirtless Raider

Tried it at first on N64, did not like it... Can't even get past the Clock town thing when you're a deku scrub in the beginning. But from the manga the story sounds really epic though

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Raven Xavier Kitari
Tried it at first on N64, did not like it... Can't even get past the Clock town thing when you're a deku scrub in the beginning. But from the manga the story sounds really epic though

Can't blame you... I just started playing the N64 version as well on the Wii... It took me until Day 3 to just find the ******** Stray Fairy (had to Google it eventually)... Then I had to play hide and seek with those kids and rush my ******** a** off so I could barely make it back to the Clock Tower in time... A game should not have such search quests under such time pressure... I have my Ocarina back now so I can invert and slow time when needed so hopefully the game will be a lot more enjoyable from now on... cat_stressed

Shirtless Raider

YunaSama
Raven Xavier Kitari

Can't blame you... I just started playing the N64 version as well on the Wii... It took me until Day 3 to just find the ******** Stray Fairy (had to Google it eventually)... Then I had to play hide and seek with those kids and rush my ******** a** off so I could barely make it back to the Clock Tower in time... A game should not have such search quests under such time pressure... I have my Ocarina back now so I can invert and slow time when needed so hopefully the game will be a lot more enjoyable from now on... cat_stressed

i think i rather just use an action replay and do away with the headache
Naya Merai
Japantsu
NyxAura
Just got my copy a few days ago, actually! smile I played it back on Nintendo 64. I only remember a few of the puzzles and side quests. To be honest, I loved the concept of Majora's Mask back on 64 which is why I was so excited to get the 3DS copy. I'm a huge Zelda fan and played all the classic ones like Zelda for Nintendo and the oracle ones~

But Majoras doesn't give that same exciting feeling when I was a kid. If anything, the rush against time and having to go back o the First Dawn made me feel...impatient (if that's what the ansy feeling was?) that I had to put it down.

It does feel like everything is easily accessed with the 3DS setup~ I do enoy that :3 I never really used the "Bomber's Notebook" in the 64, but I find that I'm referring to it a lot more in the 3DS version.
the reason you felt that way is because you lose every ruppee and other stuff when you go back in time but there is a way to fix that actually.

everytime you go back in time there should be a chest that respawns in clocktown that has 100 ruppees in that basically eliminated my impatience with the game!

i'm not sure if they fixed that with the 3DS release!

That's what the bank was for in West Clock Town

Defiitely wasn't because of the loss of rupees. If I know I have to go back to the First Dawn than I fast travel to West Clock and use the bank there to deposit every bit I had on me.
It was a piece of cake to get my wallet upgraded as soon as I opened the game for the first time.

I think it's because of the side quests.
I have to redefeat the first boss in order to go back to the butler to do his little quest for his item.
Even though it wasn't all that hard to do it~ I still found I become impatient with the amount of time I had to complete certain side missions. That's just the game, though! :p
Shows I had a lot more patience and was easily entertained when I was younger. xD
Winndy
Nope, definitely not my first time playing Majora's Mask. Although it's interesting to see the changes made to the remake. Some slight changes, a new quest with an extra bottle, fishing holes, and the boss battles have been tweaked. As well, a few visuals have been added, like graffiti in the tunnel leading to the observatory.
I've already completed the game and I have to say I am quite happy with the remake.

Completed it already?! Did you try and do all the "Bomber's quests" that's recorded in your notebook? :3 I really enjoy the story, but I think those are my favorite xD

saya shiver's Waifu

Alien Friend

NyxAura
Winndy

Completed it already?! Did you try and do all the "Bomber's quests" that's recorded in your notebook? :3 I really enjoy the story, but I think those are my favorite xD

Yup. I've done all the quests too. All heart pieces, upgrades, side quests and the like.
I played the original a loooot back in the day to the point that I memorized near everything in the game. I don't have to look up... two or three things to remember what to do or where to go. Otherwise, got everything just by my memory alone. It was mainly a challenge for myself to see if I could 100% the game in under 72 hours, and I am happy to see that I can. 3nodding
The side quests in Majora's Mask is half the fun of the game and something I really enjoy about it. It's very unique not just for a Zelda game but other video games in general, I think. You're not just out to save the world in a traditional kind of fashion, but your OTHER mission in the game is to bring happiness to people. How often do you see that in a game? Not often, I don't think.
Then of course, the atmosphere of the game is amazing too. Colorful, yet very eerie and creepy. It's both familiar (if you've played Ocarina of Time) yet very strange at the same time. A way I describe Majora's Mask is Zelda meets a grim and dark Alice in Wonderland.
Raven Xavier Kitari
YunaSama
Raven Xavier Kitari

Themeatically and storywise its very interesting as it's more of a character based study rather than being plot heavy.

Gameplay wise its eh to me as well. I really dont like the timer.

Shirtless Raider

SuperSmashWaifus
Raven Xavier Kitari
YunaSama
Raven Xavier Kitari

Themeatically and storywise its very interesting as it's more of a character based study rather than being plot heavy.

THANK YOU! Finally someone else that hates that annoying time XD
Raven Xavier Kitari
SuperSmashWaifus
Raven Xavier Kitari
YunaSama
Raven Xavier Kitari

THANK YOU! Finally someone else that hates that annoying time XD

inb4 someone brings up song of double time or some s**t

Girl-Crazy Grabber

It wouldn't be, if I was going to play it again, but it won't even be the second because I have no plans to play it again.

Once was enough for the second-worst Zelda game.

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
I played through it on Gamecube's Zelda collection but even that was a decade ago.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff