Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanged Hunter

put your back n2 it

there actually is a movie very similar to this called Rampage. it's really not about revenge. just a guy who hates life for whatever reason and so he goes on a killing spree. it's a pretty shitty movie. not cause of the murder spree, it's just really bad. i'm also pretty sure that's what Natural Born Killers is about, too.

God Bless America is kind of in the same vein
Guy decides to just kill people he doesn't like and befriends a girl who joins him and such

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_crown gaia_nitemareright
Hmm, I don't believe in censorship, but it does seem to have been made in really poor taste from what I gather of this game and its intentions.
There's a little something to admire in its anti-political correctness stance, but as a game, it sure looks like there's nothing more beyond that and shocking the public. Overall, it does look pretttty trashy.
if it's too violent then perhaps further development of it will be cancelled? like what happened to "thrill kill" on the ps1

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mock Pride
xLiemx
theyre trying to be edgy and controversial whilst claiming they are not to raise fame.

its a poor tactics.

the much larger demographic who play games never even heard of these games. The much larger majority only sees whats in the stores and maaaaaaaybe through tv/a friend.

gamers like us who view sites and look up these things are a heavy minority.

further more, gamers like us who perform research will come up with the conclusion to hate or like the game and //then maybe buy it.

its an amazingly piss poor marketing strategy simply because our medium(gaming) is directly proportionate to playing a game to have fun.

if this was a book or movie it may have done remarkably well. but its not.

game articles will probably hype it, it gets attention, ultimately no sales and the crew who worked their a** off for months will say 0 profit, have a cry and go back to art school.

The gameplay looks pretty decent though. Take away all the context and it seems like a fun semi-strategic top-down shooter with some cool environmental stuff going on.

I think it's a decent enough marketing strategy. The SJWs and news channels are going to go absolutely berserk about this game. They'll use this as an example of everything wrong with violent video games and how they affect the youth and it'll gain in popularity more from the people who hate it, than the people who are actually fans. I don't think the game is going to get any awards or break any sales records, but this is definitely going to be popular for a long time.

I might be giving the team who developed this game too much credit, but I like to think that this is just a way to speak up against the overly politically correct standards that America has.

marketing has generically two phases:
1. getting your product known.
2. selling your product

I mean I have no doubts its going to get somewhat well known on the net, but will it sell?

The much larger demographic of gamers wouldn't hear of it nor see it. Like really. we are a minority, the sjws and news channels which see it are still a minority. we are so incredibly minor when you put us in a pie chart of "people who buys games". key word is 'buy' not 'play'.

ignoring all that, even with this, is it going to sell for us?

being edgy doesnt sell games. the producers have cut out a large majority of consumers and then made the rest of us think rather than want.

take this forum for instance. how many of us are keen on buying this as a game? How many of us can?

also this isn't the first game of its kind like this. before I go naming some, can you think of some? do you know anyone at all who has played some? I might know them but I never even so much as googled 3/4 I know.
xLiemx
Mock Pride
xLiemx
theyre trying to be edgy and controversial whilst claiming they are not to raise fame.

its a poor tactics.

the much larger demographic who play games never even heard of these games. The much larger majority only sees whats in the stores and maaaaaaaybe through tv/a friend.

further more, gamers like us who perform research will come up with the conclusion to hate or like the game and //then maybe buy it.

its an amazingly piss poor marketing strategy simply because our medium(gaming) is directly proportionate to playing a game to have fun.

game articles will probably hype it, it gets attention, ultimately no sales and the crew who worked their a** off for months will say 0 profit, have a cry and go back to art school.

The gameplay looks pretty decent though. Take away all the context and it seems like a fun semi-strategic top-down shooter with some cool environmental stuff going on.

I think it's a decent enough marketing strategy. The SJWs and news channels are going to go absolutely berserk about this game. They'll use this as an example of everything wrong with violent video games and how they affect the youth and it'll gain in popularity more from the people who hate it, than the people who are actually fans. I don't think the game is going to get any awards or break any sales records, but this is definitely going to be popular for a long time.

I might be giving the team who developed this game too much credit, but I like to think that this is just a way to speak up against the overly politically correct standards that America has.

2. selling your product

I mean I have no doubts its going to get somewhat well known on the net, but will it sell?

The much larger demographic of gamers wouldn't hear of it nor see it. Like really. we are a minority, the sjws and news channels which see it are still a minority. we are so incredibly minor when you put us in a pie chart of "people who buys games". key word is 'buy' not 'play'.

being edgy doesnt sell games. the producers have cut out a large majority of consumers and then made the rest of us think rather than want.

take this forum for instance. how many of us are keen on buying this as a game? How many of us can?

also this isn't the first game of its kind like this. before I go naming some, can you think of some? do you know anyone at all who has played some? I might know them but I never even so much as googled 3/4 I know.
It's not even out and the much larger demographi of gamers already know of it. A podcast that I listen to every week already mentioned it, it was brought up on this gaming board and it was brought up on /v/. And it's wrong thinking that the sjws and news stations are only a "minority of people" when their sole purpose for existing is to tell as many people as they can about the stuff that they want to talk about. Once the game comes out, everyone is going to be screaming bloody murder about how it's brainwashing the youth and dehumanizing other people to encourage public shootings. Everyone is going to know about this game. Not just gamers but everyone. And when everyone knows about this "hyper violent game that's more disgusting and unacceptable than any game that came before it" of course a few people are going to buy it, even if it's just out of curiosity.

Once again, I'm not saying that this game is going to sell record numbers(although it might), I'm just saying that it's going to sell well enough.

I can google up a list of hundreds of top-down shooters real quick, but I am going to say that this is probably the first game that allows and encourages you to go on an ultra violent killing spree in a realistic setting.

Noob

I think this gives the news more to point the finger at while blaming video games for human violence. Tho I strongly disagree that videos games can really effect a persons personality and make someone a murderer because they do it in game. However I do find this game to be quiet....distasteful.
Referring to this game as a "mass murder simulator" is sort of like referring to Super Mario Bros as an "animal killing cross-country simulator."

It also looks like just another twin-stick shooter that is trying to be the edgier version of Geometry Wars. I have no problem with it other than.. it just looks boring.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mock Pride
xLiemx
Mock Pride
xLiemx

its a poor tactics.

2. selling your product

It's not even out and the much larger demographi of gamers already know of it. A podcast that I listen to every week already mentioned it, it was brought up on this gaming board and it was brought up on /v/. And it's wrong thinking that the sjws and news stations are only a "minority of people" when their sole purpose for existing is to tell as many people as they can about the stuff that they want to talk about. Once the game comes out, everyone is going to be screaming bloody murder about how it's brainwashing the youth and dehumanizing other people to encourage public shootings. Everyone is going to know about this game. Not just gamers but everyone. And when everyone knows about this "hyper violent game that's more disgusting and unacceptable than any game that came before it" of course a few people are going to buy it, even if it's just out of curiosity.

Once again, I'm not saying that this game is going to sell record numbers(although it might), I'm just saying that it's going to sell well enough.

I can google up a list of hundreds of top-down shooters real quick, but I am going to say that this is probably the first game that allows and encourages you to go on an ultra violent killing spree in a realistic setting.

sentence 1. With the first sentence it is obvious you do not understand what the word "demographic" means. I don't mean this in any rude way, I mean, we play games not sell games and how "big" a game is to "us" is based on hype rather than raw digits.

I suggest you take a class in marketing or even business 101. But here's the short stuff:

demographic in this sense, is the number of people who purchase the goods(being games).

We are insignificant in the percentage ratio of people who buy games. We may have a deeper and more curious aspect when it comes to game but we still make the same purchases as the usual consumer. Facts and figures(which I will allow you to look up rather than me doing the work for you) show the "hard core crowd" (and no i dont mean ppl who play dark souls) But the bigger fans of gaming, the ones that look up which dev is making which game, whats releasing when and many obscure ones, make up a tiny mark on the pie chart.

Add to that this game is only viewed in game-site articles and forums such as these, further replicate its lack of marketing and knowledge. And if you think this is enough marketing then you are severely lacking in knowledge when it comes to marketing.

tldr: this isn't even nearly enough exposure to the correct market to make a sale. At its best its trying to replicate the drama of the girl who slept with boys to up her review score. I mean really its only forumers(not even gamers) who are interested in stories like this.

also with your last sentence I can already tell either:
1. this s**t is very new to you and you should really use google more.
2. you've fallen into the hype, hoping it becomes a big event you can be a part of.

its literally what the guy above me says
"It also looks like just another twin-stick shooter that is trying to be the edgier version of Geometry Wars. I have no problem with it other than.. it just looks boring."

Besides. CoD went there and did it years ago.
xLiemx

sentence 1. With the first sentence it is obvious you do not understand what the word "demographic" means. I don't mean this in any rude way, I mean, we play games not sell games and how "big" a game is to "us" is based on hype rather than raw digits.

I suggest you take a class in marketing or even business 101. But here's the short stuff:

demographic in this sense, is the number of people who purchase the goods(being games).

We are insignificant in the percentage ratio of people who buy games. We may have a deeper and more curious aspect when it comes to game but we still make the same purchases as the usual consumer. Facts and figures(which I will allow you to look up rather than me doing the work for you) show the "hard core crowd" (and no i dont mean ppl who play dark souls) But the bigger fans of gaming, the ones that look up which dev is making which game, whats releasing when and many obscure ones, make up a tiny mark on the pie chart.

Add to that this game is only viewed in game-site articles and forums such as these, further replicate its lack of marketing and knowledge. And if you think this is enough marketing then you are severely lacking in knowledge when it comes to marketing.

tldr: this isn't even nearly enough exposure to the correct market to make a sale. At its best its trying to replicate the drama of the girl who slept with boys to up her review score. I mean really its only forumers(not even gamers) who are interested in stories like this.

2. you've fallen into the hype, hoping it becomes a big event you can be a part of.

"It also looks like just another twin-stick shooter that is trying to be the edgier version of Geometry Wars. I have no problem with it other than.. it just looks boring."

Lmao. oh man yea i must have had a stroke typing up the first sentence. I won't even try to defend that. I don't have any professional background knowledge in marketing like you made sure to point out several times, but I think you have a couple little problems with your thinking.

The fact that you think the game isn't getting enough exposure would be the main one. It's only being talked about in very specific forums because it only had a single trailer come out, like...a week ago? Give it some time, this game is sure to be spread around and once it hits the news, everyone will at least know of it.

And then you compared it to the 5 guys thing and Call of Duty which are both not really good comparisons. But it all boils down to opinions and what people feel that this point so it's not even worth discussing about.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mock Pride
xLiemx

Lmao. oh man yea i must have had a stroke typing up the first sentence. I won't even try to defend that. I don't have any professional background knowledge in marketing like you made sure to point out several times, but I think you have a couple little problems with your thinking.

The fact that you think the game isn't getting enough exposure would be the main one. It's only being talked about in very specific forums because it only had a single trailer come out, like...a week ago? Give it some time, this game is sure to be spread around and once it hits the news, everyone will at least know of it.

And then you compared it to the 5 guys thing and Call of Duty which are both not really good comparisons. But it all boils down to opinions and what people feel that this point so it's not even worth discussing about.

even if it does somehow get the exposure it needs, it still wont get the sales it needs since its not marketing it as something you want.

also I never mentioned 5 guys. as for cod, yes they did do the whole killing innocent peeps 1st. not even an opinion.
Fated raison detre
I don't see what is so wrong. The only difference between this, Hotline Miami and GTA is that this game doesn't pretend there is an artistic reason for it's violence. Its not that big of a deal.

I fixed your post for you.
You're welcome.

6,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I plan on giving it a okay. there's always room in my game time for some pointless and ridiculous ultra-violence. people seem to jump on anti-violence bandwagons quickly. i'm sure i can happily kill a few hours with this.

Hallowed Explorer

It kinda makes me feel conflicted. It makes me extremely uncomfortable based on what it is since it feels pretty much like High School Shooting the Game but at the same time it's so ridiculous that it's so edgy on a cartoonish level it's like something a 13 year old imagines doing with the dorkiest smile on his face and I just laugh. It honestly feels like it should be a parody of something because of how ridiculous it is.

To me what gave me the biggest impression for such a game is in a interview the devs said they wanted to make a game that gave the player pure bliss and that they were tired of games being politically correct (wut?!) and it's meant to fight that trend. It honestly feels like there's no thought put into it other than to offend, get known for such a thing, and attempt to be so edgy.

I can't say I'm for such a game that glorifies violence against innocent people as the targets of it but I don't believe in harsh censoring of adult content like gore, sex, and so on in games either since I enjoy games like Saints Row and Grand Theft Auto. I suppose the difference is with the previews of Haterd is you're straight up attacking people who can't fight back and that's your target. In SR and GTA you are against other gangsters shooting at you and harming innocent people isn't your main goal, it's a optional thing.

Sorry to ramble.

Dangerous Poster

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Its just a gane

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash